eek.gif
and it begins

Originally Posted by lokiD40

Fat Joe on Amare:
http://www.mtv.com/news/a...090/20100706/story.jhtml

The Knicks organization called me and said, 'Yo Joe, we're trying to get Amar'e.' By the way, he's my favorite player, no hype! That's who I wanted to come to New York. It's been a long time since New York had a guy to dunk on people, pound his chest, go crazy. That's my type of player. Hard body. So they was like, 'Joe, we want you to call him up, start talking to him. Tell him to come to the city, tell him how beautiful the city is.' 'Mare, I've known him for years — since he came in the league as rookie." 

When I called [Amar'e], he was like, 'Fat Joe.' He already knew it was me," Joe recalled. "I was like, 'We need you, we need you!' I did my greatest Khaled rendition ever created. 'I gotta have you. You're killing me, I'm gonna die. I need oxygen!' He was like, 'Joe calm down. It might happen. Calm down.' It was a great experience." 

And then this little tid-bit:

There's been a lot of pressure on the Knicks  organization to pull something off and they told me last night, 'We're not done, Joe.' I'm like, 'Please man, I got my guy Amar'e, but we need a team around him as well.'

Holy  Fat Joe went hard
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

If he doesn't sign with us I'm grounding my kids until they are 18. I don't think he wants that on his hands

Originally Posted by UrboyzAris

We getting somebody, from the looks of it Melo is pushing hard for the Knicks, I dunno if it's cuz of Lala his wife or that fact that he played at syracuse...
It's most definitely Lala
laugh.gif

I rather have Melo than Lebron, but that's only because Melo is probably my favorite player in the game and I loved him at Cuse.

Ridnour wouldn't be a bad choice at PG. He'd need some help with defense, but I think he'd be great (and possibly better than Felton) in the D'Antoni offense.

Chad Ford:

Sources: LeBron James is seriously considering joining forces with Wade and Bosh in Miami. Link coming ...

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

LeBron's press conference won't be in Akron?

I got no real sources right now other than Joe Budden on twitter.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

which reminds me of that freestyle he had years ago (with that line about don chaney and the knicks)

laugh.gif
Budden got his info from Colin Cowherd cause that's where I heard it from about an hour and half ago.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

laugh.gif
Budden got his info from Colin Cowherd cause that's where I heard it from about an hour and half ago.
Word me 2 good info Joe
happy.gif

IDC what anyone says, i have a strong feeling lebron will be a knick. Why would he want to go to Miami? Wade is their star player. Why would he want to go to chicago? So he can hear salty people about he joined the team so he can fill MJ's shoes? New york is the only place for lebron. He can have whatever he wants here, and possibly become a billionaire here...who wouldnt wanna take that...anyway, any news on the summit im down to go

[h2]LeBron In Contact With Amar'e, Carmelo Tuesday Night[/h2]
Jul 07, 2010 10:57 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
LeBron James was in communication with Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony on Tuesday night.

"LeBron James in contact with Carmelo & Amare last night, according to an ESPNNewYork.com source," Ian O'Connor wrote on his Twitter page. "Carmelo pushing Knicks hard."

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0t0pNsE2j

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

A center to cover up Amare's (and the rest of the team's) deficiencies is more important than a PG right now.
Three words.

Jerome +%#%*@%!%!%$# Jordan.

I'm not a fan of these players possibly making a trio of all-star squads. I mean, we are talking about most of the top 10 players in the league right now possibly joining forces, !%!# would just be unfair
laugh.gif

Ideally, Wade/Bosh vs. James/Stoudemire every year in the ECF for the next 10 years
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Rivalry renewed & the Knicks back to relevance.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]James to Announce Decision Live on ESPN[/h2]
Maverick Carter, CEO of LRMR Marketing, said today that LeBron James will formally announce where he will play next season and beyond on "The Decision," which will air live on Thursday, July 8, at 9 pm ET on ESPN.

Due to the unprecedented attention and interest surrounding LeBron's decision, we have decided to make this announcement on national television. By doing so we have generated funds that will be given to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. LeBron has a longstanding commitment to giving back to the community, and has worked with the Boys and Girls Clubs in cities across the country. For additional information and any other announcements concerning “The Decision,

I don't think he can give up his alpha dog status, and he'd have to do that in Miami, pride alone makes me think he wouldn't go. If he does? Then that sucks for the East, but what more could have been done. Donnie took out the trash, brought in a top 3 PF, and did the best he could... if he doesn't want to come here now, then he never did so what's the point in getting upset.

Before the Wade and Bosh story broke, I was still worried about Chicago maybe working a S&T, or God help us all and NJ somehow getting Bosh in an S&T, then Lebron goes there. But I feel more confident that he sees he needs another superstar. Bosh and Cleveland "not working out" gives him his excuse to leave while saying "they couldn't bring me a #2".

I won't start ordering jerseys or shirts yet, but we have a good chance at this point, that's all we need.

Back
Top Bottom