2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Is there anywhere in SF proper with space to build a stadium? Got the same problem in DTLA with staples

Fake Twins fans sighting smh

thats-bait-mad-max.gif

Is there anywhere in SF proper with space to build a stadium? Got the same problem in DTLA with staples
Yeah along the water where the old shipping yards used to be. Heck even the original location where Candlestick Park was, but parking and traffic is bad there.

Would’ve been cool if they had a stadium along the water with the Warriors Arena and Giants ballpark.

I was wondering why you @ me in the baseball thread about the World Cup.

I hate Levi’s stadium and probably won’t. I’ll be following nossa seleção wherever they go in the states. unless we get bounced out of group stage and there’s some knockout rounds I can go to after.

Getting to Levi’s is a ****ing trek and the surrounding area sucks balls. Like an all day event. For a 1pm niners game I leave the city at like 10am and wont get home until almost 7pm. Public transit is even worse. Can’t wait until this piece of crap is obsolete. Turner field and ballpark in Arlington was done after 20-25 years. I can only hope but its baseball stadiums and different politics so I can’t even compare.

What a rant. :lol:

Love it. :lol:

Bro this is what I typed and this is what I saw…. :lol:

7999ED22-074E-4A88-9DB7-6D344E280DA4.jpeg

Santa Clara has :pimp: Korean spots and the South Bay has amazing Asian and Mexican food in general. Tons of Portuguese people live in the South Bay as well. Way more diverse than what the city is today

but yeah Levi’s is a pain to get to during a packed event, even if you live near that area. You have to drive through residential complexes to get there, and the only way you’re not stuck in traffic is if you arrive late or leave early.

There are light rails to get to there, but the thing is you have to connect to them from a different train system (Caltrain) which is an infrequent train that runs between SF and SJ, so by the time you get to the stadium you can spend up to 2 hours to get there depending where in the Bay you started from.

The stadium itself isn’t even impressive either, especially when you compare it to other stadiums built in the past couple of decades. Don’t get me started about the brilliant idea of placing half the stadium seating in direct sunlight where fans get blinded or burned to death on a hot day.

San Francisco itself is a complete dump in 2022, and that city doesn’t deserve anything nice, including new stadiums. Oakland isn’t better off but at least Oracle was easily accessible while being directly connected to BART and was easy to drive to/out of.

That’s the only thing I like about Levi’s, hearing all the “I hate everything outside of the city” get mad about having to leave their bubble for once. People from there act like anything outside of the city is a ghost town, when the vast majority of Bay Area lives outside of it. The city is just known for pretentious Midwestern/East coast transplants, overpriced mediocre food, fiends everywhere, and car break-ins these days.

Last edited:
What a rant. :lol:

Love it. :lol:

Basically my life right now. I complain about everything
1663939959893.jpeg

As fozz mentioned it would’ve been cool to have all three stadiums in the same part of town. I get so jealous of I think it’s Cleveland and Philly with all three of their stadiums next to each other.

When baseball season overlaps with basketball season and football season, there’s always a day where both the giants and warriors or giants and niners play on the same day. And if we wanted to pull a doubleheader, we couldve basically just walk from one place to the other. This past Sunday both the giants and niners played at home but if anyone tried to go to both games, they would’ve had to miss at least an hour and a half of one game to make it to the next

Next time you watch a niners game and they cut to and back from commercials with shots of the city, remember it’s an hour away.

Judge tying Maris tonight while it’s on Apple TV is so fitting for the MLB and it’s marketing lol.

I hope he breaks it tonight lol.

Back
Top Bottom