A Ma Maniere AJ1

No one slept on them. They were hard to get.
They weren’t slept on, but they‘ve been pretty roundly disparaged as being the least ”fire” release of the AMM Nike collabs.

Certainly most heads seem to like the 3s more.

And I’ve seen a lot of comments here saying they’re even below the 2s.

Which I vehemently disagree with.

But hey…opinions.

Just checked eBay…my god they are tanking.

The University Blues are holding steady at $400+, but the AMMs are falling.

…what accounts for this?

Just checked eBay…my god they are tanking.

The University Blues are holding steady at $400+, but the AMMs are falling.

…what accounts for this?
Aint much money in reselling sneakers anymore unless youre flipping new balances. The upcoming recession has resellers dumping the supply they are sitting on as most shoes are not increasing in value like they were 2019-early 2021

They weren’t slept on, but they‘ve been pretty roundly disparaged as being the least ”fire” release of the AMM Nike collabs.

But hey…opinions.

I don't know about you. But aside from the Off White 2s. The other 2 collaborations have not been good at least to me. I bet Jordan Brand is disappointed with the roll out, so far. And the AMM 1s are still nice to me. Surprised people are hating on it.

I don't know about you. But aside from the Off White 2s. The other 2 collaborations have not been good at least to me. I bet Jordan Brand is disappointed with the roll out, so far. And the AMM 1s are still nice to me. Surprised people are hating on it.
I dunno man the nina chanels are pretty dope. People just don’t f with 2s period.

But hey…opinions.

ummm.... yah that is a big fat NOOOO. Unfortunately, I think those 2's are some of the worst out of all the 2's we have been getting.

The blue and grey Unions are fire, and the Maison Château Rouge are some of the best yet! and there are more to come!

I’m on the fence too. I haven’t unds any of the 2 highs I have yet. The black and royals OW 2s low stay on foot though! The Château 2s are really cool but I can’t see myself wearing them over OG CWs Mike actually hooped in.

But hey…opinions.
The 1s might be a little plain, but the 2s are straight up ugly. Look like women's cowboy boots.

The AMM 1s are “plain” and that’s the reason i like em. They can be versatile. Sooo using that logic, are the AMM 3s not plain? I think so and the cream/off-white color is hideous to me

I wonder how many of the folks saying the AMM 1s are too plain, feel the same way about the 85 neutral greys?

Most of the best Jordan 1 colorways are fairly basic.

…plain doesn’t necessarily equal boring.

The AMM 1s are “plain” and that’s the reason i like em. They can be versatile. Sooo using that logic, are the AMM 3s not plain? I think so and the cream/off-white color is hideous to me

Oh, I agree. AMM 1s are a clean looking shoe with a unique leather. But, AJ1s have been done so many times with muted colors and plain looking, so they don't stand out for being plain and muted; If that makes any sense.
The AMM 3s are also plain and muted, but that differentiated it from the almost gaudy elephant print and bright colors found on the vast majority of AJ3s.
I personally tend towards shoes with muted colors cause they match my wardrobe which isn't particularly bright.

I don’t think the the thing that drops the AMM 1s down on peoples lists is that they’re too plain, it’s just that they’re redundant. There’s probably some stuff I would have liked to be done differently like a more muted/subtle sole, but at retail or close to it I would have still copped. But I don’t really care about completing to the set; I think the 2’s bring something to the table that’s different that eveything else I have (even though I haven’t gotten the 2s yet either lol. And the 3s are some of my most worn shoes. If I cared about completing the set I’d shell out the $375+ to get them in my size, but I can live without them. Still a solid 7.5/10 though

Back
Top Bottom