Spoiler [+]
one more cavs loss until the epic madness of biblical proportions start 
sick.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
even David Letterman has his own "Lebron James should come to NY" segment...check it out when u get the chance

[h1]Calipari, Leon Rose Sit Courtside At Game 5 In Cleveland[/h1]May 12, 2010 12:36 AM EST

Kentucky coach John Calipari, a friend of LeBron James, sat courtside with James' agent, Leon Rose during Cleveland's Game 5 loss to Boston.

The pair were seated just a few feet from Cavs owner Dan Gilbert.

RealGM Note: Calipari has been rumored to be a candidate for the Chicago Bulls job.

[h1]Differing Views On Whether LeBron Would Earn More In New York[/h1]
May 11, 2010 8:38 PM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
Experts disagree about whether LeBron James would earn greater endorsement money if he played in New York.

David Falk doesn't think James needs a big market.

"Players at that level are going to make money anywhere. We live in a digital age," Falk said.

But one anonymous, "levelheaded NBA agent" estimated that James would net an additional $20 million per year if he called New York home.

Steve Stoute had a role in setting up James' recent marketing deal with McDonald's and, like Falk, believes the superstar can make money from anywhere.

But Stoute acknowledged that "access to money is driven by proximity" and New York's private-equity investors might fund any venture bearing the LeBron label, such as restaurants, nightclubs or a line of fashion.

Vince Gennaro, who worked in marketing for Pepsi and is now a sports-revenue consultant, said the prospect of James as "the centerpiece of the resuscitation of one of the marquee franchises in sport" is dizzying.

According to Gennaro, "the income opportunities would be boundless" if James can win a championship in New York. "It would be staggering." James' sales of Nike products, he said, would "spike enormously" after a title with the Knicks.

Just postin anything Knicks related...
ohwell.gif
grin.gif

"I puta lot of pressure on myself to go out be great and the best player onthe court. When I'm not, I feel bad for myself. Because I'm not goingout there and doing the things I know I can do. But I don't hang myhead low and make excuses because that is not the type of player or thetype of person I am. I spoil a lot of people with my play. When youhave 3 bad games in a 7-year career, it is easy to point that out."

he came real close to flat out saying "my teammates are trash, i have a couple of bad games and nobody picks me up. can't win alone"

[h1]If San Antonio guard Tony Parker becomes available, New York Knicks could be willing trade partner[/h1]
BY Frank Isola
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

alg_spurs_tony_parker.jpg

Franklin/AP
With the emergence of point guard George Hill (below), the San Antonio Spurs may be more willing to part with Tony Parker (above), a player that fits the New York Knicks' needs.

CLEVELAND - The emergence of point guard George Hill this season and in the playoffs for the San Antonio Spurs could not have come at a better time for the Knicks.

With Donnie Walsh in the market for a point guard, there are reports that San Antonio would consider trading Tony Parker, who lost his starting job to Hill and has told close friends he and his actress wife, Eva Longoria, would love to relocate to New York.

"Pop loves George and I could see a scenario where he would trade Tony," said a Spurs source, referring to San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich. "Tony will be looking for a max deal and New York may pay him."

Parker, who turns 28 this week, is under contract through next season and there are several factors that could prevent a trade from  happening. With the Knicks having traded away their first-round picks for the next two years, they don't have many assets to trade unless they are willing to part with Danilo Gallinari or Wilson Chandler, the latter of whom is recovering from offseason ankle surgery for the second time in two years. Of course, if the Knicks are willing to take on Spurs forward Richard Jefferson's salary, they would increase their chances of acquiring Parker.

Another scenario is the Knicks recruiting a third team to complete a deal. The Spurs, who were just swept by the Suns in the second round, want to get more athletic and are said to be interested in restricted free agent forward Rudy Gay.

The fact that Manu Ginobili re-signed with the Spurs suggests that the club still believes its "big three" - Parker, Ginobili and Tim Duncan - can make one more run at a title.

"I think that we would be crazy not to want a player like Tony in our program for a long time," Spurs GM R.C. Buford told the San Antonio Express-News.

Ten days ago, Portland's Nicolas Batum, who like Parker is from France, did not think Parker would leave the Spurs.

"I don't see that happening," Batum told the Daily News. "Not as long as Tim and Manu are there."

Both Walsh and Mike D'Antoni know that the Knicks need to upgrade the point guard position. (The need for such a floor leader diminishes if the club is somehow able to sign either LeBron James or Dwyane Wade since they dominate the ball.)

The Hornets' Chris Paul is another attractive option and could be made available because of his contract, along with the emergence of Darren Collison. New Orleans GM Jeff Bower recently said he has every intention of keeping Paul and believes Paul and Collison can play together at times.

But the Hornets, who could have another owner by next season, are another team with financial problems and may have no other choice but to deal their best player. Again, the Knicks don't have many assets to trade besides salary cap relief. A deal for Paul would probably have to include Gallinari, a young player the Knicks prefer to keep but would trade if it means adding a star like Paul or Parker.

Moreover, if the Knicks acquire either player before the start of free agency on July 1, that would make the team more attractive to  free agents.

The second tier of point guards the Knicks would consider consists of free agents, including Luke Ridnour, Raymond Felton and Steve Blake.

The Spurs seriously want to give Parker away, just because George Hill had a nice series? This is just the media putting a spin on things, right?

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

The Spurs seriously want to give Parker away, just because George Hill had a nice series? This is just the media putting a spin on things, right?
George Hill did work all year long when TP was hurt.

we need to get ray allen

if you have lebron and bosh with gallo and jesus on the wings? it would be disgusting. the wide open looks would happen over and over

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

This...
No way the Spurs trade Tony to NY...

LeBron's Mindset Baffles Teammates, Coaches

The Plain Dealer - 05/12 - 7:00 AM EST (AP Photo)

What seems like a lack of focus and positive body language from LeBron James during the playoffs has his Cavalier teammates and coaches perplexed.

"It has further become problematic that James has been disengaged during the games," writes Brian Windhorst of The Plain Dealer. "Not only has he fallen into the trap of 'letting the game come to him,' but he's been increasingly distant. In huddles he's looking at the ceiling or into the distance. It is not the James anyone on the team knows and his teammates and coaches have seen it. More problematic, they can't explain it and that is making the entire locker room uneasy."

During two skirmishes with the Celtics in Game 5, the normally fiery James stayed off to the side and did not get involved.

Lol smh

Back
Top Bottom