roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Got me weak.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Why is there so much hope in this thread? Don't do this to me.
nerd.gif

For what it's worth, Chad Ford said the Nets meeting was very optimistic. Front runner optimistic is the phrase he used. I'm pretty anxious I can't even laugh at that gif
laugh.gif

We are still pursuing CP3 according to Ford as well.  Blazers had a pretty nice package lined up to get him and they were turned down by New Orleans GM.

this came out of walsh's mouth

what ford said came from a "source". or the owner? any name?

jay z stayed behind to talk alone. i wonder if he was laughing with him like yo, just go to the knicks man. garden would be nuts. i really, really think we just need to go and get bosh to commit. at least one of the big boys

pr0phecy718 wrote:
The Knicks brought with them a lot of boxes of information for LeBron, a video and flat-screen TV for the presentation. The presentation lasted just shy of 2 1/2 hours. The Knicks' meeting went longer than the Nets. The Nets were the first team to meet with LeBron today, but only got 90 minutes.

pimp.gif
do it LeBron, do it!

spike, reggie jackson were on the video. not sure who else was.

spike lee better have offered him a part in inside man 2 or something. how about a space jam remake lols. they will remake anything nowdays i bet you it could happen

Originally Posted by DubA169

spike, reggie jackson were on the video. not sure who else was.

spike lee better have offered him a part in inside man 2 or something. how about a space jam remake lols. they will remake anything nowdays i bet you it could happen
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
That'd be soooo wrong but hilarious.

[h1]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67698/20100701/blazers_knicks_courting_farmar/[/h1]
[h1]Blazers, Knicks Courting Farmar[/h1]Jul 01, 2010 4:26 PM EST

Farmar_Jordan_lal.jpg
The Trail Blazers and Knicks have shown interest in free agent point guard Jordan Farmar, according to a report by Yahoo! Sports.

The Pacers have shown interest in signing Farmar to a one-year deal as well.

[h1]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...chris_paul_nearly_dealt_to_blazers_last_week/[/h1]
[h1]Chris Paul Nearly Dealt To Blazers Last Week[/h1]
Jul 01, 2010 4:42 PM EST

Paul_Chris_noh.jpg
The Trail Blazers were close to acquiring point guard Chris Paul from the Hornets last week, a source told ESPN.com's Chad Ford.

The proposed deal had Portland sending Andre Miller, Joel Przybilla, Nicolas Batum, Jerryd Bayless and the 22nd pick to New Orleans for Paul and Emeka Okafor.

Hornets general manager Jeff Bower pulled the plug on the deal claiming that his owner wasn't ready to deal Paul.

New Orleans made a trade with Oklahoma City last week that got them under the luxury tax threshold, so they no longer have the financial pressure of dealing Paul.

See that package? We will not land CP3.... but that package was just straight cp3 for value...unless we give a little value take back one of their big contracts of course
grin.gif

[h1]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...hoping_to_shop_jefferson_to_knicks_grizzlies/[/h1]
[h1]Wolves Hoping To Shop Jefferson To Knicks, Grizzlies[/h1]Jul 01, 2010 2:29 PM EST

Jefferson_Al_min.jpg
With Darko Milicic in agreement on a four-year extension, the Wolves will increase their efforts to trade Al Jefferson.

Minnesota is hoping to use Jefferson as trade bait in a deal with the Knicks or Grizzlies, according to sources.

If you guys were to make a prediction... How far do you think this team can go? 

5 - Al Jefferson
4 - Bosh
3 - Gallo
2 - Chandler
1 - Bron

[h1]Richard Jefferson Prefers Knicks, Nets[/h1]
Jul 01, 2010 5:20 PM EST

Jefferson_Richard_san.jpg
Richard Jefferson would prefer to return to the New York area to play for the Knicks or Nets, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Jefferson does not have a deal in place to remain with the Spurs.

Jefferson is hoping to secure a multi-year contract with an annual average of $8M to $10M.

lol walsh didn't seem so amused...i think lebron just went in and said: "listen guys im hearing you out but im not coming to ny"

You guys really think any owner is gonna show any signs of blowing their load right now?... We have a 2nd meeting, I doubt this meeting was 3 hours of "listen guys, I'm coming not coming to New York...". Donnie doesn't show much emotion any way.

walsh is just pissed that he's in that chair

and richard jefferson go eat 10,000 wee-wees and die

[h2]What The Knicks Just Told LeBron: Come To New York And Make $1 Billion[/h2]

Steven BertoniBio | Email
Steven Bertoni is a Global Wealth reporter for Forbes. 

0127_lebron_200x200.jpg

TheKnicks just finished pitching LeBron James. Their main selling point:You could make a billion dollars playing in New York. You can't earnanything close to that anywhere else.

To make the case, they commissioned a study from marketing consultant Interbrand (See the powerpoint below--hit "full screen" to view.)that says LeBron could earn close to $1 billion over his lifetime insalary and endorsements if he makes Madison Square Garden his permanenthome--their high-end estimate sees him earning as much as $2 billion.That outshines the estimated $700 million he’d likely earn inCleveland, the $690 million in Chicago, and $600 million in Miami.

It’s a crafty attack that goes right after their rivals' bestcase for nabbing LeBron: that his brand is so internationallyrecognizable, where he plays has little influence on his overallearnings. In fact, the same study claims that any generic free agentcould see his lifetime earnings jump 30% by signing with the Knicks.

To come up with the numbers for the Knicks, Interbrand says it ranthrough 50,000 computer models of a potential LeBron career, using morethan 200 variables like individual performance, fan demographics andchampionships. The report is light on the details of its methodology,but comes to this conclusion: LeBron has a 50% chance of earning atleast $1 billion in New York. In Cleveland and Chicago the odds fall to1%. The study put a 0% chance of LeBron making $1 billion playing forMiami.

Included in Interbrand's math: an NBA title in New York could beworth $240 million to LeBron, about $60 million more than if he broughta ring home to Cleveland, and more than double the value of a Chicagochampionship. Why? NYC is a huge market, the business capital of theworld and home to a large (and wealthy) fan base hungry for a winningteam--the Knicks haven’t held the title since 1973. LeBronalready owns Cleveland, a small city with little clout. MichaelJordan’s six championships still hover over Chicago. Miami has afickle fan base, a recent title and its own superstar in Dwayne Wade.

Over the past year, Forbes estimates that LeBron earned $43 millionin salary and endorsements (including Nike, State Farm Insurance, Coke,McDonalds and Upper Deck) playing for small market Cleveland. Goodmoney, but a billion dollars it is not.

i know, i know. people on NT are smarter than people who work for Forbes. This is a blatant lie. The digital age has destroyed the big city   market

Originally Posted by DubA169

[h2]What The Knicks Just Told LeBron: Come To New York And Make $1 Billion[/h2]

Steven BertoniBio | Email
Steven Bertoni is a Global Wealth reporter for Forbes. 

0127_lebron_200x200.jpg

TheKnicks just finished pitching LeBron James. Their main selling point:You could make a billion dollars playing in New York. You can't earnanything close to that anywhere else.

To make the case, they commissioned a study from marketing consultant Interbrand (See the powerpoint below--hit "full screen" to view.)that says LeBron could earn close to $1 billion over his lifetime insalary and endorsements if he makes Madison Square Garden his permanenthome--their high-end estimate sees him earning as much as $2 billion.That outshines the estimated $700 million he’d likely earn inCleveland, the $690 million in Chicago, and $600 million in Miami.

It’s a crafty attack that goes right after their rivals' bestcase for nabbing LeBron: that his brand is so internationallyrecognizable, where he plays has little influence on his overallearnings. In fact, the same study claims that any generic free agentcould see his lifetime earnings jump 30% by signing with the Knicks.

To come up with the numbers for the Knicks, Interbrand says it ranthrough 50,000 computer models of a potential LeBron career, using morethan 200 variables like individual performance, fan demographics andchampionships. The report is light on the details of its methodology,but comes to this conclusion: LeBron has a 50% chance of earning atleast $1 billion in New York. In Cleveland and Chicago the odds fall to1%. The study put a 0% chance of LeBron making $1 billion playing forMiami.

Included in Interbrand's math: an NBA title in New York could beworth $240 million to LeBron, about $60 million more than if he broughta ring home to Cleveland, and more than double the value of a Chicagochampionship. Why? NYC is a huge market, the business capital of theworld and home to a large (and wealthy) fan base hungry for a winningteam--the Knicks haven’t held the title since 1973. LeBronalready owns Cleveland, a small city with little clout. MichaelJordan’s six championships still hover over Chicago. Miami has afickle fan base, a recent title and its own superstar in Dwayne Wade.

Over the past year, Forbes estimates that LeBron earned $43 millionin salary and endorsements (including Nike, State Farm Insurance, Coke,McDonalds and Upper Deck) playing for small market Cleveland. Goodmoney, but a billion dollars it is not.

i know, i know. people on NT are smarter than people who work for Forbes. This is a blatant lie. The digital age has destroyed the big city   market
Wow. If that's true, it's a great argument.

So Amare is coming to NYC this weekend for a visit? good to hear.

As well as a 2nd meeting with LeBron.

Not much to look into right now, hope it all went well.

If LeBron couldn't do it in Cleveland...what makes you people think he can win here? Sure he'll make us better but the man needs a real team around him and the Knicks plans seem foolish. Jordan Farmar? Really? I had faith in Walsh but he seems to be as dumb as our past GMs. You guys make me feel like a fake Knicks fan with all this delusional hope.

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

Originally Posted by Digger85

donnie didnt seem to enthused AT ALL

word ...thought the same thing, but were due for something good tho right?
ohwell.gif
i hope so man, but im just getting the feeling that after the wining and dining, he stays. donnie being in that chair is not a good look either, that couldntve come at a worse time. but maybe bron will see how committed donnie is though

Back
Top Bottom