2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, c'mon..i don't believe that here. Caldwell was only ever decent...they hire Patricia and fire Caldwell...they just as well are hanging onto Patricia because they don't want to face the fact that they made a bad decision, compounded by today's climate. Caldwell wasn't the answer...Patricia isn't...but they fired a black man to hire white with worse results....probably holding on to any hope that Patricia turns it around despite the writing on the wall, simply cause their decision caused a regression. He's gone after this season, but a 3-year tenure ain't ****.

I will give the organization the benefit of the doubt and say it’s just them trying to cover up for a bad decision.

But I do believe it’s fair to say Caldwell was held to an unrealistic standard. He was the best coach in their history but yet it still wasn’t good enough. I don’t think he was great but for lions standards he was, but it still wasn’t good enough. It’s no different than corporate America. Having to work twice as hard for half the recognition

200w.gif

I will give the organization the benefit of the doubt and say it’s just them trying to cover up for a bad decision.

But I do believe it’s fair to say Caldwell was held to an unrealistic standard. He was the best coach in their history but yet it still wasn’t good enough. I don’t think he was great but for lions standards he was, but it still wasn’t good enough. It’s no different than corporate America. Having to work twice as hard for half the recognition

Yeah, I agree with the unrealistic standard, but aside from that, their best coach in history isn't Caldwell. Maybe by overall numbers or whatever you'relooking at, but they won the division in the Fontes era. Then playoffs again when the NFC Central sent 3 teams to the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom