Originally Posted by ehh

Before everyone goes jumping off a bridge, Chicago CANNOT afford two max players even if the Hinrich deal goes through.  Just goes to show that even 99% of the media doesn't have a clue how the NBA salary cap works....
Assuming a 56.1 million dollar cap, and the Bulls sign one max player:

Max Player A: $16,568,908

Luol Deng $11,345,000 

Derrick Rose $5,546,160 

Joakim Noah $3,128,536 

James Johnson $1,713,600 

Taj Gibson $1,117,680 

Roster hold $473,604 

Roster hold $473,604 

Roster hold $473,604 

Roster hold $473,604 

Roster hold $473,604 

Total $41,787,904 

Remaining for final FA: $14,312,096

Honestly G... We're sooooooo close to it that it doesn't even matter I can see two of the top free's foregoing 1 Million to come play here when you wiegh everything out and if you say any different you're really just grasping at straws of hope G
laugh.gif
smh.gif

It's not the money, it's a status thing.  Bosh was on ESPN Radio yesterday and said he's not taking less than the max.  You know LeBron and Wade aren't taking less than the max.
The only way for Chicago to clear the space is to find a way to give away James Johnson and Taj Gibson.

^ You believe that if you want... Bosh also stated that he wasn't waiting on any other free agent to make his decision and he wasn't going to be just an add on, yet he turned right around a day and a half later and said he's waiting on LeBron... So like I said You Believe That If You Want... Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Maybe it was a little shot
laugh.gif
but y'all have to give me that, especially considering how DubA continiously $*%#@#% on our chances due to y'all having the ability to sign 2 max this summer.

But in all honestly when you look at the situation they're in with Gil, trying to move him and his contract, the type of influence he can have on John, the fact that they both need the ball in there hands... Trading for Kirk isn't as far fetched as some of y'all are making it out to be. I mean look at what he brings to the table: low maintainence guard who can score off the ball, shoot, play defense and spell John at the 1 to allow him to go off at times. Not to mention he's a great locker room guy and considering what they had in place this previous year thats just as important. So it does make sense for both parties involved.

first of all the person i was adamant about was Deng. but i'll admit that i though henrich wouldn't be moved because you know i was thinking logically

don't even start trying to convince yourself that henrich is some incredibly talented veteran with loads of wisdom for wall to soak up.

you were given a gift. same way the lakers were given a gift. the reasons were different but amount to the same thing. A GIFT. we have a disgruntled ex-employee who decided to take a broom and shove it up our %%%

a future 2nd round pick???? all for the french guy you drafted and kirk? are serious? that's a legit backetball move to you? nothing personal involved with a deal like that? 9 million a year for 2 years for a locker room guy? seriously?

Last night I realized we are getting shut out of all the major free agents it isnt Donnie's fault that are team isnt attractive I know he blew it with our pick last year, Donnie couldnt make this team more attractive to free agents without adding money on to the cap its tough the only guy we have thats attractive is Galo and thats on what he can potentially become not what he is now. Lebron has been messing with the heads of every Knick fan even had us cheering more than we did our team we he was in town and that mofo is going to land in Chicago. Heat arent landing Bron they are going to sign Wade, Johnson and Stoudemire, and the Bulls after yesterdays miraculous trade are going to land Bron and Bosh.

Honestly G... We're sooooooo close to it that it doesn't even matter I can see two of the top free's foregoing 1 Million to come play here when you wiegh everything out and if you say any different you're really just grasping at straws of hope G
laugh.gif
smh.gif

players like bron and bosh won't sign for less then the max. he isn't grasping at straws.

but you will just be able to move someone else. it's obvious that if you can move henrich the rest will be easy as hell. but they ain't coming for less money.

i do know that your team just gave up it's last decent shooter though, so maybe they would rather pair lebron and Joe johnson who maybe would take a pay cut.

