Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

If LeBron couldn't do it in Cleveland...what makes you people think he can win here? Sure he'll make us better but the man needs a real team around him and the Knicks plans seem foolish. Jordan Farmar? Really? I had faith in Walsh but he seems to be as dumb as our past GMs. You guys make me feel like a fake Knicks fan with all this delusional hope.
As dumb as Isiah Thomas and Scott Layden? Rethink that, broham.
Originally Posted by MeloVP

I wonder how much they talk about that #@@% on ESPN
Not at all, of course.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by DubA169

[h2]What The Knicks Just Told LeBron: Come To New York And Make $1 Billion[/h2]

Steven BertoniBio | Email
Steven Bertoni is a Global Wealth reporter for Forbes. 

0127_lebron_200x200.jpg

TheKnicks just finished pitching LeBron James. Their main selling point:You could make a billion dollars playing in New York. You can't earnanything close to that anywhere else.

To make the case, they commissioned a study from marketing consultant Interbrand (See the powerpoint below--hit "full screen" to view.)that says LeBron could earn close to $1 billion over his lifetime insalary and endorsements if he makes Madison Square Garden his permanenthome--their high-end estimate sees him earning as much as $2 billion.That outshines the estimated $700 million he’d likely earn inCleveland, the $690 million in Chicago, and $600 million in Miami.

It’s a crafty attack that goes right after their rivals' bestcase for nabbing LeBron: that his brand is so internationallyrecognizable, where he plays has little influence on his overallearnings. In fact, the same study claims that any generic free agentcould see his lifetime earnings jump 30% by signing with the Knicks.

To come up with the numbers for the Knicks, Interbrand says it ranthrough 50,000 computer models of a potential LeBron career, using morethan 200 variables like individual performance, fan demographics andchampionships. The report is light on the details of its methodology,but comes to this conclusion: LeBron has a 50% chance of earning atleast $1 billion in New York. In Cleveland and Chicago the odds fall to1%. The study put a 0% chance of LeBron making $1 billion playing forMiami.

Included in Interbrand's math: an NBA title in New York could beworth $240 million to LeBron, about $60 million more than if he broughta ring home to Cleveland, and more than double the value of a Chicagochampionship. Why? NYC is a huge market, the business capital of theworld and home to a large (and wealthy) fan base hungry for a winningteam--the Knicks haven’t held the title since 1973. LeBronalready owns Cleveland, a small city with little clout. MichaelJordan’s six championships still hover over Chicago. Miami has afickle fan base, a recent title and its own superstar in Dwayne Wade.

Over the past year, Forbes estimates that LeBron earned $43 millionin salary and endorsements (including Nike, State Farm Insurance, Coke,McDonalds and Upper Deck) playing for small market Cleveland. Goodmoney, but a billion dollars it is not.

i know, i know. people on NT are smarter than people who work for Forbes. This is a blatant lie. The digital age has destroyed the big city   market
Wow. If that's true, it's a great argument.

*$@# you Dub. I'm feeling very confident, that if he leaves Cleveland, he's coming here. 
nerd.gif

+%@@ me? what exactly is blanked out lol.

he ain't comming here unless we get some verbal commitments from another max guy. i don't know when teh +%@@ our meeting is with Bosh but we need to hurry it up. but the notion that he can't make more money here is one of the dumbest arguments i've ever heard. I understand saying that our players suck, or gallanari's overrated, or dantoni is a bad coach. but to say he can't expand his wealth here is point blank denial or stupidity

I meant, f u for posting that powerpoint. I finally don't think he's going to Chicago or Miami.

But then I remember how happy I was that Isaiah Thomas was replacing Scott Layden.

+%@@ me? what exactly is blanked out lol.

he ain't comming here unless we get some verbal commitments from another max guy. i don't know when teh +%@@ our meeting is with Bosh but we need to hurry it up. but the notion that he can't make more money here is one of the dumbest arguments i've ever heard. I understand saying that our players suck, or gallanari's overrated, or dantoni is a bad coach. but to say he can't expand his wealth here is point blank denial or stupidity
  • Wrong.
  • Wrong.
  • Right.
    laugh.gif
when ppl try to #%*% on our roster, punch em in the face..with the exclusion of EC, all of our players are good and young
pimp.gif

i'm saying i can understand why a person on the outside would say those things about our team. i can't get why a person on the outside with a brain would actually use the argument "he can't make more money longterm in NYC"

lebron's a huge ##!%%#%!+
laugh.gif

how easy would it be for him to say "good" or "well"

dude's head is blown

Well, dude is staying nonchalant through all of this. He has too. Its a got damn tug of war out here...

..honestly though, if I was Lebron - I wouldve atleast gotten a PE Flightposite shoe outta Houston...maybe that's what was in that big %%* backpack?

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Well, dude is staying nonchalant through all of this. He has too. Its a got damn tug of war out here...

..honestly though, if I was Lebron - I wouldve atleast gotten a PE Flightposite shoe outta Houston...maybe that's what was in that big %%* backpack?
2367631831_bfeb41294c.jpg

pimp.gif

Someone please tell Michael Kay to stick to baseball, this joker said NY could possibly put together a S&T package of a re-signed Al Harrington, Eddie House, some draft picks, etc for Toronto for Bosh, to come along and play with Lebron. This entire circus has made everyone lose their minds.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

he got that poker face on. where did you guys see walsh says he expect second meeting?
frank isola, alan hahn, some undercover cavs reporter
I was about to ask this too. If this turns out to be true it's basically a lock for us. I mean I'm guessing it'd be Saturday somewhere before the Cavs, if it's after that like a secret meeting on July 4th if it does get out LeBron's basically told the league where he's going.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

2367631831_bfeb41294c.jpg

pimp.gif

BY.FAR.THE.COLDEST.FLIGHTPOSITE.EVER.

remember that strip club that offered free lap dances for life?

i passed by it on my way home from work.
389216022.jpg

who do you suppose that could be?  
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

ESPN is super foul man

they got callers from the cavs saying "stay", callers from the bulls saying "come win a chip, we will love you" and callers from the knicks saying "don't come. too much pressure. we suck"

D'Antoni: "I know you (media) guys, nothing personal, I'm glad we're not considered a lead horse."
about 3 hours ago via web

he has it right. i could never be famous. i would go ham on the media. most of them are parasites.

you guys laugh about jordan farmar but he is a helluva lot better than that crap duhon and sergio rodriguez

Back
Top Bottom