$56 for 2 movie tickets, is AMC out of their damn mind!?!?!?

Anyone seen this scam AMC is trying to pull by forcing you to buy food? I went to go see Tron last night night and looked online to see what times it was playing. As yall can clearly see on that link it says the tickets are $10 each (obviously 3d is extra). So we get there and the line is moving mad slow so we go to those self screens and try to buy the tickets there and I assume there was an error because for 2 tix it came up to $56. So we get back in line and they lady at the counter is like its the correct price, theres a $3 for 3d and $15 fee for food. So after about 5 mins she gets her manager and he waives the food cost. Its crap like this that makes u just wanna stay home and download it
30t6p3b.gif

Anyone seen this scam AMC is trying to pull by forcing you to buy food? I went to go see Tron last night night and looked online to see what times it was playing. As yall can clearly see on that link it says the tickets are $10 each (obviously 3d is extra). So we get there and the line is moving mad slow so we go to those self screens and try to buy the tickets there and I assume there was an error because for 2 tix it came up to $56. So we get back in line and they lady at the counter is like its the correct price, theres a $3 for 3d and $15 fee for food. So after about 5 mins she gets her manager and he waives the food cost. Its crap like this that makes u just wanna stay home and download it
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

So would they give you a ticket with 15$ of debit on it that you would take to the concession stand?

laugh.gif

So would they give you a ticket with 15$ of debit on it that you would take to the concession stand?

Originally Posted by JuMpMaN J 23

This may be a dumb question, but wats a self screen?
You know how you go to the food store and check your self out without a cashier? Like that just for movie tickets.

which city or state is this?
Bridgewater, NJ

They have a full service bar where you can order alcohol before the movie you can use the the credit once you sit down and have people serve in the theater. Theres a menu when you sit in your seat (the seating is assigned) and you have a waiter serve you. This was also annoying because while you are watching the movie you got about 7-8 waiter talking to people getting their orders and walking around

Originally Posted by JuMpMaN J 23

This may be a dumb question, but wats a self screen?
You know how you go to the food store and check your self out without a cashier? Like that just for movie tickets.

which city or state is this?
Bridgewater, NJ

They have a full service bar where you can order alcohol before the movie you can use the the credit once you sit down and have people serve in the theater. Theres a menu when you sit in your seat (the seating is assigned) and you have a waiter serve you. This was also annoying because while you are watching the movie you got about 7-8 waiter talking to people getting their orders and walking around

That's crazy. I hate when people try to do that whole "you have to buy this to get that" nomsense.

I went to the movies in London recently and I couldn't believe it when she said it would be £16.50 - that's about $25. Glad I had food in my pocket.

London prices are insane though.

That's crazy. I hate when people try to do that whole "you have to buy this to get that" nomsense.

I went to the movies in London recently and I couldn't believe it when she said it would be £16.50 - that's about $25. Glad I had food in my pocket.

That waiter service sounds annoying too. Almost as bad as people at sporting events ordering stuff - something wrong with the concession stands?

That waiter service sounds annoying too. Almost as bad as people at sporting events ordering stuff - something wrong with the concession stands?

Originally Posted by kdawg

Its crazy because me and my girl ate before we went. So it literally would have been a waste of money and obviously any unused credit is non-refundable. Like most people i basically just went on Fandango to see what time it was playing and it made no mention of this "dine-in" feature like it does if it says something is playing in 3d or Imax.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Its crazy because me and my girl ate before we went. So it literally would have been a waste of money and obviously any unused credit is non-refundable. Like most people i basically just went on Fandango to see what time it was playing and it made no mention of this "dine-in" feature like it does if it says something is playing in 3d or Imax.

Back
Top Bottom