2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

This weeks pickups. I never wear highs in the summer, but that doesn't mean I can't buy them for fall lol

Taun Tauns, so dope. Repped

John00 (aka Black Thought)
laugh.gif
I need the chair gif, or if anyone else wants to chime in.... unless this has already been covered before.

My question is in regards to ISO, QS, HS and how is it determined which shops get what, is some of it just random and do some shops just get stuff hit and miss? I realize most of it is obviously by the volume the shop does and the popularity of the shop, its location etc but....

The reason I'm asking, I was at a semi-local skateshop the other day that was new to me. It seemed like a cool shop and the guy working there seemed nice/helpful so I asked him if they typically get QS, ISO, etc.....He said they usually get ISO stuff, as far as QS it's hit and miss and they usually don't know til like the day before whether or not they are getting them, and I doubt they'd ever get a HS. He said they did get the SPOT's recently and thought they were going to get the Concord's but didn't. They got a shipment that they thought were going to be the Concords but when they opened the shipment up there was just a bunch of Janoski's in it. I don't think he was BSing me, although I thought most shops who wanted the Concords were able to just order them. It seems weird that they would get a Premium QS(SPOTS) but not a ISO Pro GR(Concords). He did take my info down and said they try to call people who are interested in QS, ISO, etc. stuff and give them a heads up when they do get them in so I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
really likin the all black with rainbow thread highs. also excited for a few of the quickstrikes comin out. quality is never lacking on sbs. not a fanboy, just an old skate kid. not the new tyler the creator or lil wayne ones :smile:

really likin the all black with rainbow thread highs. also excited for a few of the quickstrikes comin out. quality is never lacking on sbs. not a fanboy, just an old skate kid. not the new tyler the creator or lil wayne ones :smile:
second the comment on quality.  havent worn a new pair of nsw dunks in a while and recently broke out the jpack dunks.  they feel like cardboard compared to my sbs.  

decent list, but there were some things that bothered me
  • those new supreme tennis classics shouldnt be on the list (while the 2012 dunks werent)
  • lucky's #58? those are a top 10 SB for me!
  • todd jordan blazers should've made it (my favorite blazers other than supremes)
  • paul brown dunks (#36) should be top 10-15
  • BP reign in bloods @ 21 (way too high imo)
  • Tiffs # 3, that shoes is rediculously overrated
  • and many great dunks didnt even make the list (lodens, sharks, barfs, medicom black denims, mork and mindy, DOTD, skate or dies, statue of libs)

Whomever compiled that list should be benched indefinitely.....
i half agree, only because its based on opinion. our opinions just happen to be right
glasses.gif

while the supremes are nice, they are not number 1. not even number 10, to me. also odd to me they didnt involve the friends and family sbs..yellow lobsters are great, also the unreleased pairs! while not actually having a release, they are REAL and SBS. come on complex!

John00 (aka Black Thought)
laugh.gif
I need the chair gif, or if anyone else wants to chime in.... unless this has already been covered before.

My question is in regards to ISO, QS, HS and how is it determined which shops get what, is some of it just random and do some shops just get stuff hit and miss? I realize most of it is obviously by the volume the shop does and the popularity of the shop, its location etc but....

The reason I'm asking, I was at a semi-local skateshop the other day that was new to me. It seemed like a cool shop and the guy working there seemed nice/helpful so I asked him if they typically get QS, ISO, etc.....He said they usually get ISO stuff, as far as QS it's hit and miss and they usually don't know til like the day before whether or not they are getting them, and I doubt they'd ever get a HS. He said they did get the SPOT's recently and thought they were going to get the Concord's but didn't. They got a shipment that they thought were going to be the Concords but when they opened the shipment up there was just a bunch of Janoski's in it. I don't think he was BSing me, although I thought most shops who wanted the Concords were able to just order them. It seems weird that they would get a Premium QS(SPOTS) but not a ISO Pro GR(Concords). He did take my info down and said they try to call people who are interested in QS, ISO, etc. stuff and give them a heads up when they do get them in so I guess we'll see.
laugh.gif
 Repped.

