Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

ISS is the WCW of online sneaker communities  
no just stop
that would mean that they actually were better than niketalk half the time.

a better comparison would be the nbdl or wnba

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Inb4 self absorbed NTers who feel NT is the Mecca of the Internet flood this thread.

well, in terms of sneakers.. is there a bigger board than NT?

actually, is there one that is as active as NT? that's why i like this place, it doesn't take 2-3 months to get a reply (well, besides that one dude that asked what a ceaser was that bumped his thread a year after)

i'm on 3 other forums (one tech, and 2 keyboard forums) and neither are as active (though not bad) as NT.

No one is denying that...NT is probably the most entertaining forum I've been on and I'm part of about 4, it's this "we better than the rest" complex that cracks me up...like sons you are all nothing but a screen name on a board
laugh.gif

but we ARE better than ISS.

are we the center of the universe? nope. are we better than iss? yup.

I remember I did't even know about NTK. Was searching some info on some retros back in 2005, and came across NT since then it been a great source of info on the kicks game...

well, in terms of sneakers.. is there a bigger board than NT?

actually, is there one that is as active as NT? that's why i like this place, it doesn't take 2-3 months to get a reply (well, besides that one dude that asked what a ceaser was that bumped his thread a year after)

i'm on 3 other forums (one tech, and 2 keyboard forums) and neither are as active (though not bad) as NT.

No one is denying that...NT is probably the most entertaining forum I've been on and I'm part of about 4, it's this "we better than the rest" complex that cracks me up...like sons you are all nothing but a screen name on a board
laugh.gif

Of course NT >>> ISS I never said it wasn't, well as far as a source of entertainment goes But the fact that at least once every 3 weeks we get some sort of ISS bashing thread says a lot about the immaturity that still goes on here and that superiority complex I'm speaking of.

Like what did ISS personally do to some o you to warrant such hatred??...seriously??..majority of you guys have that sheep mentality down to your core...to the point that you would dead @+% use the term "go back to ISS" as an insult and constantly want to puff your e-chests about how much better NT is than "the other site"
laugh.gif

Hate me all ya want for speaking my mind, IDGAF.

Anyone who says the other site is better is brain dead. If it was 1992, we would be USA (rocking Oly 7's) and I$$ Angola.

Like what did ISS personally do to some o you to warrant such hatred??...seriously??..majority of you guys have that sheep mentality down to your core...to the point that you would dead #@! use the term "go back to ISS" as an insult and constantly want to puff your e-chests about how much better NT is than "the other site"
laugh.gif

It's not that serious though
laugh.gif
I think everyone realizes that but you . Do you think dudes are dead-#%+ fuming behind their computer screens about ISS and it's members ?
laugh.gif

Why you so anti-NT, bro ?

Originally Posted by Dimelo

Suspended.
I thought NT Dave was dead?  Bad form, chap.
Comparing NT to ISS is akin to comparing regular herpes to genital herpes, respectively.

Yea, you'd rather have regular herpes, but either way you cut it, yo !%%# be burnin, b 
laugh.gif

Like what did ISS personally do to some o you to warrant such hatred??...seriously??..majority of you guys have that sheep mentality down to your core...to the point that you would dead @+% use the term "go back to ISS" as an insult and constantly want to puff your e-chests about how much better NT is than "the other site"
laugh.gif

It is the same mentality as riding for your favorite sports team....only the members of the forum are more a part of what makes NT what it is.

iss is full of teenie boopers kids

only people who defend iss on here are the lames who came from over there

laugh.gif

You speak on a small minority of clowns like it's the entire body of users. You're a clown too, nobody goes around blasting NT acting like it's full of ksteezys...

laugh.gif

Of course NT >>> ISS I never said it wasn't, well as far as a source of entertainment goes But the fact that at least once every 3 weeks we get some sort of ISS bashing thread says a lot about the immaturity that still goes on here and that superiority complex I'm speaking of.
you posts on both boards. your opinion doesn't count.

laugh.gif

Bro, the commodification of its users? This has been revealed countless times.

Originally Posted by leothegod

you posts on both boards. your opinion doesn't count.

I don't post on both boards....I haven't been active on ISS in some time...I understand rooting for your "team" but you guys ride real heavy on this false sense of brotherhood ya feed each other constantly.No need to remind yourself how much better this place is in terms of Lulz than ISS every 3 weeks man
roll.gif

Meth is at his comp like

Not really.  There are users here who complain about how things are run, too.  To each their own.  The nice thing about the Internet is that there's plenty of variety.  If you don't like how one site operates, there are plenty of alternatives for you.  

No one site can be all things to all people.  Ideally, you want each member to be a good fit for the type of community you're trying to run.  

If we didn't prefer how we run NikeTalk to how other sneaker sites are run, what would be the point?  At the end of the day, we have to respect what we do and we want our fellow members to respect what we do.  If you're not filling a need, what's the point of running a site to begin with?   

Method Man does a very good job at letting everyone know that this site is considered the JV team, the scrubs, the dudes who come in at the end of the game, just hoping to score.

I make no apology for that. 
A weak JV team is like a bad Internet forum:  they don't cut.  

Look, NikeTalk has standards.  We're not "anything for a dollar."  If you're unwilling to respect our members and our rules, you can't make it here. 

I often tell people who don't show proper respect for the community that they should try I$$.  As far as I'm concerned, that's what it's for.  It's for people who either don't care, don't like what we're doing, or don't know any better.  I'm glad it exists.  It takes the pressure off of us to house immature/disrespectful users.  If people JUST want a cheap place to sell, I'm glad they can use craigslist and the ISS marketplace.  Our screening system requires an incredible effort from our dedicated buy/sell guides, and they're not doing all of that work just so people can exploit our users as a captive market.  The service exists for REAL collectors and NikeTalk users, not resellers.  The other site is nothing more than a soulless cash grab, so of course it's easier to make money there.  That's the only reason it was ever created to begin with.  

The irony, especially with the "ego" gripes, is that $¢ actually IS all about one person's ego.  It was created because we weren't willing to run ads for the ISS storefront in exchange for our hosting costs.  We wanted to remain independent.  Thus, the ISS forums were born as a measure of revenge and control.  Their owner wanted a forum he could put in his pocket.  He couldn't buy one, so he made one.  And it exists, now, for the same reason it did then: to make him money.  That's his choice and if you want to support that, that's your choice.  We opted for something different.

People can say whatever they like about me, but NT is bigger than any one person - and that's what makes it great.  

It is what it is.  We started NikeTalk 12 years ago because we were sick of dealing with the type of e-thugs, immaturity, and racism you find on unmoderated or poorly moderated gathering points like Youtube, xbox live, and so on.  It began for the benefit of a small community of sneaker fans and it's evolved into a social business designed to raise money for charity.  We're incredibly fortunate that thousands of people from around the world have shared our vision and our success is a testament to their ongoing efforts.  

Those at ISS can run their forums however they like.  Some people will prefer their site's approach and that's fine.  It has a different audience and serves a different purpose.  

NikeTalk exists for the benefit of the community, not the individual.  We didn't get into this for selfish reasons and we expect a similar commitment from our members.  They have to be willing to contribute, rather than detract from, something that allows us to be greater together than each of us can be as an individual.  

If you're not up for that, no problem.  That's what ISS is for.  

Real talk though, we should go easy on ISS and let them rock because we dont need ANY of their members migrating here. I think its the biggest reason the quality of General has and is steadily decreasing. NT cant be what it is without ISS. We need them...

That other site is only good to sell stuff. Mad hypebeast that actually pay me flightclub prices for my kicks lulz idiots. Made a lot of cash tho so I can't knock it

roll.gif
@ "METHOD MEN"

laugh.gif
@ calling Meth an egoist. I'll assume that person meant egotistical or egomaniac.

Back
Top Bottom