24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Post from August of last year. I hope you've finally surpassed that 5k limit on your Discover even though you claim others would get 5k+ from your referrals [emoji]128075[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]

Y'all talkin about a hard *** card to get

Who wants a discover?? Srsly

:stoneface:

FOH. The Sapphire Reserve has the GOAT sign-up bonus, anyone with a half-decent score should apply anyway.

Idk I'm seeing dudes getting approved for 10-20k limits

My **** ain't that established none of my cards are even 5k yet

You've been peddling your Discover referrals for years now and you're still not over $5k? Have you requested CL increases?

Honestly I don't use any of my cards really

I just use my debit card

Like others said. Smart way would be to use a card with rewards instead of debit card and just pay that off

For some reason I don't like that

And I requested one before and was declined, haven't requested one since

:lol: spamming for the referral bonus but doesn't even use the card and giving out false info saying his referral will get you $5k plus starting limit :lol:. Doesn't even use his credit cards either :rofl:

He was definitely pushing referrals heavy back in 2015. I've only done it once and that was as a joke after dudes were posting "Thank you Zyzz".

This was across 2 pages. Had dudes thinking his link was special or something:

Zyzz, do I need a referral, or does that just help you out for having people sign up? 

shoutout Bert. Bert. just used his link and got approved for $50 with the IT card. $1500 limit. my second card, the other is a chase freedom card with $500 limit that I've had for 7 months now :smokin

thanks zyzz... i got approved for 1k, wasnt expecting much since my only ever line of credit is the BOA cash rewards that i had for 10 months

Ya'll got zyzz eating off referral links.

Let me know if you want to sign up for Chase Freedom you can get $100 if you make purchases within the fist 3 months. 8)

Hey man it ain't links and I'm not asking. People be PMing me

Barely use my discover card but do they still do like 10% cash back on NDC?

Props to Zyzz for looking out for the Discover IT card referral. Got approved for $7K

:pimp:

Anyone else, feel free to PM me

:nerd: :nerd:

Lol boys dug up the old posts to get dude out of here. Never change NT.

Not going anywhere

I knew soon as meth posted dudes would try and go back and possibly report old posts

Won't work children :wink:

I've never posted any referral links and again, what happened a page or two ago was a joke but y'all salty over people getting $$$$

also like I said I haven't gotten a referral in legit like a year hence why I stopped pushing it in general

Before anyone mentions, The sig you see now was a joke off so many of you randomly getting upset days later over it [emoji]128517[/emoji]

Me and meth talked it over I got warned for the bitcoin referral joke I posted in here, y'all can keep searching back and tryna report posts. No one had a problem with it then because obviously y'all woulda reported it and would gotten banned from the thread long long long ago

Upset kids [emoji]128553[/emoji]

You sure do joke about finances a lot.
laugh.gif

How in the world is saying "GUARANTEED APPROVAL THROUGH ME!" a joke?

If someone with a 400 credit scores hits you up for a referral, you'd go "LOL jkjk" and not send him your referral link right?

Hadn't been in here in months and was curious as to what I got quoted on. You guys trippin in here. Even got Meth to come grace the thread 
roll.gif

When I signed up, I never dealt with Discover before the IT card, so I was just asking if I needed the referral link to even apply or if he was just trying to get his referral game up. If you applying for the card anyways might as well make some "free money" for the both of you. 

It only got "heated" / turned into the joke once Zyzz started snagging up every single referral that came through the group. He even joked like it was a "turf war/don't be stealing my clients" type of thing. I thought everyone was in on the joke and it wasn't that big of a deal.

giphy.gif

Jay-Z dropping lines out here promoting this thread too:

"You wanna know what's more important than throwin' away money at a strip club? Credit

Last edited:
:rofl:

This is why CC subreddits/forums randomize their referral links. Dudes be panhandling for that quick buck :nerd:

My credit score is more volatile than the suicidal birds I deal with --

View media item 2483275

mine is similar. only difference on mine on a month to month basis is an extra few hundred being reported by the credit cards that I didn't pay off early. but i have so much credit available that the utilization changes a percentage or two, yet i still have swings of 30+ points per month.

Yeah, my credit score raised from 669 to 679, and I'm happy, so y'all with 740+ scores should feel sensational 
laugh.gif

I got compulsive over the weekend and tried to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred, I've been looking at it for a while. They told me they'll get back with me in thirty days 
mean.gif

I guess/hope it's because I just recently graduated and started my job, and so they want to see how I handle my first month before they give me what I want. 

mine is similar. only difference on mine on a month to month basis is an extra few hundred being reported by the credit cards that I didn't pay off early. but i have so much credit available that the utilization changes a percentage or two, yet i still have swings of 30+ points per month.

If you have a balance reporting on multiple cards versus just one card, whether it's small or not, could cause a drop in score as well. But it really doesn't matter unless you're trying to get a loan or something or about to have your credit score checked. Utilization has no memory

Discover might be handing out credit increases like candy again. Just applied for a CLI and got my credit limit doubled again :pimp: Up to $6200 limit now. If only I had the income to ever flex that :lol:

Anyone here have both the Freedom & Discover It? What are your experiences? They both have similar rotating categories, I was wondering how often does it overlap? It seems to really shine when they dont have the same category at the same quarter.  Or if you're a big spender you can rely on the other one if you reach the $1500 cap limit per a quarter. 

Last edited:
Anyone here have both the Freedom & Discover It? What are your experiences? They both have similar rotating categories, I was wondering how often does it overlap? It seems to really shine when they dont have the same category at the same quarter.  Or if you're a big spender you can rely on the other one if you reach the $1500 cap limit per a quarter. 

I have both..ITvis great if u have an Amazon account..they also double ur cash back amount after the first year..Freedom u get $150 if u spend $500 in 90 days..the rotating categories are good..but u have to plan out ur purchases (which card to use and when) or u will forget all together..I have anoth credit card that I use for daily expenses and I always used that and forgot to take advantage of the rotating categories..so as long as your paying attention..u can definitely use those cards effectively

I have both. If they have similar categories for a particular quarter, I max out the Freedom first since UR points are worth more than cash if you have a Sapphire Preferred or Reserve. Overlap seems to be pretty common.

I have both. If they have similar categories for a particular quarter, I max out the Freedom first since UR points are worth more than cash if you have a Sapphire Preferred or Reserve. Overlap seems to be pretty common.
Would you still recommend getting both? I'm sure there are times they dont overlap it and the no foreign transaction is a nice touch on the discover for travels. 

Would you still recommend getting both? I'm sure there are times they dont overlap it and the no foreign transaction is a nice touch on the discover for travels. 

Yep there are times they don't overlap and they often do special offers that aren't a part of the bonus quarterly categories. I think the Freedom is essential for all especially when paired with a Sapphire Reserve, and Discover is great for the cashback deals portal (e.g. 10% back on NDC, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom