Originally Posted by NYelectric

I don't think it's as simple as him having money. Ratner is trying to cheap out on the whole thing. Otherwise wouldn't they still be talking about Gehry?

very true. that original design was awesome

but all of that happened before the russian bought the nets. are the plans official for anything they are doing? i mean they are nowhere near breaking ground so i think things can change

It's been a nightmare from day one. Do you really see it being built, let alone looking right? They *%%!$$ this up beyond all recognition. I was pissed about it before because it would devastate the neighborhood. I'm not even worried anymore. That Russian guy is going to realize he needs to pull out before he sinks all his money into nothing. He'll burn it down for insurance money or some other sheisty Russian mobster #%!%. Or he better get real comfortable in Newark.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
#@# is Will doing that deep in Jamaica that time of night? Of course the dude has to have weed on him, no other reason to be in the damn 200's in Queens
laugh.gif
roll.gif
that part of queens makes the hood in the movie judgment night look like club med
laugh.gif

[h1]LeBron Has Had Say In Cleveland's Trades[/h1]

LeBron James has had a lot of power in Cleveland, according to ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

Sources told Bucher that James vetoed trades he didn't like for the Cavaliers, while pushing other deals through that he thought would help the team.

Any team that signs LeBron will likely have to set a basis for how much power he'll have in the front office.

Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf never gave that type of power to Michael Jordan, so it's doubtful he'd give it to James.

Read more:http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...s_had_say_in_clevelands_trades/#ixzz0oQRi4mD2

Eff that, I don't want this dude if he demands GM power.  Walsh won't give it to him anyway.  

Originally Posted by DubA169

http://www.basketballpros...ticle.php?articleid=1136[table][tr][td]
[font=times new roman, times, serif]Summer 2010 Preview[/font]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
New York Knicks
Code:
Player/Asset         10-11  11-12  12-13  Total-----------------------------------------------Chris Bosh           12.4   10.3    7.7    30.4Danilo Gallinari      5.1    6.8    8.2    20.2Bill Walker           5.5    6.7    7.0    19.2Wilson Chandler       2.8    6.4    4.0    13.2Toney Douglas         4.0    4.8    3.3    12.22011 Cap Space               4.0    4.0     8.02010 Cap Space        1.0    1.0    1.0     3.02011 Rd 1 (HOU/NYK)          0.6    1.2     1.82010 Rd 2 (LAC)       0.0    0.3    0.5     0.72012 Rd 2                           0.0     0.0-----------------------------------------------Total                30.7   41.0   36.9   108.7
I promise this is not our attempt to be part of the "LeBron PleaseCome to New York" storyline that has cropped up recently (besides, ofcourse, evaluating other teams as part of New York Magazine's feature).We came by these numbers honestly, which is not to say I necessarilybelieve in them. The Knicks more than any other team benefited fromreassessing players and putting a premium on shooting, which was NewYork's lone offensive strength in 2009-10. Every returning player onthe roster shot plenty of threes, so our projections for them are muchmore favorable now. Toney Douglas, for example, was rated as anafterthought in March; now he looks like a potential starting pointguard. That's probably going a bit far, though certainly shooting takeson paramount importance when we're talking about playing alongside aplayer like James sure to draw double-team attention.

The most stunning projection of all belongs to Bill Walker. Going onWalker's hot shooting after the trade deadline (including 41.3 percentaccuracy on threes), SCHOENE compares Walker to Reggie Miller and Peja Stojakovic,among others. Needless to say, that is a bit of a stretch. Walker was anice pickup and should be a tremendous bargain thanks to hisnon-guaranteed minimum contract for 2010-11, but I'd temper those WARP projections quite a bit.

We've also given the Knicks the benefit of the doubt by using Boshto estimate their second max-contract spot. The projection dropsconsiderably if we replace Bosh with Amar'e Stoudemire or David Lee(though the latter might be more cost-effective). Even if New York isnot as dominant as it looks by this assessment, though, the numberssuggest that the Knicks are a better option for James than the cynicswould have you believe. Gallinari is a solid, though not spectacular,No. 2 option and there is some other talent on hand.

assets_100519.jpg

I like the graphical comparison of teams' assets because it reallygets at the heart of this concept--considering all the different ways ateam can create wins in the future. The Clippers and the Nets havealready amassed quality talent and have draft picks on the way, butMiami and New York make up for it with their ability to add a secondmax free agent. Which is better? I think you could make an argument forany of the top four teams, as well as Chicago and possibly evenCleveland.

