2025 NBA Draft Thread

sure I knew that,
but even for a project pick he's looked even worse than I expected.

you'd hope to see a flash of something,
he looks totally out of place.
He stays in front of his defender well. Can easily fit into the mold of guys like Thabo Sefolosha, Andre Roberson, Josh Huestis, PJ3 to a lesser extent, that Presti loves to keep around. I am ok with it, everyone says he cant shoot but if he just shoots open corner 3s at 30 something thats fine enough

Everybody out there looking trash right now since the 3rd, back to back and altitude having an impact plus both teams are deeper into their bench. Altho for okc these are rotation guys

He stays in front of his defender well. Can easily fit into the mold of guys like Thabo Sefolosha, Andre Roberson, Josh Huestis, PJ3 to a lesser extent, that Presti loves to keep around. I am ok with it, everyone says he cant shoot but if he just shoots open corner 3s at 30 something thats fine enough

Everybody out there looking trash right now since the 3rd, back to back and altitude having an impact plus both teams are deeper into their bench. Altho for okc these are rotation guys

He looks about million times less athletic than all those guys.

Those guys were all above average athletes,
Dieng looks pretty distinctly below average.

I'm not saying he's 100% a bust.
All I'm saying is it's a little worrying.

It's only been 2 years lol. They don't really have a choice given the market they play in. They'd be what the Spurs have turned into lately on basically a permanent basis.

Even the Spurs are realizing.
Well, they Midas whale tank one more year because next draft class gonna be game changing

****, it’s gonna be hard to hate on Memphis.

That team gonna be ready very soon though I worry about Ja’s durability.

Still prefer RJ Barrett too.

Just watched the game.

Chet shot poorly. Still ended up with a double double and some assists and blocks on a “bad night”.

Lofton is really fun. Hope he sticks somewhere, but may be tough. Can’t really contribute anything defensively.

Jalen Williams is gonna be good and is a perfect fit there.

Not really seeing much from Ousmane Dieng other than he’s tall.

I dont get why OKC wanted Dieng so badly to give up 3 firsts for him
They have enough 6'10" players.
Presti believes in positionless basketball. That is to say, 5 players who can catch out beyond the 3pt line, pump fake and attack and closeout, drive and kick to another player, who can do the same. And as much as a few of these guys suck, you can see that. They are elite at generating open 3s, getting into the paint for kickouts. Similarly, they were 29th and 30th in the NBA last yr in making the 3s so you'd just be kicking out to guys who miss as they have too many sub even 30% shooters (which is why I would have kept Muscula and even Roby) but you see what he's going for

Back
Top Bottom