24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Discover has not graduated yet. I spoke to numerous reps (amazing customer service btw) and they all say the secured card is automatically reviewed once a month after your 6th billing cycle to see if it qualifies to be graduated.

I maxed the card out (200 limit) at least twice a month and payed it off each month

How long did your card take to come in ? I'm patiently waiting now

Hmm if I have a US Bank mortgage could I apply?

From what I read, yes, a mortgage qualifies you.

I have the Kroger card which is thru US bank? :nerd:

Famb c'mon. Go open a checking account :lol:

I'm saying, you said being associated with them is good? Wouldn't I be fine since I technically have an account with them? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Why would I need a checking account when I have a good one with a solid debit card.

Am I late or does everyone's debit card/bank offer price protection and extra 1 year warranty on all purchases aka like electronics and phones?

I thought it was strictly credit cards and not actual banks

How long did your card take to come in ? I'm patiently waiting now

I live in Utah, and their main credit card building is in salt lake, so only a week. Most people it's about 14 business days after being approved.

750 at 22 don't know if that's good.

I would say amazing. Keep payments on time, diversify, and you should be good for life
. Only thing you will need more of is age of accounts, and that just takes time.

Damn my score dropped 40 points cause I put my medical bills onto the CC. Forgot to even think about it.

CNVRGT HTHCR

date removed; Apr 21, 2017

EPMG ILLINOIS RIVERSIDE

$1,005
pimp.gif
got shot in 2010 summer cuz i was playing my yung la too loud on 55th n normal chiraq 
mean.gif
  anways got stitched up n this bill lmao today its gone tho my score says NA now tho
nerd.gif

stop the violence the bullet skip my heart by less than a inch n them _s didnt even kno me lol

Wait so being that plastiq allows you to pay anything with a credit card, could i use it to maximize amex points? The 2.5 fee seems like it will put me in the hole.

Yea I should have paid it off before it hit the statement so it doesn't mess up my utilization.
If it already dropped 40pts and the statement hasn't cut yet, something else caused your score to drop. 

Utilization is only reported once the statement is cut.

how many credits cards should i really have? so far have one secured and one credit card on its way. thinking of getting another one with my credit union. 

how many credits cards should i really have? so far have one secured and one credit card on its way. thinking of getting another one with my credit union. 

that's more of a personal preference, but I recommend having at least 2 (in case something happens with one account you aren't stuck without a card to use until the problem is resolved).

Damn my score dropped 40 points cause I put my medical bills onto the CC. Forgot to even think about it.
Why does it matter what you spend the credit on?  As long as I pay it off, it should boost your credit score right?

If you can gain membership. I CANNOT recommend navy federal cu enough.

604 expedia
600 tu
589 fico

Approved for 4700 cash back rewards card
Approved for 500 checking line of credit

Will not move into strict gardening for the next 2 years or so. Hoping both of my secured cards graduate.

Last edited:
So on that Capital One secured card, you can put $50 on it? How much does that get you on the card? Who has the best secured card?

So on that Capital One secured card, you can put $50 on it? How much does that get you on the card? Who has the best secured card?

How ever much money you put on is how much your credit line is I believe.

For the most part there are no rewards secured cards. Ive been looking

I'm literally stuck at 705 with nothing left to do.

My length of established credit is killing me.

I keep getting denied for new cc's, but I need to have larger credit lines. Makes no sense.

I could take out a loan an pay off my stocks at work. But that just seems like a revolving door.

I'm eventually gonna need a new car but I'm not trying to pay 10% apr or whatevrr it is.

I might have to add thousands of my own cash to a secured card. Which sucks.

How ever much money you put on is how much your credit line is I believe.

For the most part there are no rewards secured cards. Ive been looking

I'm literally stuck at 705 with nothing left to do.

My length of established credit is killing me.

I keep getting denied for new cc's, but I need to have larger credit lines. Makes no sense.

I could take out a loan an pay off my stocks at work. But that just seems like a revolving door.

I'm eventually gonna need a new car but I'm not trying to pay 10% apr or whatevrr it is.

I might have to add thousands of my own cash to a secured card. Which sucks.

Depends on the issuer. Some of them require collateral of 1.5x your credit line.

Taking out a loan and paying it off can sometimes hurt your score because one you pay it off you have less credit than you did.

If you keep applying for cards and getting declined I'm sure the inquiries are affecting your score. Should probably chill on having your credit run.

Depends on the issuer. Some of them require collateral of 1.5x your credit line.

Taking out a loan and paying it off can sometimes hurt your score because one you pay it off you have less credit than you did.

If you keep applying for cards and getting declined I'm sure the inquiries are affecting your score. Should probably chill on having your credit run.

Yeah I stopped...prolly wait 6 months.

Its crazy even when I'm checking a pre approved offer it turns me down. Says ill recieve a notice in the mail.

I want to try and turn my secured card to a regular credit card. 2 years no late payments. 0 owed. I just need them to continue the history and not restart it.

Feelsbadman

Yeah I stopped...prolly wait 6 months.

Its crazy even when I'm checking a pre approved offer it turns me down. Says ill recieve a notice in the mail.

I want to try and turn my secured card to a regular credit card. 2 years no late payments. 0 owed. I just need them to continue the history and not restart it.

Feelsbadman

Inquiries stay on your report for 2 years..

welp, went for a reconsideration for my NFCU credit card cash reward that got denied. got approved woop. 

If you can gain membership. I CANNOT recommend navy federal cu enough.

604 expedia
600 tu
589 fico

Approved for 4700 cash back rewards card
Approved for 500 checking line of credit

Will not move into strict gardening for the next 2 years or so. Hoping both of my secured cards graduate.
Lol I tell everyone Navy is the best for high limits and giving people with no to low credit high limit cards.

Just gotta be careful, cuz it's a calculated business move for them.

Back
Top Bottom