Originally Posted by NY41101

Last night I realized we are getting shut out of all the major free agents it isnt Donnie's fault that are team isnt attractive I know he blew it with our pick last year, Donnie couldnt make this team more attractive to free agents without adding money on to the cap its tough the only guy we have thats attractive is Galo and thats on what he can potentially become not what he is now. 
If we took Jennings last year we wouldn't have been able to sign two max guys this summer.

this dude walsh man......last year he didnt take jennigs when we needed a PG ang this year he didnt take stephenson....+%+ ....if we dont get lebron i hear the fire walsh chants coming this season

Originally Posted by DubA169

laugh.gif
but y'all have to give me that, especially considering how DubA continiously $*%#@#% on our chances due to y'all having the ability to sign 2 max this summer.

But in all honestly when you look at the situation they're in with Gil, trying to move him and his contract, the type of influence he can have on John, the fact that they both need the ball in there hands... Trading for Kirk isn't as far fetched as some of y'all are making it out to be. I mean look at what he brings to the table: low maintainence guard who can score off the ball, shoot, play defense and spell John at the 1 to allow him to go off at times. Not to mention he's a great locker room guy and considering what they had in place this previous year thats just as important. So it does make sense for both parties involved.

first of all the person i was adamant about was Deng. but i'll admit that i though henrich wouldn't be moved because you know i was thinking logically

don't even start trying to convince yourself that henrich is some incredibly talented veteran with loads of wisdom for wall to soak up.

you were given a gift. same way the lakers were given a gift. the reasons were different but amount to the same thing. A GIFT. we have a disgruntled ex-employee who decided to take a broom and shove it up our %%%

a future 2nd round pick???? all for the french guy you drafted and kirk? are serious? that's a legit backetball move to you? nothing personal involved with a deal like that? 9 million a year for 2 years for a locker room guy? seriously?

First of all you were talking as if noone would be willing to take on those contracts period, it was a dead issue, we would be stuck with only being able to offer Max to one player.  That was you're thesis so to say

Furthermore I never said Kirk was some incredibly talented player with tons of wisdom, what I said is what I said and nothing more.  He can handle the point, he can score off the ball, he can shoot, he can defend, and is a good character guy.  Don't let your emotions cause you to delve into it trying to make something out of nothing G.

As far as us being given a gift, the same thing happened to y'all when y'all were able to move Jefferies contract and get TMac's which came off the books this year... Or am I wrong???  When is the last time anyone has said that Jared Jefferies brought anything worth value to the table???  Yet when it happens for us, y'all all up in arms like theres some grand conspiracy against y'all... Cut It Out!!!

laugh.gif
smh.gif

players like bron and bosh won't sign for less then the max. he isn't grasping at straws.

but you will just be able to move someone else. it's obvious that if you can move henrich the rest will be easy as hell. but they ain't coming for less money.

i do know that your team just gave up it's last decent shooter though, so maybe they would rather pair lebron and Joe johnson who maybe would take a pay cut.

Nah, LeBrosh is the target but as you've already stated we still have the ability to move someone else like soooooooooo hey... I know Mike Miller wants to be back in the playoffs this year, thats his deciding factor so maybe he'd be willing to come play for the low
85e25bd44e74c83954ea95035166cfe4d04856e_r.gif

laugh.gif

Seymore CAKE wrote:

As far as us being given a gift, the same thing happened to y'all when y'all were able to move Jefferies contract and get TMac's which came off the books this year... Or am I wrong???  When is the last time anyone has said that Jared Jefferies brought anything worth value to the table???  Yet when it happens for us, y'all all up in arms like theres some grand conspiracy against y'all... Cut It Out!!!

we got raped in the jefferies trade what are you talking about?

gave up our new guy that just arrived, swapped another pick, AND gave up another pick. got nuthing out of it but a salary dump. you got back a 2nd round pick and gave up a draft pick that may not even play this year.

what gift?

laugh.gif

First of all you were talking as if noone would be willing to take on those contracts period, it was a dead issue, we would be stuck with only being able to offer Max to one player.  That was you're thesis so to say

Furthermore I never said Kirk was some incredibly talented player with tons of wisdom, what I said is what I said and nothing more.  He can handle the point, he can score off the ball, he can shoot, he can defend, and is a good character guy.  Don't let your emotions cause you to delve into it trying to make something out of nothing G.

