Originally Posted by Al3xis

saying LeBron would get killed by the NY media is just false.

NYC is starved for competitive basketball in MSG. He would be a savior and be given at a minimum 2/3 years without a title before people got on him in any way, shape or form.

i agree 3 years of a free pass. maybe 2. dantoni would get the blame before him here.

but what he did was very weird, if he wasn't injured. it really did look like he wasn't giving it his whole heart. in that case i know he would get killed here. but it wouldn't't be that much worse than this. i can't go on any channel and not hear about his giant egg.

Give it a few bad playoff loses and it'll be bad news on the back page. Even if it's the first year he's here. It may not be as bad as it would be if it happened in year four or five but it'd still be there. Maybe it's just me, after hearing boos for Jeter and bad back pages about him, I think anything is possible for the NY media.

My $.02

who the hell booed Jeter?

i mean ill admit i booed AROD. but i've never booed jeter, mo, or posada.

Originally Posted by DubA169

who the hell booed Jeter?

i mean ill admit i booed AROD. but i've never booed jeter, mo, or posada.
Something like six or eight years ago when George called him a primadonna for partying all night.

Jeter and Mo have definitely been boo'd before.  I think Mo was booed in the 2005 opening series against Boston.  After the rough (understatement) 2004 ALCS, he gave up a game-tying or go-ahead HR to Varitek in the 9th in the Sunday game.  Boos followed.

okay i've been following the national media all day to see the reaction

there is no way in hell he's looking that much worse if this happens in NYC. yeah the local news would be worse, but the national media is destroying him today. i mean really tearing him a new hole. it would be just as much of a fall out.

IF LeBron EVER messes up to the point Starbury did or says anything out of wack, it is going to be a feast for the media.

He's gonna get eaten alive.

Steph was gettin the most praise I've seen any NY basketball player get for the past 10 years when he arrived here.
Then it all went downhill from there. Its VERY easy for the switch to flip when it comes to ANY big city's fans.

I think the media shouldnt be a problem once you are a NATIONAL superstar. Like some others have said, how much worse could it get?

[h1]Tony Parker Has New York Max Money On Radar[/h1]May 12, 2010 10:25 AM EST

Parker_Tony_san.jpg
Tony Parker may be on the trading block this summer.

Parker has told close friends he and his actress wife, Eva Longoria, would love to relocate to New York.

"Pop loves George and I could see a scenario where he would trade Tony," said a Spurs source, referring to San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich. "Tony will be looking for a max deal and New York may pay him."

yo yeeup...wassup with you lately?

reposting stuff that I posted already
laugh.gif
smh.gif
..even the title of this thread is a giveaway

roll.gif

I posted the same article too, only thing in that article that was different was what i had in bold, probably the most important thing in that rumor..

tommy is also not ur typical writer doing it for page hits he keeps it real. I believe him but still alot hinges on tmrw.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

[h1]Tony Parker Has New York Max Money On Radar[/h1]May 12, 2010 10:25 AM EST

Parker_Tony_san.jpg
Tony Parker may be on the trading block this summer.

Parker has told close friends he and his actress wife, Eva Longoria, would love to relocate to New York.

"Pop loves George and I could see a scenario where he would trade Tony," said a Spurs source, referring to San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich. "Tony will be looking for a max deal and New York may pay him."
Wasting the other MAX deal on Tony Parker is the dumbest thing the Knicks could do in regards to signing Bron...signing Joe Johnson to a MAX coming in a close second.

I don't think Donnie is that stupid though.

word i dont even think donnie is two fond of the two max plan as it would leave us no money to fill other holes with. wed have to trade chandler and maybe walker then to build a deep team.

Dont scratch out the idea of max+lee+haywood+ a trade for b diddy using curry and maybe walker or chandler

word i dont even think donnie is two fond of the two max plan
Why the hell would Bron come w/o Bosh (or Amare even though he's a downgrade from CB4)?

That @%$! won't be any different.  The whole reason NYC is so enticing to Bron (other than being obsessed w/the city/culture) is getting to play with a young, certified All Star/Olympian in Chris Bosh.

No Bosh/Amare, and I don't see the Knicks being a serious threat with ORL already in place, MIA most likely adding Amare/Boozer, etc.

I think Bron + Bosh is a package deal to NYC (regardless of what the hell happens tmrw w/the CAVS & the rest of the playoffs).  Even if we somehow win the title, Bron is still bouncing (with Bosh).

dlee and b diddy are better then anyone on the cavs roster in the playoffs. Mike D is a better coach then mike brown. Idk bosh+bron would be my person first choice however.

bdiddy-lbj-gallo-lee haywood
or
td-wil-lbj-gallo-bosh

bosh might not come. if he really doesn't wana play 2nd fiddle like he was reported saying, nothing we can do.

^^ IF we use Curry's contract for Davis.... then we can't go after Melo 
frown.gif

bosh might not come. if he really doesn't wana play 2nd fiddle like he was reported saying, nothing we can do.
If this is true he is stupid.

Shaq-Kobe
MJ-Scottie/Rodman
Gasol-Kobe
Shaq-Wade
Duncan-Ginobili
KG-Pierce

See the trend.. dominant perimeter player and a dominant big = success in the playoffs?
As a NBA player he should know that

& if its true that means he won't head to MIA with Wade, or Lakers trade, with his only option being CHI
I'm sure that article was just speculation

dlee and b diddy are better then anyone on the cavs roster in the playoffs.
David Lee has never even played in a playoff game...
laugh.gif

Baron Davis is on the down end of his career.

Bron wants a squad built for now AND the future.

That "hypothetical" squad isn't going anywhere of importance.

If that was really the squad, I don't see a point in leaving/going to NYC...

Wilson Chandler isn't going to work with Lebron, so if for some reason Lebron does come to the Knicks Chandler will be packaged for either a true PG or SG. I'd like to see him involved in a deal for Hinrich who would do very well, and have a resurgence under D'antoni's system.

davis might be on the decline but gallo and chadler are on the up

there was the article that lbj wants to see how gallo does this year.He did pretty well.

Why wouldn't Will do well with Bron?

Who has Bron played with that did NOT play better?

davis might be on the decline but gallo and chadler are on the up

there was the article that lbj wants to see how gallo does this year.He did pretty well.

[h1]LeBron Keeping An Eye On Gallinari?[/h1]
Mar 25, 2010 4:38 PM EST

Gallinari_Danilo_nyk.jpg
Frank Isola reports that LeBron James may be particularly interested in the development of Danilo Gallinari. In the Cavs' lone visit to New York in November, a confidant of James pointed at Gallinari and said, "LeBron wants to see how this kid does this year."

Tracy McGrady has been impressed with Gallinari's play. McGrady said he enjoyed watching Gallinari go toe to toe with Carmelo Anthony on Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden.

"That was like, '(Forget) everybody else, it's me and you,'" McGrady said. "I haven't seen (Hedo) Turkoglu and Dirk (Nowitzki) do that. They play within the team concept. That was, 'Get me the ball and everybody move out of the way.' I was enjoying it."

McGrady previously believed that Gallinari was primarily a shooter rather than a well-rounded scorer.

"I just thought he was a guy that just shoots the ball," McGrady said. "That's it. He'll stay outside and shoot. But he can play."

Back
Top Bottom