2024 Track and Field Thread — Olympic Year!!!

looks like they're just going to go with empty crowds rather than 10-15k limit

I hope that everyone can stay safe and get back home safely. Holding the games in Japan seems very irresponsible.

Having it at all seems kinda irresponsible unless they were going set up some sort of uniform protocol that people ain’t prepared to accept for some odd reason

we all accept shh in other aspects of life but the level of stupidity with this just gives me headaches

My stance on shaunae Miller uibo has kind of change ….. I want her to run both ….. the problem is the final of one is the opening round of a next ….. I think she can do it

Btw she just beat talou and safp in the 200 in Monaco

IATT IATT btw, is the Iron Lady going to be able to win any golds in tokyo this time for swimming or has others passed her up in the IMs now?

just saw this (also didn’t know she was entering all these events, zero clue why she’s doing some of em given how strong the fields are and impact it can have on her other events)

u think she should drop 200 back and fly and just focus on the IMs?

just saw this (also didn’t know she was entering all these events, zero clue why she’s doing some of em given how strong the fields are and impact it can have on her other events)

My stance on shaunae Miller uibo has kind of change ….. I want her to run both ….. the problem is the final of one is the opening round of a next ….. I think she can do it

Btw she just beat talou and safp in the 200 in Monaco

she's entered in both.. going be interesting if she actually runs both.. but i cant see her passing up the 4, with this field

The thing is you. Don’t want to run a heat in the 200 right before you have to run the final for the 4 but I hope she can figure it out

Anyone know why T&F starts so late?

in the olympic schedule?

swimming is the 1st week and track the 2nd week, those are the 2 biggest draws.. so they split them up as much as they can.. and then sprinkle in women's gymnastics, which is probably 3rd on list of money makers for the event

but that's how it normally is schedule wise

other national team stuff i know of, swimming is 1st week and then track is second week

then high school season, swimming is a fall sport and track is spring sport

then in college swimming is technically considered a 'winter' sport and track is a spring sport

Anyone know why T&F starts so late?

Yeah like IATT IATT said, T&F, Swimming and Gymnastics are the 3 biggest draws in the Olympics. They also take up the most time with their Championships usually taking 7-12 days, so you have to split them up for viewership. It's always been Swimming week 1, T&F week 2, and Gymnastics overlapping both weeks.

Yeah like IATT IATT said, T&F, Swimming and Gymnastics are the 3 biggest draws in the Olympics. They also take up the most time with their Championships usually taking 7-12 days, so you have to split them up for viewership. It's always been Swimming week 1, T&F week 2, and Gymnastics overlapping both weeks.

i think the basketball, soccer and couple other sports are longer.. so they do that world cup style, where you have your bracket AND then the top finishers move on to the elimination brackets

but really theyre trying maximize the product, cause really it should be a relay at the end of every single night (or morning since they do finals in the morning).. it's kinda absurd that the final swimming day is just the 50 free for both men and women, men's 1500 freestyle and a relay

Back
Top Bottom