Seriously, the media turned on a dime. When they thought we didn't stand a chance, they talked about it all the time just to %!$@ in our face. The second they thought Cleveland was in trouble. %%+@ the Knicks, Chicago looking extra good right about now.

Starting to get why Vikings fans are so damn salty.
smh.gif

Is it me or ESPN is hell bent on making sure that Lebron ends up any where but New York they even brought an MSNBC business reporter saying he wouldn't benefit from playing in New York Finaincially. They are going to extremes to get him to go to Chicago and if you ask me all they got is Rose, Noah is overrated the rest of that team is siimilar to what he has in cleavland. Why all the hate on NY?

Originally Posted by NY41101

Is it me or ESPN is hell bent on making sure that Lebron ends up any where but New York they even brought an MSNBC business reporter saying he wouldn't benefit from playing in New York Finaincially. They are going to extremes to get him to go to Chicago and if you ask me all they got is Rose, Noah is overrated the rest of that team is siimilar to what he has in cleavland. Why all the hate on NY?

The MSNBC reporter Darren Rovall who came on and said Lebron would not benefit in any way from coming to NY use to work for ESPN before he moved on. Now if the the market he wants to target is China like Mr. Rovall said than Lebron should play in China and thats that. I remember in November of 2008 Espn had CC Sabathia every where other than the NY Yankees and we know how that turned out, lets hope history repeats itself.

posting for those that missed it last night

all i have to say is wow..my jaw dropped when I heard this in the game last night

i haven't heard gallanari's name mentioned once today. but i've heard of all time greats like Noah and Deng being being too elite to pass up the opptitunity t play with

this is disgusting. @%+* you ESPN

i haven't heard walsh's name. i mean theyu really still act liek isiah thomas is running things. do some research

^Well in all fairness, Gallo isn't quite where Noah and Deng are yet, IMO. But your point is well taken. I've also heard people say how good it would be to play with Hinrich. 
laugh.gif

And I swear I couldn't believe Mashburn when he kept saying NJ would be the most ideal situation.

Originally Posted by DubA169

i haven't heard gallanari's name mentioned once today. but i've heard of all time greats like Noah and Deng being being too elite to pass up the opptitunity t play with

this is disgusting. @%+* you ESPN

i haven't heard walsh's name. i mean theyu really still act liek isiah thomas is running things. do some research
I've hard TAJ GIBSON.
laugh.gif

idk what ESPN's issue is. Back when zBo and Jamal were moved they were tryin to hype up DETROIT for LeBron just as much.

I mean, c'mon..Rose yeah..nice...is he better than a 2nd star Bron can bring with him (Bosh)? No, not yet.

Is Joakim Noah THAT much better of a piece to the puzzle than Danilo? I can't buy that.

And John Calipari coaching an NBA team...yeah...

I'm not sayin Chicago isn't a viable option, it is. But the logic for them to be the front runner is faulty.

Okay, I'm tired of all this Chicago talk
laugh.gif
. Just exactly how do we go about putting the best team possible centered around Lebron? If we take a look at the reigning champs, one important thing they have is length. Now, what position is most hard to find exceptional talent at? I would guess the 5. Also, Lebron often has to work hard for his points and was ousted by a team with an all star PG. And further more, reading last nights game, the Cavs had some serious long ball struggles. So, my little analysis reads:

Length
Center
PG
3 point shooting

We have some of that already, but more is absolutely necessary. I also think a dirty player wouldn't hurt much.

If this guy Lebron really does want to win, getting a max contract along with 1 buddy might not cut it. I would be all for adding James, Bosh, and Allen. And then, finding a way to sign & trade or acquire a quality PG.

Bron
Allen
Gallo
Lee
Bosh

Bron at Point-forward? Who comes off the bench after acquiring that quality PG?

I think based on all factors..it would look something like this right now

New york - 30%
Chicago - 25%
Cleveland - 22%
New Jersey- 15%
Miami - 8%

noah and deng are not heads and shoulders above chandler or gallo

Rose is one thing, But hell the #$$! no for those two.

if Bosh comes it goes to knicks 90%    He wants to come here and say i went for championships. that's the only real problem we have. block out the rest of the chatter. we are going to hear crazy stuff about us.

for example did you know that the the digital age prevents lebron from making more money in NYC?

i'll be honest, chicago does worry me abit

but then i was thinking about other things

like head coach

Assuming they did hire John Calipari. Is he really that much better than Mike Brown? I mean dude has failed in the NBA as coach.