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Nah, LeBrosh is the target but as you've already stated we still have the ability to move someone else like soooooooooo hey... I know Mike Miller wants to be back in the playoffs this year, thats his deciding factor so maybe he'd be willing to come play for the low
85e25bd44e74c83954ea95035166cfe4d04856e_r.gif

laugh.gif
the bulls did great yesterday ...but i dont see lebron and rose playing good together ...he needs a PG like mo will somebody thatll defer to him....i never seen a ing bring the ball up since he was there and its going to block rose's development having bron with the rock so much we'll see tho

If anything, i felt that Hinrich shouldnt have been traded. Yes hes overpaid, but he gets the job done. He actually played well with Rose on the court.

Just so y'all know I'm not trying to bash the Knicks, while I don't wish you all any success, Y'all do that enough to each other and the franchise so I'm not in that bashing mode either so... Lets continue.

Seymore CAKE wrote:

we got raped in the jefferies trade what are you talking about?

gave up our new guy that just arrived, swapped another pick, AND gave up another pick. got nuthing out of it but a salary dump. you got back a 2nd round pick and gave up a draft pick that may not even play this year.

what gift?

Correction... Y'all gave up a guy who the fans were pissed y'all even took, who never played and who y'all were very willing to give up. Y'all were pissed at that pick and more than happy to give it up. So imo thats Null Invoid.  So essentially y'all just lost a pick because the pick y'all gave up turned out to be extremely late in the lottery of a weak draft in order to clear cap space which was the end goal in for the entire year.  So essentially y'all gave up and extremely unproductive player with one of thee worst contracts in the league, a player who shouldn't have been drafted that high and who wasn't going to see the floor anyway, and a draft pick for exactly what y'all wanted a serious chance to play the LBJ lottery.  Y'all got a gift bro.

@chatta718:  Him playing with PG's who constantly defer to him has gotten him where exactly??? He needs a PG who is going to do what a PG is supposed to do and take the pressure off of him interms of creating offense for everyone including themselves while allow him to play comfortably knowing he has someone more than capable of running the show. Someone who doesn't have an ego and will allow him to run the show at times while being capable of playing off the ball and getting theres.  Pooh more than fits that bill. Less Stress = More Capability. Atleast thats how I see it.

Rose does not need the ball all the time. He has the personality to defer to the king. Bulls/Knicks fans should be worried about Miami. This is getting crazy with them getting lower, plus the bonus of living and playing in Florida. Although it's hot as a mug in the summer.

The NBA is all about gifts, or does nobody remember the Gasol/Gasol Lakers/Grizzlies trade. That was a gift.

Oh yeah, let us not forget the other team in the NBA finals. Isn't Jefferson getting shopped hard now all Minnesota gave was the best player in their history.

Originally Posted by NY41101

Your right my bad but damn at least we would have a point guard!!!
We have Toney Douglas.  Not saying he's as good as Jennings right now, but we do have a point guard.

And please... no one should be upset we didn't take Lance, that wasn't some coincidence he dropped that far.  People should be upset that we failed to pick up a big man with one of our 2 picks and took another forward.

Who knows, Fields could be solid, but considering in our ideal scenario we'd have a logjam at forward and no center to speak of other than the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man, that was a huge disappointment.

