2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

On the topic of signature confirmation, paypal/ebay, and USPS.

The self service kiosk on USPS has no option for additional direct signature confirmation.  They only have certified mail, registered mail, and return receipt if I recall correctly.  All of which they claim is proof of delivery but nothing on the options straight up says signature confirmation.

Now paypal/ebay requires you to put signature confirmation on certain products over a few hundred dollars in order to receive seller protection.

My question is which of the services (certified, registered, return receipt) offered by USPS lines up with paypal's policy for seller protection?  I was told return receipt is the one they ask the receiver to sign for the package, but on USPS website it says the signature is not available to the customer.

Help?

I highly doubt all those who have never shipped using sig conf would automatically lose the dispute due to that. If that was the case we would have all sorts of those bogus claims. Then again what do I know.

You guys think if I scrub the toe caps of Cheech and Chongs with soapy water and a tooth brush that the suede underneath will be ruined?

I highly doubt all those who have never shipped using sig conf would automatically lose the dispute due to that. If that was the case we would have all sorts of those bogus claims. Then again what do I know.
As someone whose company sold over a quarter million dollars worth of product on Amazon last year. You would be absolutely amazed at the amount of fraud that goes on especially over there. The seller forums are full of nightmarish stories of new sellers who get caught in these scams. It's sad and unavoidable. 

Just use signature confirmation. 

If you don't use sig confirmation and you were suppossed to via PayPal then you are essentially screwed

Spend the couple extra bucks

You guys think if I scrub the toe caps of Cheech and Chongs with soapy water and a tooth brush that the suede underneath will be ruined?
It's definitely possible. Being in a closed environment, no way to fully clean what's underneath. In my opinion, I'd say you're better off doing nothing (or removing that canvas :-D)

Also, on the chargeback discussion, I don't think sig confirmation matters either. I've seen plenty of people lose chargebacks when they sent to a verified address, sig confirmation, etc etc etc. The reason for this is because a chargeback originates from the bank (who doesn't care about right or wrong, just keeping their customers happy) and PayPal actually has no power to stop such a transaction. This is why a large majority of chargebacks are decided in the buyer's favor. That's why people like Corgi use wire transfer only because you can't charge that back. No matter how legit you are, you can always suffer the chargeback using PayPal. Only course of action then is a mail fraud complaint and that ONLY applies if you used USPS if I understand correctly. 

Wore these today

I'm in on those "IVs" lows. I going to acetone the fruck out of that sole and add some suede dye. Watch out now *beatnuts beat*

As someone whose company sold over a quarter million dollars worth of product on Amazon last year. You would be absolutely amazed at the amount of fraud that goes on especially over there. The seller forums are full of nightmarish stories of new sellers who get caught in these scams. It's sad and unavoidable. 

Just use signature confirmation. 

That's pretty sad. I've been slowly trimming down to must have's so I've gotten rid of more than a fair share of kicks. @ the end of the day I'll always be rocking fresh kicks cause I've been doing it for yrs, but I'd be lying if I said my passion was the same, or still find it baffling that cats use or have to use computer programs to buy kicks, the resell talks of the young kids and the teens focusing more on shoes then school.
It's all about the guns and butter.

Last edited:
You don't need it for something so cheap. Read the policy.

You could even try claiming mail fraud and get the money back from USPS.

I'd talk to ebay
wink.gif
This was my understanding as well. Either way...if I take the L on this it'll be a somewhat costly lesson.

I appreciate all the assistance everyone.  I will give eBay a call.  Thanks so much for the help. This is what community looks like. I know I say that at least once a week, but I'm always thankful this thread exists.

.....This won't hinder me from the Fast Times Saturday either.....

I think you should be good then because he admitted he messed up. You have evidence now to state your case.

There was actually a time if you bought from a seller with less than a certain selling feedback and they ripped you off...

PayPal and eBay would only give you a partial refund like 30% :x

Last edited:
i usually google the buyer's address first.
if the place seems nice then i wouldnt add the signature confirmation , but if the place looks shady then i added lol

There was actually a time if you bought from a seller with less than a certain selling feedback and they ripped you off...

PayPal and eBay would only give you a partial refund like 30%
sick.gif
Yeah I remember back in the day when PayPal would automatically decide in your favor that sometimes you'd only get partial. But there's no perfect system, otherwise no one would be out there scamming.

My nordstrom rack find of the year! Since they weren't my size I even had the restraint to let them sit on the floor two days for a lucky soul to find. Today I picked up for $46!!!!!

Check your racks there's no way to stock locate these and the upc I have shows at tons of stores but might not be this shoe so it's of no use. I really think the company got a fsr snuck in with our outlet/footlocker/fnl/champs buyouts we do 8-9 times a year.

Now the struggle to make these into a 12 or 13 begins....

My nordstrom rack find of the year! Since they weren't my size I even had the restraint to let them sit on the floor two days for a lucky soul to find. Today I picked up for $46!!!!!

Check your racks there's no way to stock locate these and the upc I have shows at tons of stores but might not be this shoe so it's of no use. I really think the company got a fsr snuck in with our outlet/footlocker/fnl/champs buyouts we do 8-9 times a year.

Now the struggle to make these into a 12 or 13 begins....
Gonna check tomorrow!

Just pulled the trigger on the fast times from id. Props on the promo code to whoever originally posted it.

Also scored a pair of miller high life lows for 75 shipped that look really nice

Back
Top Bottom