I think y'all are overreacting a little bit to two second round picks.  I wish we took a shot on Lawal and Alabi (forget Varnado, he's not making it in the league) but both of those guys may end up being busts so who knows.  What we did tonight didn't hurt us in the FA sweepstakes (2nd rd picks don't make or break a franchise), but what Chicago and Miami did in the last two days really improved their outlook which blows.

Alabi, Gani Lawal, Ryan Richards, Tiny Gallon anybody? With the right coaching and getting them to work hard, we could have had a great role-playing big off the bench and those do not grow on trees.  Wings in 2nd round do though.  There a dime a dozen.  I am so heated right now. 

I can't wait for San Antonio who always makes great picks show off Ryan Richards in the next couple of years.  And why did we not follow what the Heat were doing? They needed big men and what did they do? Draft big men.  Pittman and Varnado even though both could be busts at least they took the chance rather playing the safe card.  They knew Wade and co are going to need servicable big men off the bench and they took the risk. 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I don't mind Rautins, I can handle that.  But not drafting a 7 footer at the time didn't make sense to me. Even though we traded for Jerome Jordan, why not take Alabi or another big with our 2nd pick? What's the worst that happens, draft a center, maybe he's solid.... we didn't need another forward.

I'm just tired of it. We didn't have an impressive showing with the picks and we didn't make any kind of moves, and I can't defend Walsh and co on this one. I felt let down big time by them.

I'm also tired of constantly getting trashed by the media. Yes, I understand Miami can sign 2 maxes and are sitting with 10-12 million right now, and could conceivably have 3 maxes if they get rid of Beasley, but THEY DONT HAVE ANYONE ELSE!! I don't !#+$%#@ get it. Suddenly Mario Chalmers is something, but Gallinari and Chandler don't even exist? According to ESPN and everyone else, it makes perfect sense if the Heat sign 2 maxes and throw 10 million at role players, but it's IMPOSSIBLE for the Knicks to sign two maxes with the few players we have.

It's been painfully obvious for awhile, hell... even at the end of the draft when they went over the cap numbers, they praised the Heat, Bulls, and Nets, but then they disregard the Knicks despite us having the 2nd most amount of money. The Heat and Bulls are praised for their smart moves to get so far under the cap, but the Knicks are desperate and laughable, I mean really?

I've tried to be rational, patient, and level headed, but there's a breaking point for everyone. At some point I have to admit we're cursed and destined to be losers forever. That time really might come in a few weeks, but we'll see. I'm going to try to be positive and keep the faith that something will go our way.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

While most of us understand that a lot of 2nd rounders don't even make it to the team, it's the fact that we absolutely needed a big man who can defend well or at least has some size, and we draft a guard and forward.

And trading for Jerome Jordan doesn't cut it for me, I would have liked to see some real effort from the front office that I've defended for 2 years.

I'll be calmer by the morning, but I just don't get it.  Like I said, still have the faith that something will go our way but this one baffles me.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by DubA169

gallanari, rautins, walker, douglas can all shoot pretty damn good.

eek.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

smh.gif

sit your overreacting %%% down. what's wrong with that comment? what chicago free'd up some cap space and all of a sudden our core can't shoot? Rautins can't shoot?

Rautins would continue his tear against Seton Hall (26 points on 7–10shooting from three point land), South Florida (14, 4–
glasses.gif
and DePaul(17, 5–10). In those four games, Rautins would hit a combined 253-pointers at a 57 percent clip.[sup][15][/sup]Other highlights included Rautins 20 points, and six 3-pointers in theepic six overtime game against Connecticut in the Big East tournament.Rautins made a crucial 3-pointer in the final seconds of the thirdovertime, forcing a fourth. Rautins also made the go ahead 3 pointer inthe sixth overtime, helping Syracuse to the historic win.[sup][16][/sup]

as Rautins tied a school record with nine 3-pointers (Gerry McNamara had nine against BYU in the NCAA tournament in 2004

and was named to the All Big East Second Team and was also named an AP All American Honorable Mention. stop convincing yourselves he's some type of scrub[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Rautins#cite_note-19[/sup]

nothing i said is worth shaking your head at. it's typical knicks fans bugging out. you all need to take a breath. if lebron and bosh want to come, they will come. nothing any other team does by clearing cap space matter if they want to be here. having great shooters (which we do) helps.

Originally Posted by ehh

I think y'all are overreacting a little bit to two second round picks.  I wish we took a shot on Lawal and Alabi (forget Varnado, he's not making it in the league) but both of those guys may end up being busts so who knows.  What we did tonight didn't hurt us in the FA sweepstakes (2nd rd picks don't make or break a franchise), but what Chicago and Miami did in the last two days really improved their outlook which blows.
It exemplifies the lack of awareness and bumbling moves that the Knicks have been known for over the last ten plus years. That's really not the kind of impression you want to put out there at such a critical time like this.

There's a huge disconnect between certain levels of management, coaching & ownership that's painfully evident from the reactions of the many fans who seem to have a better grasp on reality. This Knicks organization is pretty damn out of touch and whether it's Donnie Walsh and his staff, Mike D'Antoni or Dolan himself, the organization has proven to be toxic to most everyone who comes in contact with it.

Come on DubA, it absolutely matters what other teams have.

The advantage the Knicks had for awhile was enough space for 2 maxes. In Chicago there was only enough for 1, and in Miami there was only 1 plus Wade. So we had the upper hand thanks to that. Now Chicago is closer to 2 full maxes and that absolutely hurts the Knicks.

Of course if Lebron and Bosh really want to be here, they will... but the argument for the Knicks loses some steam if they can both go to Chicago as well, same goes for Miami. I agree with you in part, suddenly having a few good players seems like a disadvantage for us, while the Heat are praised for trying to have no one on their roster other than Chalmers.

Yo with D'antoni as coach he wasn't gonna play any draft picks anyway, don't matter if they were big men or not. I think he thinks with his offense he can get away with some fast 6'9"=6'11" pf playing as a center. He probably feel some type of way ever since he failed with Shaq.

So Donnie or maybe both of them just drafted some shooters and wingmen that can fit in with his less defense more offensive game plan.

If the Knicks get any big men it'll be Bosh, Stoudmeire(sp?), or Boozer and they probably won't be getting that much help in that area other thant what we already got.

If anything the Knicks should be looking to free more cap space. I was real mad looking at how close the Heat are to being able to sign 3 max contracts
smh.gif

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

gallanari, rautins, walker, douglas can all shoot pretty damn good.

eek.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

smh.gif

sit your overreacting %%% down. what's wrong with that comment? what chicago free'd up some cap space and all of a sudden our core can't shoot? Rautins can't shoot?

it's typical knicks fans bugging out. you all need to take a breath.
Son, overreacting? All I did was post some emoticons.

Your off the wall rants are one of the main reasons I lurk in this thread and don't post much

Do you see the caliber of players that you just described as our "core"?

Its basically LeBron or bust and even if we do get Bron, the team is still severely flawed top to bottom.

New York is the Mecca of basketball and we are looking like the East Coast Clippers. Its sickening.

Typical Knicks fans buggin out?...We are the most losing NBA team of the last decade! The fans aren't the ones buggin out....

Can we get rid of Curry and just go after Wade, Bron, &Bosh. Lol.. nah seriously though, I'm scared for our future.. we better make a few moved before July.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Come on DubA, it absolutely matters what other teams have.

The advantage the Knicks had for awhile was enough space for 2 maxes. In Chicago there was only enough for 1, and in Miami there was only 1 plus Wade. So we had the upper hand thanks to that. Now Chicago is closer to 2 full maxes and that absolutely hurts the Knicks.

Of course if Lebron and Bosh really want to be here, they will... but the argument for the Knicks loses some steam if they can both go to Chicago as well, same goes for Miami. I agree with you in part, suddenly having a few good players seems like a disadvantage for us, while the Heat are praised for trying to have no one on their roster other than Chalmers.

of course it matters.

but the way bosh speaks about lebron it's as if he will follow him wherever. if lebron wants to come here, we get bosh. then $%*# what everyone else is doing, then they gutted their rosters for 2nd tier maxes (besides wade). it's what lebron and bosh do, not that other teams have the cap.

if lebron and bosh come then they face a team of rose, noah, joe johnson, and boozer/amare. and/or wade and whatever combination. It wouldn't be some crazy super team that Bosh and Lebron couldn't win against if they were on the knicks.

we still have a better coach who these players won a gold medal with. we still have the city.

i'm pretty damn pissed about the 2nd pick, but not the first. at all. i'm puzzled about the second pick though. only makes sense if now we will start throwing chandler in deals and we weren't before.

and the bulls wiz trade needs to be complete. no way in hell are they not gonna send SOMETHING back. why would they do all this for henrich? the bulls pick is a guy from france who most likely won't play next year. how does this help the wiz?