@seymore the thing is with a guard like rose he needs room to create....what is rose gonna do with lebron on the court is he gonna wait on the wing and shoot the 3?? no is he gonna spot up and shoot??? no even if he doesnt have the ego rose is simply a slasher who can create off the dribble ...who is gonna hit that 3 like mo and them?? if bron goes to the chi with bosh its only a matter of time till rose bounces....they wont be able to afford him come the next 2 yrs ..personally i think melo is a better fit for them

Damn, dudes are livid in this thread. I couldn't comment last night because I was on a party bus, but now, after the dust has settled, I'm not too disheartened by the picks. Sure, we didn't address a hole in our team, but could you expect anything else from _'Antoni? It's not the picks that may leave us high and dry this FA season, its everyone else's jockeying for position that will do the damage.

With that said, Walsh is in a tight spot not being able to make more moves without sacrificing money. I'll watch patiently how this unfolds. A decade of irrelevance has taught me a thing about patience.

@Chatta718 I'm not sure if you watched a lot of Bulls games but there were plenty occassions, more than I would've liked, in which Kirk was dictating the offense and Pooh was off the ball and he was extremely effective. He moves very well without the ball in his hands often cutting back door or curling off down screens for 15 to 18 footers or to get into the lane. While he's a monster coming at you with the ball in his hands he can apply a damn good amount of pressure on the defense off it as well. Thats also something he's never had, Cleveland lived and died by shooting 3's, they had noone else who attacked besides LeBron.

@Chatta718 I'm not sure if you watched a lot of Bulls games but there were plenty occassions, more than I would've liked, in which Kirk was dictating the offense and Pooh was off the ball and he was extremely effective. He moves very well without the ball in his hands often cutting back door or curling off down screens for 15 to 18 footers or to get into the lane. While he's a monster coming at you with the ball in his hands he can apply a damn good amount of pressure on the defense off it as well. Thats also something he's never had, Cleveland lived and died by shooting 3's, they had noone else who attacked besides LeBron.
that was the game that was suited for him tho...you have to have shooters when the triple teams comes...the attacking is not going to be that effective when they both have the same game ...teams are gonna kill them with the 2-3 ..fast breaks will be crazy but if u cant hit the 3 you wont win in the L...they wont mix well ..nobody on the bulls can shoot

Originally Posted by chatta718

that was the game that was suited for him tho...you have to have shooters when the triple teams comes...the attacking is not going to be that effective when they both have the same game ...teams are gonna kill them with the 2-3 ..fast breaks will be crazy but if u cant hit the 3 you wont win in the L...they wont mix well ..nobody on the bulls can shoot

I'm sorry but Standing at the top of the key 80% of the time going 1 on 5 kicking it out does not suit him... he's not supposed to be doing that, he's supposed to be getting set up with the option to pass off or go.  He played with a bunch of dudes who lacked heart, which is one thing you can't say about the Bulls, they sat around and waited for him to do it all.  That doesn't help or suit him.  But you feel the way you feel and nothing I say is going to change that so meh.  I know I've watched enough Bulls (basically every one for the past 3yrs) to know that meshing him with what we have and the addition of Bosh and we're a title contender year and out from the moment the season starts.

[h1]Knicks Aren't Concerned About Cap Room Created By Bulls, Heat[/h1]Jun 25, 2010 6:57 AM EST

Both the Bulls and Heat used trades to create additional cap room on Thursday night, but the Knicks aren't worried about the advances of their competition in the free agent market.

"The situation in Miami is a little different than us. To analyze it and say, 'Well, now they've got a lot more cap room,' yeah, they do. But if they're wanting to sign some of their own players, then that would lessen it," Knicks president Donnie Walsh said, pointing out that he believes Miami cleared the additional room in order to retain free agent Udonis Haslem.

"As far as Chicago, they've got more cap money than they had. There's no doubt about that."

The Bulls, Heat and Knicks now all have the cap room to sign two max-level free agents.

Walsh added that he expects the process to take time and that players aren't going to immediately make a decision on July 1.