At least with Mike D'Antoni, with the right players his system has taken the team much further. And most of you know how I really feel about D'antoni. (Which I really don't feel he's a championship caliber coach but hey, he's way better than Calipari.)

The thing that worries me is the Bulls roster. They're capable of being creative with roster moves that would make it more appealing to Lebron.

Outside of that, I feel that NY can be very appealing when the recruiting process takes place.
C.C Sabithia is friends with him. I remember reading about how he would recruit him to NY if they needed it. Hell, the Yankees could recruit him.
I can imagine that alot of celebrities will be recruiting him. I just have that feeling that it will go down like that lol. That may not be for basketball reasons but it helps lol.

Originally Posted by DubA169

i'm convinced that the media is screaming about chicago all of a sudden is because this is their last chance to throw shots at the knicks. you don't even hear gallanari or chandler mentioned. but chicago has the greatest young core since the dawn of man since the cavs lost. the "analysts" barely even want to admit that the knicks can sign 2 guys. If we didn't have a coach they would kill us. but CHI doesn't have a coach and it's not even worth taking note.

people coming out of the woodwork to claim Noah is a beast. people claiming that the nets have an elite core. that team that won like 12 game last year. yup them. They would be destroying the knicks if we had the nets record

if we get Bosh, lebron is coming. the mainstream media can say whatever they want. i truly don't believe a word of it at the moment. the hate is clear.
12 games or not, the Nets have a brighter future than the Knicks. They already have two bright spots in C and PG, plus really good role players, and the strong possibility at the number one draft pick. Realistically the Knicks only have Gallinari, Douglas and Chandler.

I don't see Calipari leaving UK at all....regardless tho, if he wanted go to the Nba  a team will throw a ridiculous and unwarranted  contract at him or he can stay in college and Kentucky will give him an even bigger contract than the present one  ...dude knows what he is doing

lets end this this bs chicago talk that broussard started. 
And CC has already said that he KNOWS not that he thinks but he knows that if LBJ leaves NY is at the top of the list. He said it on francessa when baseball season started.

I want to address this with the Big Blue Nation one last time, I will be coaching at Kentucky next year. Now let's finish what we started!
about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck
I've said many times that I've got the best job in the country. Still the speculation runs wild and I can't stop that...
about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

I gotta question, with Shaq's huge contract coming off the books, can't Cavs sign another big name player along with signing Lebron to an extension? Or is not possible?

if the nets have bright spots at c and pg we def got a guy with more upside then anybody on the nets roster in gallo. If the Nets get Wall that might make this interesting.

^That doesn't end anything. You Knick fans do realize that Chicago could get Bosh and Lebron as well and STILL have Rose and Noah...how is that not 100x better than what the Knicks could offer him? That team would win the East NEXT year. The whole "MJ's shadow" thing doesn't hold any weight cause he'll be in there wherever he goes.

D'Antoni hasn't exactly proven to be a championship caliber coach in his own right, and I'm pretty sure Bron said he wants to win above all (I don't 100% believe that but thats another discussion) and that style still has never won a title.

Anyway, good luck I hope yall do get him, b/c it'll definitely not be the same if you guys have to settle for Joe Johnson and Carlos Boozer, while at the same time seeing him in red and black to torture you guys for another 10 years.

Originally Posted by bonafide101

I gotta question, with Shaq's huge contract coming off the books, can't Cavs sign another big name player along with signing Lebron to an extension? Or is not possible?
I'm pretty sure Shaq has another year left, and if he doesn't then Jamison's contract still keeps them from signing a max player. One of these superstars if they were smart would take the MLE for two years with the Cavs and team with Bron, win a chip, then max out after that contract is over. Players are too selfish to do that, though.

if the nets have bright spots at c and pg we def got a guy with more upside then anybody on the nets roster in gallo. If the Nets get Wall that might make this interesting.
Yeah you put Wall on that team and it's hard to look away from the possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom