2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

^^^ the game is so messed up. I love dunks and sb dunks ,the comfort of this shoe and you can walk in your local spot n pick em up days or weeks after release! now Nike is giving them the LeBron and Jordan treatment . Smh!

there shuldnt be any "game" involved in buying a pair of shoes. I agree with your point, but i never understand why people use to term "game" when talking about sneakers. Once this made up hustle element was introduced it ruined everything.

Apparently SB has set a US release date of 3/22 for the SPOT dunks....

Several shops located near TN have received their shipment.....

I may be ***'d out and 3/22 is a weekday and I'll be at work...

there shuldnt be any "game" involved in buying a pair of shoes. I agree with your point, but i never understand why people use to term "game" when talking about sneakers. Once this made up hustle element was introduced it ruined everything.
shoe game .lol Idk its what my friends and I referred to as sneaker collecting. No hypebeast here . just a sneakerhead who appreciates adding a nice pair to their collection . But I understand what ur saying about the word "game". Lol

Had To Scoop Them Up.. $130 Though... 
tired.gif

congrats on the pickup bro...repped. $130 retail? means people paid an extra $20 for the extra box, keychain, & blanket insert at SPOT. still gonna have to pass, ive never been a fan of shiny kicks. I might pick up a pair though if i can trade these for a pair of shrimps :smile:

Last edited:
Looks like Nike really did implement release dates on SBs now and it starts with the SPoT dunks.

I called several shops that got them in and they told me the release date is on 3/22 and that any shop selling it before will risk losing their account with Nike.

SPoT Dunk 3-22-13

Concord Dunk 4-20-13

Let the camping begin...
The sneaker blogs will have a field day.
mean.gif

congrats on the pickup bro...repped. $130 retail? means people paid an extra $20 for the extra box, keychain, & blanket insert at SPOT. still gonna have to pass, ive never been a fan of shiny kicks. I might pick up a pair though if i can trade these for a pair of shrimps
smile.gif
Nahhh Retail Is $98. Local "Tax" . Haha

Nice pickup and nice pics, mustcopkicks.

Truth! Repped.

Game was over a long time ago. It's not a game when armed cops (not mall guards) have to patrol a shoe release.

Touching upon what's been discussed recently.

BIP hit the nail on the head with his description. I think being a beast is mainly lacking a true identity.

While we've all been guilty of succumbing to 'hypebeast' nature at one point or another, the bad thing is that enthusiasts have access to so much media these days, where the main focus seems to be gathering everyone's quick opinion and much less about real discussion. Lately this culture has been bombarded by a "hot or not" mentality. That same "hot or not" format has been highjacked by whichever side holds the majority opinion. Aggressive heads on the majority shut out the opposition by resorting to abrasive language, which usually shuts down any real discussion about the topic.

After a while, it becomes easy to lose focus or have your views shifted by a majorty opinion. All the comment sections on blogs, social media feeds and even this forum have definitely snowballed this effect.

That's exactly what makes this thread such a breath of fresh air. Its the only reason I signed up to this forum. Opinions get shared and discussed, individuality is embraced and everyone looks forward to coming back to see whats going on, not what side of an argument they should jump into.

tl;dr --- 2013 is gonna be another great year fot the NIKE SB DUNK THREAD!

I just read that on Crooked Tongues Twitter feed about the reissue.  That would be nice if they made it a more widely distributed reissue release.  I would love to cop a pair of those.

Here's the link they tweeted.

A little side by side comparison...pretty close. Dope shoe, closest to a retro of an SB I can think of. I like the darker swoosh on the OG though.

Last edited:
Damn, I want those SPOT SBs screw this release date business.

They're $130 retail?

Last edited by a moderator:
Those slams are a must cop! Being near London means I might actually get a chance to get the special release for once, if there is one.

Nice pickup and nice pics, mustcopkicks.
Truth! Repped.

Game was over a long time ago. It's not a game when armed cops (not mall guards) have to patrol a shoe release.

Touching upon what's been discussed recently.

BIP hit the nail on the head with his description. I think being a beast is mainly lacking a true identity.

While we've all been guilty of succumbing to 'hypebeast' nature at one point or another, the bad thing is that enthusiasts have access to so much media these days, where the main focus seems to be gathering everyone's quick opinion and much less about real discussion. Lately this culture has been bombarded by a "hot or not" mentality. That same "hot or not" format has been highjacked by whichever side holds the majority opinion. Aggressive heads on the majority shut out the opposition by resorting to abrasive language, which usually shuts down any real discussion about the topic.

After a while, it becomes easy to lose focus or have your views shifted by a majorty opinion. All the comment sections on blogs, social media feeds and even this forum have definitely snowballed this effect.

That's exactly what makes this thread such a breath of fresh air. Its the only reason I signed up to this forum. Opinions get shared and discussed, individuality is embraced and everyone looks forward to coming back to see whats going on, not what side of an argument they should jump into.

tl;dr --- 2013 is gonna be another great year fot the NIKE SB DUNK THREAD!

I don't think people understand the meaning of "game". They meanthe hip hop meaning of "game". "Game" just refers to anything that has unwritten rules of sorts, or is "played" a certain way. The Rap Game, Career Game, The Game of Life, Mouthpiece Game. Music, life, your career, hollering at ****, all of those things are not games. They are just "played" a certain way. They are certain things you need to do to be in play. In this case, research. You need to know what stores to get em, when you can find them, etc. You are not just going to walk into a famous footwear and see Nike SBs chilling on display. That is how this is a "game", and I fully agree with calling it that.

I see where you're coming from, sunshine. Repped.

BTW, one of my locals got those blue/mint regular dunks you were checking out a while back, so I got a good look at em. I think they might look better if you swap them volt laces for just plain whites. Might scoop em' up when they hit a clearance rack somewhere :tongue:

Last edited:
I bought Skunks for retail. I was probably one of the few who actually wanted them before release. A few months later at my shop they did a restock on them, and I bought a second pair because everyone was sleeping on them. Today Skunks retail for over $500, and I have to say... it's worth it. The quality is amazing, the inspiration is
smokin.gif
, and honestly... I don't ever see Nike doing anything like that again. Money comes and goes, but love for owning a sneaker grail is beautiful.
Having the option to wear one grail and keep the other DS is like having your cake and eating it too while living in the best of both worlds and getting what you want and what you need from big booty twins at the same damn time.  Retail = Gimme 3.  Current prices = Meh, $600 comes and stays 'round here. Damn sequestration.  BTW - I agree with everything you said about the Skunks quality and history.  Congrats on the pick-ups.  The fact that *****/13 is without such "inspiration" even though the country is closer than ever to changing direction on the issue is interesting to say the least. 

Back
Top Bottom