He's might be the next broke NBA player..

I shook when i read this after the last game vs toronto. I think there was a team meeting with Walsh too.

In perhaps his last act as a Knick, Curry forgot his passport on their season-ending trip to Toronto earlier this week, according to sources. Curry would like to forget his past two seasons.

"It's definitely been tough, everything I've had to deal with," Curry said. "But I think it will make me a stronger person. With all the negativity I had to deal with the past two years, a lot of unforeseen events, I got to imagine this is going to be a great year for me next year."

Like biggie smalls, there's another one

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by Big J 33

[h1]Curry Ordered To Pay $1.2M Debt[/h1]

May 24, 2010 8:34 PM EST

Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
Eddy Curry defaulted on a $570,000 personal loan he took out in Nevada at nearly 85% annual interest, to help support his $17,000-per-month lifestyle.

Curry's debt has ballooned to $1.2 million total.

On Friday, a Manhattan [food] court ordered Curry to pay down the debt with $75,000 monthly payments. The court also allowed the Las Vegas lender to take possession of three of Curry's cars.

Curry's lawyer said the two sides had reached "a mutually satisfactory resolution of the matter" that would make the court action moot.
That's a lot of double cheeseburgers
smh.gif
*fixed*
EddyCurryBigMac.bmp

grin.gif

The sad/pathetic part about the whole Curry ordeal is that he took out a loan close to 600k that he said he'd pay back on a 85% interest rate....85%!!!!
eek.gif

Who is advising this dude? A flat out sucker. The funniest part of the article is what Curry said to the judge:

The 7-foot center also suggested the vagaries of his basketball career should keep him from paying, noting his ending contract. State Supreme Court Justice Jane S. Solomon pronounced those concerns "irrelevant."

smh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

The sad/pathetic part about the whole Curry ordeal is that he took out a loan close to 600k that he said he'd pay back on a 85% interest rate....85%!!!!
eek.gif

Who is advising this dude? A flat out sucker. The funniest part of the article is what Curry said to the judge:

The 7-foot center also suggested the vagaries of his basketball career should keep him from paying, noting his ending contract. State Supreme Court Justice Jane S. Solomon pronounced those concerns "irrelevant."

smh.gif

i dont know why but
roll.gif

[h3]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kn...-robinson-compares-cultures-of-knicks-celtics[/h3]
Nate Robinson compares cultures of Knicks, Celtics

By Chris Sheridan

Spoiler [+]
It has been 97 days since the Knicks traded Nate Robinson to the Boston Celtics for Bill Walker, Eddie House and J.R. Giddens, which has given Robinson some time to appreciate the difference in cultures of the two franchises.

In New York, he clashed with coaches Larry Brown and Mike D'Antoni and was an expendable spare part by mid-February as the Knicks continued their two-year quest to clear salary cap room to pursue LeBron James and another max free agent. (Side note, Chad Ford has a MUST, MUST-read column today on what the Knicks are thinking).

In Boston, things haven't worked out as Robinson had hoped. He has fallen behind forward Tony Allen on the point guard depth chart, he missed out on a $1 million bonus, and his best work in the playoffs was as a towel-waver until he logged 2 minutes in Game 4 against Orlando on Tuesday night and played fairly under control (at least by his standards).

I reported back on Dec. 21 that Robinson was seeking a trade to the Celtics, and he waived his trade veto and his Larry Bird rights to get to Boston when the deal got done Feb. 18. But over his first 60 days with the Celtics, Robinson learned the hard way that on a team laden with veterans, there is zero tolerance for what was tolerated in New York -- Robinson's proclivity to break away from the offense and freelance.

I caught up with N8 last night in Boston and asked him to compare the two team cultures he has experienced in his five NBA seasons.

"It is (different), but you've got to have that Charles Darwin theory, survival of the fittest, and you have to learn how to adapt," Robinson told ESPN.com. "I've learned to adapt. I'm happy."

