Originally Posted by MeloVP

I really want to trade wilson chandler
laugh.gif
me too

Originally Posted by ehh

I'd probably stop being a Knick fan if we took on Brand's contract.  Can anyone explain an even remotely rational reason as to why it'd be a good move for us?  Doesn't matter if we get Dalembert and the #2 pick - it's a terrible move.  I don't think Walsh would even consider it thankfully.
Really? That would be the move to put you over and make you not root for the Knicks? Brand's deal sucks, but if you can pair him with 2 max contracts and the number 2 pick we're in pretty good shape. Especially when we could package the number 2 pick for Rubio.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by ehh

I'd probably stop being a Knick fan if we took on Brand's contract.  Can anyone explain an even remotely rational reason as to why it'd be a good move for us?  Doesn't matter if we get Dalembert and the #2 pick - it's a terrible move.  I don't think Walsh would even consider it thankfully.
Really? That would be the move to put you over and make you not root for the Knicks? Brand's deal sucks, but if you can pair him with 2 max contracts and the number 2 pick we're in pretty good shape. Especially when we could package the number 2 pick for Rubio.

Why are we going to tie up cap space with his horrible contract? If we get Bron and Bosh where is Brand going to play anyway?  Plus, in order for the #2 pick to be of any value we'd have to make this trade BEFORE the free agency period which would we'd kill our second max contract slot.  
And what hypothetical trade are you referring to anyway?  There's no way Philly is trading Brand, Dalembert and the #2 pick just for Curry's expiring.   Even if we do it after the draft...Brand, Dalembert and Turner for Curry's expiring? 
roll.gif
  You think Philly's agreeing to that? 

Havn't really posted in here since Marbury was with us (with old sn hunger4more)

btw how old is Brand?

this guy loves the $!+*

[h3]Gallinari: Best supporting factor for LeBron[/h3]
By Tom Haberstroh

In this ESPN Insider piece laying out the Knicks’ free agent sales pitch, Chad Ford says the Knicks’ current supporting cast will be a big part of the courtship:

"The idea is to let LeBron or Wade handle the ball and surroundthem with long, athletic players who can spread the floor, opening upthe lane for penetration and kickouts. In a column last week, JohnHollinger used a statistical breakdown to describe a similar strategy,and the Knicks concur ...

"In particular, the Knicks believe 21-year-old Danilo Gallinari, who was second in the NBA in 3-pointers made (186-for-488, 38.1 percent), and 23-year-old Wilson Chandler, a slashing wing player who shot 52.4 percent on field goals inside the arc, would thrive alongside a star playmaker."

Chandler may be a fantastic finisher at the rim, but the realcarrot here is Gallinari. He will help usher in a new, more efficientbrand of Knicks basketball, a style that made Mike D’Antoni the most sought after coach in the game.

Knicks fans might glance at Gallinari’s .423 field goal percentageand counter with skepticism, but reducing Gallinari down to that onenumber completely ignores why he’s one of the most valuable commoditiesin the game. Guess how many players in the history of the NBA havemaintained a .381 3-point percentage on at least 400 3-pointers over acourse of a season? 83. And guess how many were 21 years old? JustGallinari. He’s as efficient as they come.

Gallinari offers something that LeBron James and Dwyane Wade have never had: a real stretch four. Sure, James had Antawn Jamison this year and Wade has had Michael Beasley butthey can’t shoot it like Gallinari. Despite his sharpshooterreputation, Jamison grades out as an average 3-point shooter at hisvery best and became a liability on both ends of the floor in theplayoffs. Beasley took a big step back in his second-year, shootingjust .275 on 3-pointers while only taking about one 3-pointer per game.But Gallinari, on the other hand, represents the very best in the game.

The scariest part is that Gallinari has been this deadly fromdowntown without an offensive force to consistently draw his defenderaway to double team. But with James, Wade, Chris Bosh and Amar'e Stoudemire all on the table this summer, that’s about to change. And so will everyone’s appreciation for Danilo Gallinari.

Tom Haberstroh is a regular contributor to ESPN Insider and an NBA analyst for Hoopdata.com. You can follow him on Twitter: @tomhaberstroh.

