This thread needs a 48 hour cool down period. Lock it up for 2 days and let everyone step off the bridge, have a drink, and relax.

man alot of yall are sounding like the yankees thread befor they started winning last year. damn yall dudes be on a thin line sometimes. I still believe in the master plan

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539
okay i was going to be nice

but nobody living in OHIO has any right to talk **%% to anyone. that means you too NIKE.

YOUR HOMETOWN PLAYER IS BOUNCING ON YOU. YOUR ENTIRE STATE IS ABOUT TO BE REDUCED TO IRRELEVANCE. yet you wanna come into a knicks forum and talk? get the %#$* outa here with your garbage. you gonna become a fan of whatever team your boy boy lands on. chicago, clippers, miami, knicks.

i was a fan of the knicks before lebron and i'll be one after if he doesn't decide to come. can't cry over what you never had. you guys somehow happy about the fact lebron will probaly end up teaming up with the same player who took a verbal **%% on clevlend over and over again? whatever works for you

122ozmd.gif

but nobody living in OHIO has any right to talk **%% to anyone. that means you too NIKE.

YOUR HOMETOWN PLAYER IS BOUNCING ON YOU. YOUR ENTIRE STATE IS ABOUT TO BE REDUCED TO IRRELEVANCE. yet you wanna come into a knicks forum and talk? get the %#$* outa here with your garbage. you gonna become a fan of whatever team your boy boy lands on. chicago, clippers, miami, knicks.

i was a fan of the knicks before lebron and i'll be one after if he doesn't decide to come. can't cry over what you never had. you guys somehow happy about the fact lebron will probaly end up teaming up with the same player who took a verbal **%% on clevlend over and over again? whatever works for you

122ozmd.gif

YNS

I think the real test for all these "fans" is what happens when Lebron doesn't come to your team.

I'll still be watching D. Rose poking on random Suns and the rest of the L.

Windhorst the cavs beat writer

On Bulls trade...
- Still need another move to sign two max free agents
- Doesn't think it change the free agent landscape
- Bulls could have S&T Bosh anyway with assets they have
- Already thought it was a real possibility LeBron and Bosh could end up there

On Vegas odds that Chicago is now the front-runner...
- Thinks if LeBron tells Cleveland no, NYK are probably his preferred destination

On LBJ being courted...
- Will try to be as under the radar as possible. However, there will be more sports reporters covering this story than any other story he can remember, so details will inevitably leak
- Guesses it will be at least July 15 before LeBron makes decision
- LeBron will make the final decision. Not Wes, Maverick, Jalen Rose, David Stern, etc.
-Thinks the team that gets LeBron is where he feels most comfortable.Talked about Reebok willing to offer more money than Nike when LeBronwas 18, but LeBron felt more comfortable with Nike. Believes this iswhat gives Cavs final edge

i'm going down with the ship. any knicks fans want to bail out a week before free agency starts then leave now. bunch of !*!@#%% girls in here. you thought teams were gonna lay down and die for us? i'll admit i was much more scared of miami but whatever. now we got two teams to battle. it is what it is. we still have OUR cap and nobody can take that from us

we all knew this would be a terrible process. just wait it out and remember you can offer a the greatest city in the world, a good core of young players. a coach he knows and likes and a legacy beyond what he can do in any other jersey. juts gota hope for the best

laugh.gif
Damn yall are mad. I don't understand it that much. Unfortunately I'm use to it. Even if it looks like we have a good chance. Knicks haven't been lucky since we got Patrick Ewing and we didn't get a chip with that team.

Everybody just sit back, wait and watch for the next 2-3 weeks and try to be optimistic no matter what you hear or read.

If you really about to jump my fellow Knicks fans just aim low. Think to yourself "Maybe we'll get Carlos Boozer"
laugh.gif

smh.gif

ok, all i gotta say is this:

we gotta remain optimistic and calm. Positive thoughts and positive energy. I'm a firm believer in karma and positive thinking.
Negative thoughts= negative energy manifesting around this organization. We gotta have faith in what can be possible.  (Even if we're just a small portion of the knicks fanbase, we gotta remain positive.)

I want positive energy only in this thread. Anything can happen in 5 days.

Spoiler [+]
AND I KNOW THIS SOUNDS SILLY BUT
I'm not really joking. I'm really serious when I say this 
laugh.gif
  we gotta hope for the best possible outcome.

It ain't that serious bro.
laugh.gif

Acting like this is life and death and @+%+.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I'm supposed to feel bad about myself because Bron wants to leave my city to play with better players?  If I were in his shoes, I'd leave too.  Hell, I was the lone CAVS fan on NT who was saying he was gonna bounce before this season even started...

Where did I say I'm "happy" he's going to CHI?
nerd.gif
...never said it.  Just that CHI w/Bosh is >>>>>>>>>> NYC w/Bosh at this point.

The only thing you have going for you at this point is "your city" and The CHI isn't too far off...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

how the hell can the bulls get hinrich's horrible contract moved but we can move curry's expiring ?
laugh.gif
cmon man answer that one yourself

as for this draft, I was really heated last night but we got jerome jordan, and fields is aight so its ok

walsh implemented his plan from day one, and the fact that he hasn't wavered once should be a sign of hope

chi has some more cap space now, sweet, but what about luol deng? he has to go if lebron's coming there, no way he's getting 10+ to come off the bench

I also don't see him going there to play in mj's shadow..he cares about himself and I know he's looking to build a legacy..not rekindle the bulls'

idk wth pat riley's doing, he's making moves off of some dream scenario of all three of them coming to play for him, which I just don't see happening

frankly the roster that receives lebron wont matter, because once you get him you become a chip contender..he got to the finals by himself basically in 06

if we could read, we'd know that mike envisions lebron in a magic johnson role, kinda like og lebron when he was slotted as a guard early in his career

he'd be a monster, swishing and dishing for 82+, and he'd average that double double

worst case scenario, we're left with a $#!% ton of cap space to bring in some dank players with !$!%!% salaries from teams looking to cut costs
pimp.gif

my faith was shaky last night, but in walsh I trust

and if we get lebron, dudes will be hopping fences to sign with us at wal-mart rates, bet that

I'm writing for SLAM, boutta do a knicks piece, anything yall would want me to address specifically?

Want to get the our voice heard cuz any other time they decide to mention the knicks in the media we're getting !#$@ on

NEW YORK -- Turns out the New York Knicks picked up three players, not two, in the second round of Thursday night's NBA draft.

But the third guy, Jerome Jordan,a 7-foot-1 center from Tulsa selected by Milwaukee with the 44thoverall pick, cannot officially be traded by the Bucks until next week,and the deal is contingent upon Corey Maggette passing his physicalMonday in Milwaukee.

Knicks president Donnie Walsh had made a cryptic allusion to a pendingdeal when he met with reporters Thursday night at the team's suburbanheadquarters in Greenburgh, N.Y., and two league sources revealed theidentity of the mystery player to ESPN.com Friday morning.

The Knicks surrendered $1 million in the pending trade for Jordan, a23-year-old senior with a 7-foot-6 wingspan who averaged 15.4 pointsand 9.1 rebounds for Tulsa.

Jordan helps fill the Knicks' need for size -- a need that was not addressed when they selected Syracuse guard Andy Rautins at No. 38 and Stanford small forward Landry Fields at No. 39.

The 44th pick was the property of the Portland Trail Blazers at the beginning of the week, but it was sent along with $2 million to Golden State in exchange for the 34th pick.

The Warriors then shipped the 44th pick to the Bucks along with Maggette in exchange for Charlie Bell and Dan Gadzuric, but that trade will not be official until Maggette passes his physical.

Ifthe deal goes through, the Knicks will have five players (Eddy Curry,Danilo Gallinari, Toney Douglas, Wilson Chandler and Bill Walker) undercontract beyond July 1. The rights to Rautins, Fields and Jordan willnot affect the Knicks' approximately $36 million in salary-cap space.

theres your center. anyone who hasn't jumped off the bridge can be a little happy.

In an effort to ratchet up the humor content in this blog, I inviteyour comments on how Jim Dolan should spend the $500,000 that DonnieWalsh saved him in the draft night trade with Milwaukee for the rightsto 7-foot-1 Tulsa center Jerome Jordan .

Manyteams had been asking for a minimum of $1.5 million for asecond-rounder, and on Monday Portland paid the astronomical sum (byhistorical standards) of $2 million just to exchange the 44th pick forthe 34th.

Walsh paid the Bucks $1 million for that very same44th pick, and word of the deal did not surface until this morning.(Alan Hahn of Newsday had the first news of the trade, and I filled inmany of the blanks in this news story). I am now on pins and needleswondering whether Professor Chad Ford will revise the 'D' that he gave the Knicks in grading how all 30 NBA teams did on draft night (Insider).

I have one other pertinent morning-after observation after spending last night in Greenburgh at the Knicks ' facility.

Walsh had been saying a month ago that he was interested in buying into the late first round of the draft, but it was the Dallas Mavericks who ended up being the only team to purchase a pick, acquiring fromMemphis the rights to the 25th pick, Dominique Jones of South Florida,one of the top scorers in the nation last season.

I asked Walshon Thursday night why he had undergone such a change of heart on buyinginto the first round, and he said he wanted to preserve every bit ofcap space he could. (Buying the 25th pick would have eaten up about$700,000 of cap room).

And since the Knicks should have $2-3million in leftover cap room, even if they sign two max free agents atstarting salaries of $16.5 million, my educated guess is this: Thereare saving some money to make a respectable offer to Earl Barron, whowas the Knicks' center for the final seven games of the regular season(he had two double-doubles, including 17 points and 18 rebounds in a win over Boston on April 6).

TheKnicks signed Barron to a 10-day contract April 2, and a contract forthe remainder of the season on April 12. At the time, I asked Walsh whyhe hadn't signed Barron to a make-good contract for the 2010-11 season(similar to what the Bulls had done with Rob Kurz, and the Celtics with Tony Gaffney and Oliver Lafayette).

Walshsaid he would have liked to, but only at the veteran's minimum. Barrondeclined, his advisors believing he might be able to do better on theopen market.

Once the smoke clears in early July and we knowwhat the Knicks have spent their max money on, it'll be interesting tosee whether any of the leftover dough is earmarked for Barron. Let'sface it, the Knicks haven't had any size since Patrick Ewing left,unless you want to count Nazr Mohammed and/or Slavko Vranes.

Barron and Jordan would give them two legit 7-footers.

you live in the moment type dudes may owe donnie a bit of an apology.

im mad jon barry said we have nothing

this double agent, in our house nonetheless, spewing this anti-knicks filth

#+#@$ *+$ @%+##

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I don't owe that old bastard nothing. Jerome Jordan is a #$$$@$% bum.
that's just disrespectful dude. don't forget who even put us in the position to get 2 max guys to begin with. bill simmons said something along the lines of donnie walsh should be put to sleep today. this is just overracting to another level. uncalled for. don't forget that isiah thomas screwed the franchise not donnie.

it's the second round WHAT the hell do you people want.
laugh.gif

he stuck to his plan. we have 2 max spots open. if we could have moved up we would have. nobody will lift a finger to help us, why force the issue and throw in our players just to make the media happy? we are saving money to offer earl barron or somebody. would two 7 footers in the east really piss you guys off that much?

and MELO you should write an article on the lack of integrity in sports journalism. the internet age has made the human race so damn jumpy and live in the moment. everyone needs to beat eachothers stories to say "i had it first"

Back
Top Bottom