2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

yea its more of a darker yellow so i probably am sticking to red, its the best ive seen or trying out white. Its definitely off a few shades, they shouldve done a little better there.
The shade of yellow is definitely different. Rukus could have gotten a special shade of yellow laces for the release, but the laces seem to have been an after thought.  

Imma deff try n get better laces cause on that website it's taxi yellow n my box says the yellow on rukus is tour yellow

If you guys really want the matching yellow laces for the Rukus dunks, maybe just try asking Fullylaced?

They may have some extras.

The shade of yellow is definitely different. Rukus could have gotten a special shade of yellow laces for the release, but the laces seem to have been an after thought.  

yea, good luck, the right shade came on neckface blazes but i think those are flat, and i think maybe the wet floor dunk alternates if theyre yellow, but i had no luck with sb laces being sold in the right shade otherwise. Goldenrods came with the right shade too but theyre flat.

you actually wear all your kicks or do you just collect em?
I wear ALL my kix just not immediately after purchasing them.Why do you ask?
Just wondering. a lot of people complain there are too many kicks to buy. But having too many sneakers is unrealistic as you arent gonna be wearing more them more than once and they will just sit in the box. Personally a ton of sneakers I could want but realistically i dont get them because there are only so many you are gonna wear. Save your dough and drop cash on the ones you know you will rock at least once a week and get your moneys worth

If you guys really want the matching yellow laces for the Rukus dunks, maybe just try asking Fullylaced?

the ones that came with the shoe are a generic lace off their site that doesnt match the yellow on the shoe.

Palace 5ive @Palace5ive · 7m
nikesb #Quartersnacks available now at the DC & Va locations.

Palace 5ive @Palace5ive · 8m
Just got our shipment in of the nikesb Dunk Low #Crawfish & Janoski #Beaches. We have down to a size…

Don't know if they are taking phone orders or not but you can try +1 202-299-9008

Just wondering. a lot of people complain there are too many kicks to buy. But having too many sneakers is unrealistic as you arent gonna be wearing more them more than once and they will just sit in the box. Personally a ton of sneakers I could want but realistically i dont get them because there are only so many you are gonna wear. Save your dough and drop cash on the ones you know you will rock at least once a week and get your moneys worth

DJ Clark Kent was on a podcast recently and what he said really resonated with me. Im not as old as him but i can relate, he said he came from the era of being "fresh" instead of just being a "sneakerhead" hed trade all the kicks in his collection (he went down from 6000 pairs to about 2500!!) if Nike would provide him a fresh pair of white/white AF1s everyday for the rest of his life. Ronnie Fieg said white or black cement 3s would do it for him. I would probably agree with ronnie and do the same for 3s.

I know it sounds kinda crazy, but i can relate to it, i recently passed 100 pairs, and probably about a 40-50 shoe rotation. I probably could go 20 years never buying another pair again, as far as necessity, but i really like always having something new or that looks new to wear, dunks just happen to be my favorite silhouette, especially considering the price.

I can understand a 1 week rotation of what you really love though, it makes sense for most. I just really like footwear/fashion

I know a lot of people on here like the worn in look but for me if all my kicks always looked new i would wear them all without a second thought, since thats not the case i save some for special occassions. I cringed at the dude saying he creases them on purpose a while back, but to each his own.

It's the same exact laces that FullyLaced sell on their website. Rukus didn't get special laces from them.

Oops @drprince89  beat me to it lol

Last edited:
This pic from source boards has the .25 snacks looking DUSTY!

Last edited:
DJ Clark Kent was on a podcast recently and what he said really resonated with me. Im not as old as him but i can relate, he said he came from the era of being "fresh" instead of just being a "sneakerhead" hed trade all the kicks in his collection (he went down from 6000 pairs to about 2500!!) if Nike would provide him a fresh pair of white/white AF1s everyday for the rest of his life. Ronnie Fieg said white or black cement 3s would do it for him. I would probably agree with ronnie and do the same for 3s.

I know it sounds kinda crazy, but i can relate to it, i recently passed 100 pairs, and probably about a 40-50 shoe rotation. I probably could go 20 years never buying another pair again, as far as necessity, but i really like always having something new or that looks new to wear, dunks just happen to be my favorite silhouette, especially considering the price.

I can understand a 1 week rotation of what you really love though, it makes sense for most. I just really like footwear/fashion

I know a lot of people on here like the worn in look but for me if all my kicks always looked new i would wear them all without a second thought, since thats not the case i save some for special occassions. I cringed at the dude saying he creases them on purpose a while back, but to each his own.

Definitely feel both Kent's perspective and your own. I love kicks...fresh is fresh, irrespective of the label. But somewhere along the line, it's become more about copping before thinking, and that's made it both not fun and a chore. I've started to give kicks away, throwing out boxes, selling multiples, and actively sitting out some releases.

I never feel quite as old as when I hear some teen or twenty-something tell me what's 'heat.' Give me BC3's, Blk/Red 1's, or Infrared 6's and I'm good forever.

Anywho, rant/derail over.

Anyone that's ever checked out my collection thread see's that I buy a pretty wide variety of styles. I don't think I could ever be tied up into one release with thousands of pairs to last me the rest of my life. I like too many different styles of shoes to ever do that. I'm also of the belief that there's a place for every style of wear, from the crisp fresh out the box wears, to the pairs that obviously have a story behind them.

I had a pair of NB 574 that I wore until someone mistook them for garbage and tossed them out that I wore for about 6 years. They didn't get worn often towards the end, but they were a comfort shoe that served as a physical reminder of some stuff I've lived through.

Back
Top Bottom