Jennings my $%@ man... the article specifically mentions how Lebron or Wade would be the primary ball handlers anyway, so what good would Jennings be? A promising young PG for sure, but until he's mentioned in the same breath as CP3, Williams, Rose, etc. I'm not losing sleep over him.

That's part of the reason why I don't think Rose and Lebron would be the best fit together. Lebron already handles the ball often enough anyway, why have a PG whose strength involves having the ball in his hand. Not to mention, the moving of Hill allowed us to package Jefferies contract and get even further under the cap. That ship has long sailed..

The trade would be before free agency, and taking Brands contract would stop us from taking 2 max contracts.

If it all it takes is just Curry + chandler + 1 of our 2nd round picks for that Brand and #2 pick, i dont see why not.

Douglas-Turner-Bron-Gallo-Lee
Brand-Douglas-Walker-?

ehh. not the best, but ill live with it.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Jennings my $%@ man... the article specifically mentions how Lebron or Wade would be the primary ball handlers anyway, so what good would Jennings be? A promising young PG for sure, but until he's mentioned in the same breath as CP3, Williams, Rose, etc. I'm not losing sleep over him.

That's part of the reason why I don't think Rose and Lebron would be the best fit together. Lebron already handles the ball often enough anyway, why have a PG whose strength involves having the ball in his hand. Not to mention, the moving of Hill allowed us to package Jefferies contract and get even further under the cap. That ship has long sailed..
Ehh good point

I feel the same way about DRose and Lebron, i think they'd take away from each other in a half court set

With this plan, giving bron the reigns, I think he'll love it and he can def average that triple double these experts been talking about his whole career
laugh.gif

I like Cole Aldrich, but hes around late lottery.

Cousins is too much of a high risk, but i really like Greg Monroe.

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen was kind enough to autograph a baseballfor an Indians fan before last night’s game.

500x_105879629.jpg

500x_105878667.jpg

Originally Posted by DubA169

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen was kind enough to autograph a baseballfor an Indians fan before last night’s game.

500x_105879629.jpg

500x_105878667.jpg
Dudes been listening to Chris Broussard's podcast
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

What's the risk? His supposed attitude problems? The ones from high school?

Dude is a true center and a surefire talent..ready to contribute immediately

i see perkins with a better offensive skill set..him running in our system will improve his conditioning and quickness, which is one of his few flags

i could possibly see him and d'antoni butting heads cuz mike stays on that wrong and strong crap..dude needs to pull his head out of his *%% sometimes
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MeloVP

What's the risk? His supposed attitude problems? The ones from high school?

Dude is a true center and a surefire talent..ready to contribute immediately

i see perkins with a better offensive skill set..him running in our system will improve his conditioning and quickness, which is one of his few flags

i could possibly see him and d'antoni butting heads cuz mike stays on that wrong and strong crap..dude needs to pull his head out of his *%% sometimes
laugh.gif
Im not necessarily scared of his attitude problems, but i am a bit concerned since Mike holds grudges.

i mean, i LOVE his upside, but the thing is with DeMarcus is that he's so unproven, and im tired of hearing "busts" with NY draftees like Hill, Gallo, etc. (not that im saying they really are indeed busts, but you get my point).

and
laugh.gif
at that baseball...

i see us drafting monroe way before we draft cousins. and no thanks on that #2 pick unless we can get wall with it

The trade would be before free agency, and taking Brands contract would stop us from taking 2 max contracts.

If it all it takes is just Curry + chandler + 1 of our 2nd round picks for that Brand and #2 pick, i dont see why not.

Douglas-Turner-Bron-Gallo-Lee
Brand-Douglas-Walker-?

ehh. not the best, but ill live with it.
Lee will not be our starting Center next season, if he's here he'll be the 4. Walsh don't want him playing the 5.. he said that a few times

I honestly don't think we have to give Philly anything great for Brand.. i think they just wanna get rid of that contract

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by ehh

It's still a terrible move. I think it's a step back from what they tried to accomplish.

What are our chances of getting CP3? CP3 Bosh James would be
sick.gif
in a good way.

What are the chances of getting CP3 would be your question.. Becuase if we was to get him.. i wouldnt have any doubts bout Bosh and James coming

Back
Top Bottom