24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

You must also have a mix of credit in your profile, such as: real estate loans, auto loans, and student loans. Not necessarily all of them.

Yo! Chase is doing a crazy promotion when you apply for the SW Rapid Rewards cc. You get a companion pass the rest of the year after spending $4k in 3 months. You used to only be able to get it after earning 110k points. Y’all need to hop on that quick

Yo! Chase is doing a crazy promotion when you apply for the SW Rapid Rewards cc. You get a companion pass the rest of the year after spending $4k in 3 months. You used to only be able to get it after earning 110k points. Y’all need to hop on that quick

Link?

Would transfer amounts count towards the 4K ?

I believe if you trnasfer it hurts your credit score.
I transfered once and it went down. And then had to do a second transfer and went down again.

But I’m glad I did the transfer. A one time fee compared to the interest that was killing me was worth it.

I applied for a TD card just for the bonus and these fools denied me even with an excellent credit score :lol:

I applied for a TD card just for the bonus and these fools denied me even with an excellent credit score :lol:

I tried to sign up for that new capital one savor and got denied. 2 cards in a row I got denied for :blush::blush: too much churning I’ve gotten 8 cards the past 2 years :lol:

Anyone know of any good rewards / bonus deals right now, other than the Southwest Chase card?

I think I'm going to refer my Chase Ink Preferred to my wife. I get 20k UR points for the referral, she gets 80k points if she spends $5k in 3 months. Her tuition is $4k due next week, and we easily spend a few G's a month on our current cards so we'll have no problem hitting $5k.

Just didn't know if there were any other good promos goin on right now

Hows capitol one quicksilver on CLIs?

I have a family member whose starting limit was $15k when they got approved for the QS card. No CLI after that because they don't put a lot spend on it. Cap1 will reward you handsomely if you use it often. They're also know to decrease high limits if the cards stay inactive.

Anyone know of any good rewards / bonus deals right now, other than the Southwest Chase card?

I think I'm going to refer my Chase Ink Preferred to my wife. I get 20k UR points for the referral, she gets 80k points if she spends $5k in 3 months. Her tuition is $4k due next week, and we easily spend a few G's a month on our current cards so we'll have no problem hitting $5k.

Capitol one savor has $500 if you spend 3000 in the first 3 months. $95 annual fee after 1 year though

Do you own a business? If so, Cap1 Spark has a $2000 sign up bonus if you spend $55k in 6 months.

I'd jump on it if I didn't already have the card.

Last edited:
I have a 740 and get denied. What can I do to prevent this? Doesnt attempting to sign up for too many cards hurt my score or is it small?

Basically I have a vacay coming up and I wanna get a card where if I spend for example 500 they give me back 2 or 300.

Any help would be appreciatd

I have a 740 and get denied. What can I do to prevent this? Doesnt attempting to sign up for too many cards hurt my score or is it small?

Basically I have a vacay coming up and I wanna get a card where if I spend for example 500 they give me back 2 or 300.

Any help would be appreciatd

Which card(s) were you denied for? Is 740 your FICO or Vantage score? You should receive letters from the lenders as to why they denied your application. What did they say? With some lenders you can call recon and they may approve it. If you keep applying and are getting denied, there is something in your credit profile of concern. Each inquiry does reduce your score a bit (depends on how thin or thick your profile is) and stays on your reports for up to 2 years. Lenders see that as credit seeking behavior and will keep denying you credit.

Hardly any CLIs on my Quicksilver
CapOne is stingy with the CLIs

Discover has been generous though
Yeah I generally wanted a capone card for the customizing of the card option. Idk any other CCs that do that with cash back perks.

Back
Top Bottom