I am really surprised about Knicks' picks. Of course, I was unhappy when they announced their picks on the television. I am a big fan of Rautins, but I don't see him as NBA material. The good thing is that he's not an undersized guard. I can live with it, but I don't see that he can survive in the NBA anyway. I hope he proves me wrong someday. I don't know much about Landry Fields. The first thing I thought of the Fields pick was who the #&*@ is Landry Fields. I decided to google him. I've read an article from the nba.com/knicks website recently. Walsh told the media that Fields is extremely intelligent. It makes sense. I mean, Fields went to an Ivy League school. Haha. Fields seems he's a hard worker like Toney Douglas. Fields is fearless. I mean he's not afraid to drives to the rim. His shooting stance isn't really good. Hopefully he takes one or two lessons from Gallinari and maybe Rautins in Las Vegas. Honestly, I like the Fields pick right now. I really hope one day he'll be a solid role player. Well, I always welcome new Knicks players. I wish Rautins and Fields the best of luck in NY. Hopefully one day they prove us that they are worth to be part of the Knicks organization. I'm really nervous about July 1st. 

i've seen a lot of landry fields since he plays out here in the pac10. WOW, can not believe dude got drafted at all.

andy rautins that high? kind of a reach?

didnt watch the draft, but what was the reaction in the crowd?

our picks. im not too impressed. cant believe we didnt get stanley robinson. i thought he would have fit in well with out offense.

And aiding and abetting the Bulls, of all teams? The same dynastic foe you spent every waking New York minute scheming to topple?

"I'll have to give Ernie a call; has he lost his mind?" joked Dave Checketts, the former Garden and Knicks president who had helped Grunfeld build the contender of the '90s before firing him at the close of the decade.

"Ernie and I hated Chicago more than anyone. We wouldn't do one thing to help them when we were running the Knicks. In fact, we even tried to kill deals we heard the Bulls were working on. We'd call agents and tell them, 'Why would you send your player there? Are you kidding? Don't you know what's going on inside that organization?'"

Checketts laughed, but he wasn't fooling around.

"We tried to convince Michael Jordan to come to New York when we offered him all of our cap space in '96," he said. "We even bid on Scottie Pippen once. A lot of time has passed, but it's still hard to picture Ernie doing a deal that would help the Bulls."

No, these aren't Jordan's six-time champs, and no, Grunfeld isn't worried about pleasing the Knicks' ownership or fan base anymore. Grunfeld has to satisfy a boss, Ted Leonsis, who is scrutinizing his subordinate's every step.

But let's face it: No NBA executive has made a deal this helpful to a would-be contender since Memphis gift-wrapped Pau Gasol and made Kobe Bryant and the Lakers whole.

"The Bulls' situation is really attractive now," Checketts said. "Two max contracts is a huge advantage for them."

It was a huge advantage for the Knicks until Thursday. In the war for LeBron's heart and mind, Chicago could offer Derrick Rose and a roster full of long and active friends.

STERN SHOULD BE ASHAMED AT HIS WHOLE SPORT

HAVING THIS CONSTANTLY HAPPEN OVER AND OVER AGAIN. A DAMN FAVOR OR SOMEOME WITH A PERSONAL VENDETTA

you can't convince me this is in the wizards best interest. !%*# the NBA and how it's run. !$%%+@% circus

If anyone is around Brooklyn or the Bronx tonight, I'll be drinking away this draft. I can't even put into words how pissed I am. And MisterP could eat a %$$%.

The Wizards needed a veteran guard to mentor The Great Wall during his transition into the League from up under Cal... Who better than someone who's done just that for a player in that exact position who turned out to be a top 5 PG and an All Star after just two seasons??? Them trading for Kirk makes sense to me #kanyeshrug...

sidenote: I thought I got livid when things went left concerning my Bulls... I don't have @%!% on y'all
laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
them trading for Kirk makes sense because you have more money now, you think if Kirk wasn't there Rose wouldn't still be a two time All-Star? Come on Cake, I feel like you're rubbing it in now
laugh.gif

Before everyone goes jumping off a bridge, Chicago CANNOT afford two max players even if the Hinrich deal goes through.  Just goes to show that even 99% of the media doesn't have a clue how the NBA salary cap works....
Assuming a 56.1 million dollar cap, and the Bulls sign one max player:

Max Player A: $16,568,908

Luol Deng $11,345,000 

Derrick Rose $5,546,160 

Joakim Noah $3,128,536 

James Johnson $1,713,600 

Taj Gibson $1,117,680 

Roster hold $473,604 

Roster hold $473,604 

Roster hold $473,604 

Roster hold $473,604 

Roster hold $473,604 

Total $41,787,904 

Remaining for final FA: $14,312,096

Maybe it was a little shot
laugh.gif
but y'all have to give me that, especially considering how DubA continiously $*%#@#% on our chances due to y'all having the ability to sign 2 max this summer.

But in all honestly when you look at the situation they're in with Gil, trying to move him and his contract, the type of influence he can have on John, the fact that they both need the ball in there hands... Trading for Kirk isn't as far fetched as some of y'all are making it out to be. I mean look at what he brings to the table: low maintainence guard who can score off the ball, shoot, play defense and spell John at the 1 to allow him to go off at times. Not to mention he's a great locker room guy and considering what they had in place this previous year thats just as important. So it does make sense for both parties involved.

Back
Top Bottom