2024 Track and Field Thread — Olympic Year!!!

thats why i said i really think she should defend the 400 and get the easy gold, 200m is going to be crazy competition

as a Bahamian, I’ll happily take the gold

and glad neither syd nor mu are in the 4

thats why i said i really think she should defend the 400 and get the easy gold, 200m is going to be crazy competition

you sure she’s out of the 4?

I have zero clue who would even be within a full second of her at this point

and our government would give her some decent cash and/or land for another gold

but the 2, getting on the medal stand is going be tough

What part of she wants to win gold in various events you all not understanding …..: she won the 400 she wants to win the 200 ……. And if she likes she would do the hep in 3 years …… it would mean more for her to win the 200 against this field than what y’all calling a cake walk in the 400 😂

That’s all well and good, but go for the double then

cause if Sydney switches plus these other women get cleared might not see another gold

plus she’d be our only double gold medalist

That’s all well and good, but go for the double then

cause if Sydney switches plus these other women get cleared might not see another gold

plus she’d be our only double gold medalist
She can’t do a double in Japan ….. the 200 and the 400 overlaps for the women ….. it doesn’t overlap for the men which is crazy

Ugh I’m torn. 1 side of me says rules are rules and the athletes know it, other side knows how ****ing stupid the rule is to begin with and why it’s there

This is exactly how I feel about it. Any type of punishment for marijuana use is archaic and regressive. That being said, she knew the rules when she became a competitive athlete and she knew that smoking marijuana would put her career in danger.

For several years I was in an environment where I got drug tested. Did I agree with being tested for recreational drugs that had no influence on my ability to work? No but I knew the rules when I signed up so I'm not going to complain about them being unfair afterwards.

It’s actually not archaic, the ban on weed by the IOC has only been around since 1998.

FWIW - My stepdad was an Olympian twice when I was a kid - ‘88 and ‘96. He was definitely no stranger to pot.

She can’t do a double in Japan ….. the 200 and the 400 overlaps for the women ….. it doesn’t overlap for the men which is crazy

would have assumed like swimming you space out certain events because you want to encourage the best to make attempts at multiple events and/or having the best field possible

Watched it this morning …. I got upset at little cause she shoulda been on the team …. The finals should produce a world record

This is exactly how I feel about it. Any type of punishment for marijuana use is archaic and regressive. That being said, she knew the rules when she became a competitive athlete and she knew that smoking marijuana would put her career in danger.

For several years I was in an environment where I got drug tested. Did I agree with being tested for recreational drugs that had no influence on my ability to work? No but I knew the rules when I signed up so I'm not going to complain about them being unfair afterwards.
Yeah, the rules been clear and she knew about them. No one to blame but herself. If someone had a regular job where they were tested for weed and they did it anyway and were punished or fired, people would be calling that employee dumb with little sympathy.

SMU beaten by Jackson!! 21.96!!! 22.15 for SMU

De Grasse squeaks out the 200 over Bed 19.97 to 19.99 with Knighton 20.03

Gardiner in 44.47.
Deadmon 44.58
Norman 44.65
Cherry 44.69

SMU beaten by Jackson!! 21.96!!! 22.15 for SMU

De Grasse squeaks out the 200 over Bed 19.97 to 19.99 with Knighton 20.03

Gardiner in 44.47.
Deadmon 44.58
Norman 44.65
Cherry 44.69

Nice …. Next 4 weeks will be a different animal lol

I see Elaine Thompson. Defeated safp… let’s see if that hold up in a final

Simbine looked good too, 9.84 new african record for 100m. I think he'll be a top contender in tokyo with Bromell and De Grasse

I guess this will be the last price of shacarri news until after the olympics …. But she wasn’t chosen to be on the relay team …

Damn that's gotta be tough :ohwell: :smh:

Even though she'll still only be 24 by the next time the summer games roll around but that's gonna feel like such a missed opportunity for her coming off her career mark.

Sad that we won't get the chance of seeing her and Shellyanne Fraser-Pryce competing for gold when it's probably the latter's final Olympics

I mean ain’t like she was a lock for gold..

but given how strong the JAM women are, zero clue how they could not take her

but I’ve seen weed could be masking agent, so who knows what team USA knows

they weren't going to win with or without her, that team with SAFP, ETH, Shericka Jackson, and either Briana Williams or Morrison for the 4th leg could potentially break the wr

I mean ain’t like she was a lock for gold..

but given how strong the JAM women are, zero clue how they could not take her

but I’ve seen weed could be masking agent, so who knows what team USA knows

they weren't going to win with or without her, that team with SAFP, ETH, Shericka Jackson, and either Briana Williams or Morrison for the 4th leg could potentially break the wr

I know.. but trying see why they would keep her out

IATT IATT btw, is the Iron Lady going to be able to win any golds in tokyo this time for swimming or has others passed her up in the IMs now?

IATT IATT btw, is the Iron Lady going to be able to win any golds in tokyo this time for swimming or has others passed her up in the IMs now?

she hasn’t really been the same since she left her husband who was also her coach

won’t be like last time, but she was far ahead and there isn’t that 1 dominate girl in the IMs

but 100 back, if she swims it, she’s getting smoked

Back
Top Bottom