Originally Posted by jehims

Originally Posted by d3simet

Finally, we get a big name player. It's about time. 5 years $100 mill is a lot of money. I love Amare's offense. Hopefully he improves his defense.

like we never had a big name player before

but we haven't had a relevant once since marbury and ewing... and marbury was only really good his first year when they actually made the playoffs... so it has been a long time coming... and according to realgm knicks are out of the lebron sweepstakes... i hope its not true but i dont doubt it... i knew the knicks made a mistake when they were trying to sell the city instead of the actual ball club
smh.gif

[h1]Report: Knicks Virtually Eliminated By LeBron[/h1]

Jul 02, 2010 6:13 PM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
The Knicks have been virtually eliminated from contention for LeBronJames, according to a report from Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski.

James' camp categorized New York's presentation as 'lacking preparedness and organization.'

Aspects of the Nets' presentation earlier on Thursday were similar in nature to New York's and were 'sharper' and 'edgier'.

James has reservations about the possibility of his earningpotential being greater in New York than in Cleveland to make up a $30Mdifference in salary.
Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo!

"virtually"

i'm not personally buying this, but who knows. donnie wasn't prepared after 2 years? sure 
eyes.gif

Woj hates NY sports and really hates UConn basketball (Calhoun).
Dudes are trying left and right to crush the Knicks' spirits.  All along they said he have nothing to offer and that we'll strike out.  We got Amare, now they gotta rush to say we're screwed after that.  They were wrong on us striking out to begin with, not counting on them being right on the latter, either.

I haven't ready any of these "articles", watches these "reports" on ESPN, etc.

Just because its in print doesn't mean +$$$, its one douche bag writing whatever they want.

Knicks have to get Amare here and go from there.

oh and writing "virtually" or "my source" or "almost certain" doesn't mean you can say whatever you want. theres a real problem with the lack of accountability in journalism

dantoni said it himself, he told the media he was glad we weren't in the lead. he knows how it works

I've heard Amar'e has reached out to at least one current NBA all-star level player to encourage a possible tandem in New York. 11 minutes ago via TweetDeck

I say, welcome aboard Amare. Sounds like he's eager to put on the orange and blue and be in NYC.
smokin.gif

Bosh/Amare would be intriguing. I'm sure they wouldn't ideally want to play together but if Bron/Wade went together...maybe they look at each other.

My guess is it'd be trying to get Joe Johnson to hold off on the Hawks deal.

smh at Woj..dude tryna incite suicides

"sharper" and "edgier" @*%%!? GET THE *$$! OUTTA HERE

From a basketball standpoint, Knicks are his best look

Drose, Wade, AND LeBron?..that's just %+!%@+% ridiculous

I still cannot fathom how JJ would turn down that offer from ATL.  That is way too much money.
Also, if we max Amare and JJ. 
sick.gif

Amare and JJ would make a nice combo....not championship material but atleast it would be a team that could make the playoffs year in and year out (depending on whoever else decides to commit).

Tony Parker also makes sense for Amare to reach out to.

Hahn had said he 'knew for a fact' they've talked about playing in NY before.

Yea.. i think it might be JJ.. Dantoni is trying to get his players back or something?

Did we make an offer to Bosh?

ya i think its joe johnson... i wouldn't mind a joe johnson and amare tandem... i'm curious to why he hasn't agreed to that big contract in atlanta... i think he knows that he reached his peak with that team and they can't get out of the second round... and obviously if they sign him to that big contract they can't get better and sign anyone else... at least the knicks have options with curry coming off the books next year...on another note i kind of moved on from lebron... i really think its a long shot but i still have hope... i just want the knicks to get another max guy with amare if not lebron and ill be happy... and i hear wade is almost commited to joining the bulls with a possibility that lebron might join too... hopefully its just wade... but that would be funny because miami is out of luck for clearing out there whole roster...

Okay, so Wade came away intrigued.

Bosh was 'like a kid on Christmas'

And LeBron's stunk.

the two meetings that went well were commented on by the actual players, the odd one out, reports have 'leaked'...Something smells.

we drafted Nene a spot before Amar'e and dealt him for McDyss as stated by other already. But you got to remember that he was coming out of HS and was only playing ball for like 3 years. Add that with his 5 HS in 3 years and the Knicks backed off. Not being drafted by NY might have been a blessing for STAT

Well no.. Miami can end up wit

Brad Miller
Scalabrine
Richard Jefferson
Raja Bell
Ridnour

Back
Top Bottom