"I'm going to make an assumption that nobody's playing around out there, the players or us. If they're going to meet with you and you're going to meet with them, then you're serious -- and that's how I'm going to treat it. I'm not going to say one guy's more important than the other, but you can probably only do one guy a day," Walsh said.
[h1]Yahoo! Report: LeBron, His Advisors Creating NBA Chaos[/h1]

Jun 25, 2010 7:58 AM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
In a revealing, scathing look at the events leading up to the so-called Summer of LeBron, Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports details the chaos that members of James' inner circle are sowing over the NBA landscape.

Wojnarowski writes that the turmoil surrounding James' impending free agency is "the most fascinating free-for-all this sport's ever witnessed" and "the biggest farce the NBA's ever endorsed and enabled."

As the Bulls and Heat continue dumping salary, each team seems to be dancing to the tune of William Wesley, a close advisor to James. Wesley is telling people that James will leave Cleveland for Chicago and bring Chris Bosh with him.

"He's up out of there," Wesley said about Cleveland.

"We're going to Chicago and Chris Bosh is coming too," said Wesley.

The Bulls believe Wesley's statements and are preparing to bring James and Bosh into the fold.

"Bosh is attaching himself more to LeBron than LeBron is to him," said one official.

Nets' owner Mikhail Prokhorov plans to fly to Akron to meet with James as early as July 1. Prokhorov has not yet signed a new contract with Rod Thorn, whom Wojnarowski praises for his shrewd negotiating skill.

He writes that Thorn "turned insufferable Minnesota GM David Kahn into a basket case over the Nets threatening to draft Wesley Johnson."

As for the Knicks planning a day with James in Manhattan on July 1, an executive whose team is in the hunt said that James will be home that day.

"LeBron's taking appointments with teams in Ohio that day," the official told Wojnarowski.

In the meantime, it appears that the Cavaliers have little more than sentimentality left to keep James from bolting Cleveland.

Cavs' owner Dan Gilbert dismissed Mike Brown and Danny Ferry as he scrambles to keep Cleveland's ship afloat.

"The most unforgettable moment of the offseason," writes Wojnarowski, "had to be the Cavs' new GM, Chris Grant, standing there at his introductory news conference reading a list of scripted compliments about his owner that the organization laid out for him."

Wojnarowski believes Gilbert has contributed to an atmosphere in which James and his crew exert undue influence over NBA affairs.

"For so long, Gilbert enabled everything with LeBron – the bigger-than-life billboards, the full-time jobs and summer league roster spots for his buddies and the endless capitulations that contributed to his obsession with creating a culture of all him, all the time in the NBA."
[h1]LeBron's Friend Wants No Part Of New York; Heat's Priority Is Bosh[/h1]
Jun 25, 2010 9:41 AM EST

A well-informed source told Newsday that Maverick Carter, a long-time friend of LeBron James, does not want James to wind up in New York with the Knicks.

The Knicks are reaching out to William Wesley but he reportedly does not have nearly the influence that Carter has over James.

An NBA source told Newsday that Chris Bosh is the Heat's first choice among free-agent power forwards.

Carlos Boozer is Miami's second choice and Ama're Stoudemire is third.
[h1]Walsh Wanted To Preserve Cap Space[/h1]

Jun 25, 2010 10:51 AM EST

Donnie Walsh indicated that he did not want to take on a first-round pick because that would eat up salary cap room the Knicks plan to spend on free agents.

"I knew we didn’t have a first-round pick so we weren’t going to get any help in the draft, so to speak," Walsh said.

"You want to preserve the room. It’s been about trying to get in free-agent categories and do the best we can in there and get good players."

Walsh was, of course, paying attention to the competition.

"There’s a lot of teams out there creating more cap, so we wanted to make sure our position was unchanged as much as we could," he said.

Walsh believes the Knicks did well for the second round.

"I think we got guys that, for where we picked, were good picks," he said.

A first round pick, wouldnt have killed THAT much.

Hell, you could have bought the 31st pick or something, and gotten Whiteside.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom