roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

[h1]Knicks Want To Wait On Meeting With Felton[/h1]

Jul 06, 2010 9:34 PM EST
Felton_Raymond_cha.jpg
Raymond Felton's agent Tony Dutt said Tuesday morning that his client will not visit with the Knicks this week as previously reported.

The team wants to hold off on a meeting with Felton.
[h1]Could LeBron Opt To Sign Two-Year Deal?[/h1]
Jul 06, 2010 9:04 PM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
Frank Isola of the New York Daily News is reporting that there is a possibility LeBron James could sign a two-year deal with the Cavaliers this offseason.

Doing so would allow James to hit the market again in the summer of 2012 while still pledging his loyalty to Cleveland.

"Team executive hears that if LeBron re-signs with Cavs he might ink 2-yr deal and go through this madness again in 2012. Never know," Isola wrote on his Twitter page.
[h1]Agent: Wade, Bosh Decisions Independent Of LeBron's Press Conference[/h1]
Jul 07, 2010 1:26 AM EST

Wade_Dwyane_mia.jpg
Henry Thomas, agent for both Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, told ESPN that his clients' decisions are independent of LeBron James' Thursday press conference.

Wade is widely expected to remain with the Heat.

Bosh is hoping to be part of a sign-and-trade deal with the Raptors.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

[h1]Wolves 'Have A Lot Of Interest' In David Lee
[/h1]Jul 06, 2010 9:39 PM EST

Lee_David_nyk.jpg
Following a productive meeting with David Lee, the Timberwolves are working to make a deal to bring aboard the free agent.

"They've got some ability to make some moves quickly so they'd have the ability to sign David," Lee's agent Mark Bartelstein said. "They have a lot of interest. Yes, I've been talking to David [Kahn] quite a bit.

"We're sorting through a bunch of stuff. Hopefully we'll have a decision in the near future."

One possibility is that the Wolves could engineer a trade of Al Jefferson's $13 million contract to a team with a non-guaranteed contract like that of Erick Dampier.

Such a move would afford Minnesota the salary-cap room it needs to sign Lee outright.

SO @*! give us Rubio

Idk if this is possible but let's say we sign Bron Thursday.

Can we sign and trade Lee to go over our cap to get Al Jefferson+Rubio ?

Rubio-Lebron-Gallo-Amare-Al Jefferson

Tough lineup

No.
The only way the Knicks can go over the cap to sign a player is if they owned that player's Bird rights.

In order to have the full $30-whatever million in salary cap space this offseason, the Knicks need to renounce their free agents - meaning give up the Bird rights in the process.

So if the Knicks spend the remaining salary cap space, they will only be able to hand out minimum contracts.

pimp.gif

i've never been more confident than now that lebron will be rocking that orange and blue

broutard is literally the biggest hack in the history of the media..he goes from creating the bron to chicago movement, writing us off on espn for months, to kissing *$# two days before the deals about to go down

i hate this dude with. a. PASSION.

his undying hate for NY will break his soul when lebron shouts out that knicks..dude'll be in the gym sobbin like a little !%%#*

and
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at that tweet from windhorst.."this isn't the guy i know"

Shutyoass228rn.gif

sounding salty as !*+$

seriously doubt he signs a 2 year deal with the cavs. i think that home bull has sailed. this man wants to be put in a position to win asap. knicks have money to spend next year to team him up with cp3. akron will always be his home but a king needs his castle and that is msg.

Originally Posted by MeloVP

pimp.gif

i've never been more confident than now that lebron will be rocking that orange and blue

broutard is literally the biggest hack in the history of the media..he goes from creating the bron to chicago movement, writing us off on espn for months, to kissing *$# two days before the deals about to go down

i hate this dude with. a. PASSION.

his undying hate for NY will break his soul when lebron shouts out that knicks..dude'll be in the gym sobbin like a little !%%#*

and
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at that tweet from windhorst.."this isn't the guy i know"

Shutyoass228rn.gif

sounding salty as !*+$
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I wish I could be in NY for this announcement, either way it goes. I'm abroad in Spain so I guess its cervezas sobre mi lol

If Lebron doesn't go to the Knicks, will sports bars around the city look like a 1980s NFL draft after the Jets pick is over?

Source: Bosh to join Wade, Heat
Chris Broussard
ESPN the Magazine

Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are teaming up together on the Miami Heat, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Whether LeBron James, the kingpin of this summer's celebrated free agent class, will join them remains to be seen. James will announce his decision Thursday night at 9 ET during a one-hour special on ESPN.

Wade and Bosh are expected to announce their decision on Wednesday, according to the source.

James or not, the Heat could emerge as one of the top teams in the Eastern Conference with Wade and Bosh aboard. Wade, who led the Heat to the NBA title in 2006, is re-signing with the club, while Bosh will leave the Toronto Raptors after seven years with the club.

Both players are expected to get the maximum amount allowable under the league's collective bargaining agreement, though the addition of James could change the players' salaries. Contracts cannot be officially signed until July 8.

It was not immediately clear whether Bosh will sign with Miami outright or join the Heat through a sign-and-trade deal. Bosh could earn $125 million over six years via sign-and-trade, but only $96 million over five without it.

"Either way, he's definitely going to Miami," the source said.

Chris Broussard is an NBA writer for ESPN The Magazine.

Helps the Knicks? Unless there's still life to the Dream Team trio. Or what the opposite of Broussard says is true and Bosh is really on his way to Cleveland right now.

I think this definitely helps the Knicks. LeBron knows he won't be able to carry the Cavs as they're constructed now past the Heat with Wade and Bosh.

I was kind of hoping this would happen. Can you imagine the Knicks/Heat rivalry with LeBron/Amar'e and Wade/Bosh on either side.

I don't want to get too excited, but things seem to be falling into place perfectly for the Knicks. That's if what Broussard is saying is true.

Either way, I can't be mad at Walsh/D'Antoni. Whether we get LeBron or not, they made the best effort possible to make it happen. Considering where we were when Walsh took over, I can only be pleased with where we are now.

By the way, the Bosh/Wade to Miami news just broke on ESPN...

Now we wait.

I agree, I think Bosh to Miami helps the Knicks' chances.

Despite Lebron's presence, his efforts at recruiting, and the Cavs' obvious needs at their positions, players STILL don't want to go to Cleveland. Michael Redd didn't want to be Lebron's wingman four years ago, and Chris Bosh doesn't want to do it either.

Seeing Bosh sign elsewhere will have an impact on him. If he sticks around, the only help he can get is from what the GMs can trade for - pieces that never turn out too great - and they have even fewer trading chips than before. Getting Jamison was the best steal they'll ever come across, and he became more of a liability in the playoffs.

So, yeah they're a 60-win team, but after two years of falling short in the postseason it feels like they're overachievers. Looking at a roster featuring Mo Williams, Andersen Verejao, and Jamison, Lebron might start feeling the same way.

Back
Top Bottom