I wish there was a tidier conclusion to offer here, but there arestill important takeaways. The hype around the Bulls may be somewhatpremature, and if James does end up signing in New York, it's notnecessarily just for marketing purposes or the notion of winning overthe fans at Madison Square Garden. There's a basketball argument to bemade for the Knicks as well.

Kevin Pelton is an author of Basketball Prospectus.You can contact Kevin by clicking here or click here to see Kevin's other articles.
Between this and buying MSG shares, you're making it hard for heads to stay reasonable for this summer. 
ohwell.gif

MrONegative wrote:

Between this and buying MSG shares, you're making it hard for heads to stay reasonable for this summer. 
ohwell.gif

well I am now officially the proud owner of half of one season ticket
pimp.gif

so i'm honestly trying to convince myself at this point. i'm lucky though, if lebron doesn't come I only have to pay for a quarter of the season instead of half.
laugh.gif
negotiation FTW
wink.gif

For anyone who cares, Wilson Chandler deleted his Twitter. I checked it as soon as I heard the news of his arrest (around noon) and it's been gone at least since then.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

For anyone who cares, Wilson Chandler deleted his Twitter. I checked it as soon as I heard the news of his arrest (around noon) and it's been gone at least since then.
You know, what bothers me most about this whole ordeal is that he's been at St. John's before (when we played Depaul), and he had an excellent opportunity to network, but he got selfish. He could have definitely gotten himself some pretty decent stuff on Union Turnpike instead of heading down to the hood. Dudes probably would've let him light up their bong, too
smh.gif

this dude
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
that same one i gave you a while back, idk if you still have it the one with the name of the kind of underwear some people wear, the really short and tight ones that kind of look like speedos with tmacs old number added at the end plus the plural form of our current head coach's first name still works, you just gotta fool around with your cookies and play with it a little bit.

[h1]LeBron’s Next Leap[/h1][h6]By BUZZ BISSINGER[/h6][h6]Published: May 19, 2010[/h6]

Philadelphia

Enlarge This Image
[img]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/i...n/20opedimg/20opedimg-articleInline.jpg[/img]
[h6]Rodrigo Corral [/h6]

[h3]Related[/h3]
WHEN I first met LeBron James in 2008, I was in awe. He was 23 at thetime and I was 53, yet it seemed as if the ages were reversed. He hadbeen a basketball legend for years. As we embarked on a book projecttogether, he had an affable poise that contrasted with my own babblingefforts to build rapport. I ascribed to him a worldly wisdom.

I did not see him as the young man he was. I put him on a precariouspedestal, as if he had already reached perfection athletically andemotionally, when of course he hadn’t. Initially at least, I didexactly what the metropolitan areas of Cleveland and Akron, Ohio, havedone: looked on him as a god, without fault or foible.

Which is why I believe LeBron James has to declare free agency and leave the Cleveland Cavaliers. Not simply for the pursuit of a championship ring, but for his own emotional and professional growth.

Although I have long predicted that he will go to the New York Knicks,the more I mull it, the more I understand how difficult it will be forhim to leave Ohio. For all that his life has been a tremendous heapingof can-you-believe-he-did-that, personally James has been anything butadventuresome. I can’t think of an athlete so firmly attached tohis roots, almost as if he is terrified to leave home.

As I got to know LeBron James and the people from his childhood whohelped form him, what struck me was how his life had been spent withinvery narrow borders. He not only has lived in Akron since birth, but hehas also played either there or in nearby Cleveland all his life— Amateur Athletic Union ball as a pre-teenager, high-schoolball, pro ball (he never went to college). Given the difficulties ofhis youth — poor, no father and a mother who was 16 when he wasborn — it may be obvious why security has been paramount.

When I was with him, he liked going to a bagel shop in Akron where heknew he wouldn’t be hassled because everybody there had known himfor years. He liked strolling into the gym of his old high school, St.Vincent-St. Mary, and talking to his former coach and mentor, DruJoyce. It was almost as if he was still a student there. He is guardedabout whom he lets in, and virtually all of his friends andprofessional confidants are childhood and high-school friends.

LeBron James’s relationship to his community is profound: hebuilt a palatial house in the Akron area and just finished his seventhseason with the Cavaliers. But I believe those roots have become goldenshackles. He is too loved, and therefore too coddled and too easilyforgiven.

His play in the fifth game of the N.B.A. playoff seriesthis month against the Boston Celtics, a 120-88 trouncing, was bizarreand inexplicable. In missing 11 of the 14 shots he took, he simplylooked as if he had given up, astounding not only for James but for anyprofessional athlete competing at the level of the playoffs. It wasinexcusable, whatever the circumstance.

In a place like New York, the tabloids would have screamed“LeBomb James!

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

this dude
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
that same one i gave you a while back, idk if you still have it the one with the name of the kind of underwear some people wear, the really short and tight ones that kind of look like speedos with tmacs old number added at the end plus the plural form of our current head coach's first name still works, you just gotta fool around with your cookies and play with it a little bit.
Spoiler [+]
pimp.gif
alrighty then

2eprp82.jpg

So, the Nets really are moving to Brooklyn? That sucks. I never wanted them to move to NY or Brooklyn at all. No matter what we say or think, a lot of people (especially in Brooklyn) will become Nets fans. It wont happen in the first year or so, but give it at least 5 years and a lot of people in this city will be Nets fans. Especially people in Brooklyn.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

So, the Nets really are moving to Brooklyn? That sucks. I never wanted them to move to NY or Brooklyn at all. No matter what we say or think, a lot of people (especially in Brooklyn) will become Nets fans. It wont happen in the first year or so, but give it at least 5 years and a lot of people in this city will be Nets fans. Especially people in Brooklyn.
I aint gonna be a nets fan, screw that

[h2]http://www.knicksfan.net/?p=3765[/h2]
[h2]Telling that Jordan Sees Lebron in Chicago[/h2]
May 19th, 2010 10:28 am

by Jon.

Yesterday Jay Mariotti of AOL Fanhouse wrote a column detailing the reasons he believes Lebron would be wise to stay away from the Chicago Bulls this summer. In it he had the following item about Michael Jordan and Lebron:
In Chicago to play golf at a suburban country club — yes, he still gambles on 10-foot putts — Michael Jordan was asked The Question by one of the organizers. No, it wasn’t whether LeBron James’ mother had an affair with loaded-gun-toting teammate Delonte West, a rumor her attorney strongly denies, but, rather, where her precious Bron Bron will play next. Normally, Jordan doesn’t speculate on the business of others, but this week, he couldn’t resist in opining like everyone else.

“Chicago,

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I aint gonna be a nets fan, screw that
you already know that the Nets owner is going to try to make all knick fans, now nets fans.
laugh.gif

LeBron's Co-Author Urges Him To Sign With Knicks

New York Times - 05/19 - 11:05 PM EST (AP Photo)

Buzz Bissinger, the co-author of "Shooting Stars" with LeBron James, writes that James should leave the Cavaliers and sign with the Knicks.

Bissinger thinks that James needs to play in New York for his personal growth, to open a new chapter in his life outside of Ohio.

"I believe LeBron needs to be in a place that is bigger and more dynamic than even he is, and the only possible place is New York (though as a Philadelphian it pains me to say that)," Bissinger writes.

"The hysteria over his coming would be incredible at first, just as it was when Reggie Jackson and Alex Rodriguez joined the Yankees. If he played well, the hysteria would continue. He would own the town," Bussinger continues. "But if the team struggled, he would hear about it, just as Jackson and Rodriguez heard about it. If he ever turned in a performance like the one he had in Game 5 against the Celtics, he would never be allowed to forget it -- which, in the long run, would only help his game further develop and blossom."

Back
Top Bottom