The Knicks are expected to let Giddens walk, and they'll see if there is any use for House in a sign-and-trade package between July 1 and July 8 and renounce his rights if there isn't. New York holds a Aug. 1 team option on Walker's $854,389 salary for 2010-11, meaning he will be playing for his job in the Las Vegas Summer League. 'Antoni has said a big factor will be whether Walker sheds some weight.

As for Robinson, his free agent value could still be impacted by what he accomplishes over the remainder of the postseason. When the Celtics made their final trip of the season to Madison Square Garden, Rivers predicted Robinson would "win at least one playoff game for us."

Reminded of that comment Monday at the Celtics practice facility in Waltham, Mass., Rivers did not back off it.

"It may be this series, it may be the next series. I really believe Nate and Marquis (Daniels) at some point are going to help us. It may be one possession, but they're going to help us.''

Robinson ran the second unit at practice in the three-day lull between Games 2 and 3 as Allen rested his sore foot, and Rivers seemed genuinely pleased. That may help explain why Robinson got the early call Monday night when Rajon Rondo got off to a slow start against the Magic. Robinson missed his only shot, an 18-footer, during a 65-second stretch of playing time early in the second quarter, then executed a terrific wraparound entry pass to get Kevin Garnett a layup while playing the final 64 seconds of the first half.

"It (the trade) was fine with us. We have another insurance policy and Nate's been great," Rivers said. "He's been great in the locker room. He's been great on the bench. All the things that you heard that he wasn't, he's been. And that's good.

"But Rondo's playing so well, and Nate has been a player in the past that needs minutes," Rivers said. "Well, it's tough to get minutes from that guy (Rondo) right now, and Nate understands that.''

An objective observer would have to conclude that Robinson's value has decreased since he was traded from the Knicks, but he'll garner interest on the free agent market as a potential value buy. He did, after all, average 17.2 points and went off for a career-high 45 points against Portland during D'Antoni's first season in New York.

"I just hope it (the future) is bright no matter where I'm at, no matter where I am," Robinson said. "I've just got to know that right now I'm in school, I'm a student of the game, and I've got to learn by watching Rondo, Ray, watch Paul, watch Tony, watch every guy that gets in the game, and figure out where I can be better, then where I can be in a position to play heavy minutes and help any team compete. But right now I'm just learning."

I wish nate could get more clocked, but i just feel like doc is just feeding us the #!++ we wana hear.

real question guys, do any of you think the knicks have the assets to get the #2 pick? i honestly wouldnt mind taking on Brand's or Dalembert's contract if it means we're able to get that pick.

Curry plus somebody else, maybe Lee in a sign and trade for Brand and 2 could work. I wouldn't mind taking on Brand either if it meant we coiuld still sign 2 max.

We wouldnt have the cap space. Honestly, i could deal with having only one max FA.

Im sure Philly wouldnt help us by letting us sign two max FAs, then trade us the pick.

You all see how quickly Chris Broussard's report about Phil Jackson being contacted by the Bulls through mutual sources was shot down by Phil Jackson today? This dude said that people who know Phil Jackson thought he would be interested. This dude said he would also consider the Nets! LOL

And people really believe the crap that comes out of this so-called reporter's mouth? I swear I don't know what drugs people are on, but he sure got Chicago fans (in particular) drinking his Kool Aid. Most of, if not all, the garbage he writes about is done to get a name for himself and nothing else

How does this cat still have a job???

Broussard's a straight herb

%@% is a back channel? I've never heard that %$@# used in sports media now all of a sudden that's how teams recruit coaches?

ole aesop %*# ##%+#

I'd want to stay away from brand at all costs but if we brought back dalembert and the 2, spare all parts
laugh.gif

Phil Jackson: "I have no, at all, desire to go back to Chicago and coach the #Bulls." #Lakers #NBAP10
21 minutes ago

-Ken Berger twitter.

back channel means "i made this up to get my name out there as much as possible before lebron bounces and i don't have a job"

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by Big J 33

[h1]Curry Ordered To Pay $1.2M Debt[/h1]

May 24, 2010 8:34 PM EST

Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
Eddy Curry defaulted on a $570,000 personal loan he took out in Nevada at nearly 85% annual interest, to help support his $17,000-per-month lifestyle.

Curry's debt has ballooned to $1.2 million total.

On Friday, a Manhattan [food] court ordered Curry to pay down the debt with $75,000 monthly payments. The court also allowed the Las Vegas lender to take possession of three of Curry's cars.

Curry's lawyer said the two sides had reached "a mutually satisfactory resolution of the matter" that would make the court action moot.
That's a lot of double cheeseburgers
smh.gif
*fixed*
EddyCurryBigMac.bmp

grin.gif

It was...late? I thought I was in 2008? I meant to say you mean he's finally getting minutes on the court this year?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

charles-barkley2.jpg

"Phil Jackson is either staying with the Lakers or in Montana next year. The things these reporters say to get on TV."

AMEN, Charles!

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Curry plus somebody else, maybe Lee in a sign and trade for Brand and 2 could work. I wouldn't mind taking on Brand either if it meant we could still sign 2 max.
We don't gotta sign and trade Lee for Brand. Philly is looking to get rid of that dudes contract.. You give em Curry and they save $39M in three years. I'm sure they'll do it

2010/11 - $15.9M
2011/12 - $17M
2012/13 - $18.1M

I'm sure Curry for Brand + 2 pick would get the deal done... And i would do it.. Even though i wanted Dalembert. But Brand would have to accept a role off the bench.

Lebron-Chandler-Gallo-Bosh-(Center)

Sergio-Douglas-Walker-TMac-Brand-Barron -Turner or Cousins/Favors if they choose to go with a big

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I spoke with a Rockets source in Chicago who said they were going to make a strong run at Bosh via sign-and-trade. However, a few hours later I learned that the Rockets weren't on Bosh's short list. The Rockets do have some pieces to offer ... but it sounds like Bosh doesn't want to go home to Texas. ESPN.com[/font]

That's good for them suckers

[h1]Source Reveals New York's Summer Plan[/h1]
May 25, 2010 2:27 PM EST

DAntoni_Mike_nyk.jpg
ESPN's Chad Ford interviewed a "well-placed source with knowledge of the Knicks' thinking" who revealed key elements of the team's plan for approaching this summer's marquee free-agents.

Not surprisingly, the Knicks' leading pitch to LeBron James is that he would be able to play with another superstar in New York. The Knicks will hold enough cap room to offer two maximum-salary contracts.

The Knicks' first choice is to sign Chris Bosh to play with James, which the club believes would form the most dominant pair from among this free-agent class. The team does not believe that Dwyane Wade and James complement each other best. But the Knicks are also interested in pairing Wade with Bosh if James declines their offer.

"I'm sure LeBron and Wade would figure out a way to play together, but it's not an ideal fit," the source said. "Bosh would be a perfect complement to both of those guys because of his ability to stretch the floor."

Mike D'Antoni will lead the Knicks' recruiting efforts by showing James and Wade how he would maximize their talents. D'Antoni envisions using James or Wade in the role that Magic Johnson played in Los Angeles.

The team will also pitch its facilities and staff. Donnie Walsh has invested in state-of-the-art equipment and a world-class group of trainers.

And the team will sell James, Bosh and Wade on the greatness of the opportunity in New York City.

"Whoever can come in and win a championship in New York will own the city," the source said. "No one can replace Michael Jordan in Chicago, no matter how many titles you win. The Heat are coming off a recent championship and the city is far from the most rabid when it comes to basketball. I think there are more Knicks fans in Miami than Heat fans.

"If someone can come in here and do what no one has been able to do for decades, their legacy is complete. That matters to players and [the Knicks] are going to make sure they know it."

I'd probably stop being a Knick fan if we took on Brand's contract.  Can anyone explain an even remotely rational reason as to why it'd be a good move for us?  Doesn't matter if we get Dalembert and the #2 pick - it's a terrible move.  I don't think Walsh would even consider it thankfully.

Dalembert and the 2 is terrible? you're crazy. i can understand that we might not have no one to pick since having both Turner, Gallo, and Lebron/JJ/Wade might not work out, but no way does that seem terrible to me.

Back
Top Bottom