Okay, let's GO!

ISO (Concord situation), QS: Well, I can tell you off top that there were a lot of shops that thought that they were going to get the Concords and didn't end up getting them due to certain factors. As you stated, a lot of what gets allocated to shops is based upon shop volume, location, popularity of the shop ect., but you also have to think about the relationships that have been built with their respective reps due to long standing business with Nike SB and where do they stand financially with Nike SB as well (aka do they pay their bill on time?). There was tons of hype behind the Concords and some BIG shops got huge allotments and ordered MORE on top of it (Premier), I know that that put a strain on a lot of smaller shops allocations. Is that shop you found a fairly new account to Nike SB? If so, that might answer why they're got stiffed on the Concords. They could still be in their first year "trial period". I spoke about this before earlier in the thread. A lot of newer shops to SB don't get to choose what they do or don't get and SB is not about giving ANY new account the same perks as older accounts. It just is what it is.

HS: My rule of thumb with HS is, if a shop hasn't been an account holder with Nike SB since is creation almost or if they don't have a collab with Nike SB, they're more than likely NOT going to get HS. HS are ONLY GOING TO GO TO SHOPS THAT HAVE BEEN IN GOOD LONG STANDING BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS WITH SB, PERIOD.  

I hope that helped. 

Last edited:
Repped John. Appreciate the info.

The shop I was referring to is Skateworks in Santa Rosa CA, but I know they have a few other locations as well that have been around longer. I don't know if that makes a difference or if their account is only based off of the one location as to what they receive. It wouldn't surprise me though if their older, more established shops got the "better" stuff though. Maybe some of the NOR CAL heads might know of this shop or their other locations and the business they do. I went there b/c I was visiting a friend who lives close by the shop and we wanted to check it out. They still had slate blues that I've been looking for in my size for a minute so I grabbed them. Posted them a few pages back.

Last edited:
Repped John. Appreciate the info.

The shop I was referring to is Skateworks in Santa Rosa CA, but I know they have a few other locations as well that have been around longer. I don't know if that makes a difference or if their account is only based off of the one location as to what they receive. It wouldn't surprise me though if their older, more established shops got the "better" stuff though. Maybe some of the NOR CAL heads might know of this shop or their other locations and the business they do. I went there b/c I was visiting a friend who lives close by the shop and we wanted to check it out. They still had slate blues that I've been looking for in my size for a minute so I grabbed them. Posted them a few pages back.
That's how it works. Blends and Cowtown are the same way. They have a older shop that GETS EVERYTHING and the newer shops they open go through the "trial period". 

PS: Do they do phone orders?

Last edited:
John, have a question for you:

I have a skateboard shop that just started getting SB's this year, they only got January/Febuary GR's and nothing else since. Does that mean they are not selling well enough to get any of the recent months GR's?? Just weird, they havent gotten anything new since St. Patty's day dunks.

John, have a question for you:

I have a skateboard shop that just started getting SB's this year, they only got January/Febuary GR's and nothing else since. Does that mean they are not selling well enough to get any of the recent months GR's?? Just weird, they havent gotten anything new since St. Patty's day dunks.
Um, I'm going to assume that EVERYTHING with them is on the up and up with SB. 

So, this happens often. That first year your shop could be skipped over for months at a time. Understand your shop is being worked into a allocation plan that was set way before they probably signed up. Sometimes your rep just might stiff them for months. One of my locals a LONG time ago had to literally call his rep for a week straight to figure out where his shipments were for the last 5 MONTHS! He was pissed! Finally got a hold of the rep and got his shipment for one month and was skipped over again 2 months after that. It is what it is, you gotta be patient through that first year. I'd rather have them give me nothing before they give me crap, think about THAT.

Stopped by the local outlet again and stumbled upon these...
I've been on the fence about these.  I really like them though and think they're underrated.  They remind me of Marty McFly's.  Surprised they haven't picked up the alias McFly Lite or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom