A Ma Maniere AJ3 - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING ALLOWED

First thing I saw on the receipt was James Whitner

But second thing was it says A Ma Maniere Houston, and then a NC address under that. Thought that was strange

6965 Northpark Blvd #C leads to a random business park off Billy Graham pkwy.

It doesnt look like much but could be a base of operations

I thought this was settled? The link I posted above is the Dunn and Bradstreet listing for Trois Investment, Inc. D&B is the preeminent commercial database of corporate information in the US. It has Trois‘s address as the same as the receipt. It also has JW as the principal.

Trois owns the trademark for AMM (and others). It’s clearly some kind of parent entity for AMM… likely licensing the IP. Interestingly enough, a different company Jaizai owns the mark on SS. As a side note, JW’s obviously outdated LinkedIn only has him as the founder of JaizaI.

James is obviously doing somewhat complex things with his corporate structure. I’d guess some lawyer convinced him the complexity would help protect his assets if anything went wrong. I’d hate to be his banker explaining all that to a credit committee, though.

Screenshot_20220120-212521_Messages.jpg

I just unloaded two pairs, still have three. I went a little overboard with these back in the summer :lol:
Had to wait till now for prices to bounce back just to basically break even plus a handful of dollars. I’m fine with that, as I didn’t buy my pairs intending to make a big profit. The pairs I still have, I paid mid-$400s for each, which now looks like a huge bargain. The pricing on all this stuff really is out of control when you look at it objectively. I mean, thinking $400-plus for sneakers is a good deal? :smh:

lol this is gonna age funnily. dude bought 5 pairs and then proceeds to complain about the prices being too high.
the prices are only going up on these.

lol this is gonna age funnily. dude bought 5 pairs and then proceeds to complain about the prices being too high.
the prices are only going up on these.
:lol:
I think you misunderstood me, which is totally understandable. I love sneakers, and like many of us have succumbed to the prices here and there. I haven’t done it more than a handful of times, but I did on these. I love IIIs and had been waiting damn near 20 years for one that gave me the old feeling. Hadn’t bought a retro III since 2003 because of how crap they have been. Despite it being my favorite model along with the XI.
I can objectively recognize how stupid a lot of sneaker prices have gotten and how I’ve done stupid things because I love sneakers. That’s where I was coming from.
But you’re definitely right, I should’ve waited another month to sell the two pairs I sold. Or another year. Oh well. I didn’t buy these to flip, I just went overboard in my excitement at the time.

Those 2’s are meh. Ima still buy a pair but the snake skin midsole & cracked leather ain’t doing it for me tbh.

^^^ You’re an example of a person that needs to pass and let others who actually like the shoe (and all it’s features) get more of a chance then. Crazy how literally everyone that says these aren’t that good in almost the same sentence says or admits they’re still going to buy them. Sad.

^^^ You’re an example of a person that needs to pass and let others who actually like the shoe (and all it’s features) get more of a chance then. Crazy how literally everyone that says these aren’t that good in almost the same sentence says or admits they’re still going to buy them. Sad.
I like shoes so will buy a pair to have but just because they aren’t my, “favorite” release doesn’t mean I still don’t want a pair. I could pass & then kick my self for not trying months later. Not sure my 1 Purchase is going to give majority better chances.

I do feel what you are saying about the masses not picking up what they don’t like but I didn’t say I didn’t like them. I just think the design is lazy when they came out with similar materials on the 1’s.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom