2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread right now:

giphy.gif

I think we need wholesale changes

doug needs to be saved from himself at times.. for example in 2017, sproles getting hurt was kinda a blessing in disguise because he would overly rely on him.. and being forced to use guys who werent great pass catchers at RB kinda focused the offense

but to point out the obvious.. Travis fulgham is young and cheap and was playing extremely well and 1 of the few bright spots we’ve had over the course of last couple weeks

alshon hasn’t been healthy for 2 years and everyone assumed wouldn’t even be on the team still.. yet last night alshon is getting more snaps than the young guy

hell alshon didn’t suit up until week 10 and yet we kept him on the roster instead of putting him on PUP and opening a roster spot for over half of the season
Yea was never that high on him to begin with tbh, just feels he caught lightning in a bottle that 2017 season with a deep and super well balanced squad.

Seen him continuously outsmart himself at crucial times even more than latter stage Philly Andy :lol:

Not sure Laurie would have it in him to get rid of him just yet though after giving them extensions not that long ago.

Gonna be interesting though to see who outlasts who between both and Wentz because I don't think they'll want to make the same mistakes the Giants did in keeping everyone together for too long for nostalgic reasons. That set them back years and could do the same for you guys

Can someone pull up the posts from back then when Eagles fans were attacking Andy and his family? 👀
Go head. MY family got pics with Andy Reid. He helped work on the Linc when it was getting built

bigly Reid fan here. And Mahomes by association. #ChiefsKingdom

Also when does Derrick Henry start getting MVP buzz? He jumped Dalvin for the league lead in yards last week and is 2nd in TD's for a playoff squad.

Don't think there's been a more widely feared yet still dominant runner since prime AP.

Obviously tough to surpass Mahomes and his wizardry but I'd probably have him ahead or just behind AR right now in the top 3

Also when does Derrick Henry start getting MVP buzz? He jumped Dalvin for the league lead in yards last week and is 2nd in TD's for a playoff squad.

Don't think there's been a more widely feared yet still dominant runner since prime AP.

Obviously tough to surpass Mahomes and his wizardry but I'd probably have him ahead or just behind AR right now in the top 3

... and he might get 2,000 yards rushing. But they’re going to give that MVP
to Mahomes or Russell

Yea was never that high on him to begin with tbh, just feels he caught lightning in a bottle that 2017 season with a deep and super well balanced squad.

Seen him continuously outsmart himself at crucial times even more than latter stage Philly Andy :lol:

Not sure Laurie would have it in him to get rid of him just yet though after giving them extensions not that long ago.

Gonna be interesting though to see who outlasts who between both and Wentz because I don't think they'll want to make the same mistakes the Giants did in keeping everyone together for too long for nostalgic reasons. That set them back years and could do the same for you guys

yea changes are coming.. this is painfully obvious stuff

lurie pushed for changes last offseason and things weren’t this painfully obvious

also we have to move on from guys like alshon, desean and Jason peters

... and he might get 2,000 yards rushing. But they’re going to give that MVP
to Mahomes or Russell
I wouldn’t have a problem with #15 winning it since he's been head and shoulders the best QB but Henry's definitely been forcing his way into the picture these last few weeks

Would easily be the offensive player I'd least wanna face if I was a defender :lol:

Wince was missing wide open receivers last night.

been missing guys all season.. his mechanics are f’d.. and coaches aren’t making shh easier with playcalls/designs.. then oline is mess with injuries, poor play and coaching decisions

Hey the good news is Wentz is finally healthy
Legit feel bad for him. It’s plenty of blame to go around. He deserves a TON of it but he’s the 4th highest paid QB in the league by guaranteed money and the org has done nothing to help him. Yeah, at a certain point you gotta take ownership over your career and stop getting your hand held. But there’s only so much you can do when the org has flat out failed you.

messy messy messy situation all around. The Super Bowl really was a gift and a curse.

not what I think we should do but I doubt we get rid of Doug tbh. I think it’s a higher likelihood we higher a legit OC

I also don’t think we get rid of Howie either

nah both gotta go.. it’s painfully obvious

jason peters has been horrendous at left tackle.. never played guard or on the right side and we’re asking him to start at right guard with a broken toe

and then there’s this from a 23 year old guy who never played football until being drafted and started his 1st game couple weeks ago:

and

nah both gotta go.. it’s painfully obvious

jason peters has been horrendous at left tackle.. never played guard or on the right side and we’re asking him to start at right guard with a broken toe

and then there’s this from a 23 year old guy who never played football until being drafted and started his 1st game couple weeks ago:

Got to and actuality aren’t the same. I don’t think Laurie moves on from either tbh

Got to and actuality aren’t the same. I don’t think Laurie moves on from either tbh

why?

lurie has previously made changes with howie before.. and he made changes with Doug just this past offseason

i could see if the issues were nuanced, like stuff going on with wentz mechanics.. but the issues are bigger and more obvious than just that

Just last year a lot of yall told me Doug was one of the best coaches in the league and I told y’all he was DOG SCHIT.

I **** on Wentz and make jokes cause he’s in the division but I never thought he would be this bad. Pretty crazy how far he’s fallen.

How come sacks get counted against the QB. Shouldnt there be a deeper dive in to that stat where they look to see if its actually the QBs fault or OLine being trash.
Been counted against the QB for as long as I can remember but yea it's usually an indictment of the OL as well :lol:

Just last year a lot of yall told me Doug was one of the best coaches in the league and I told y’all he was DOG SCHIT.

Adam gase is “dog schit”

doug, like wentz, is in a bad situation and neither are good enough to overcome it

Doug can still be a good HC or OC, in the right situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom