A Ma Maniere AJ4

Ignore the dirty mirror. Got out in the AMM 4s today. I say it all the time but the only clothes worth getting from Nike these days are their collab clothes. Love this AMM shirt
IMG_4469.jpeg
IMG_4470.jpeg

These are crucial. Got them back in the stable.

Went with recommendations to size up on them initially and believed it was the correct choice until I actually broke them in where I found them to be too loose for my liking. Sold that pair.

Had to replace ASAP and did so going TTS this time - a little snug, but on previous experience expecting them to break in nicely.

These and the SB4 are the best 4s of the last couple of years IMO.

IMG-20230823-WA0012.jpg
20230823_133023.jpg

Last edited:

Went with recommendations to size up on them initially and believed it was the correct choice until I actually broke them in where I found them to be too loose for my liking. Sold that pair.

Had to replace ASAP and did so going TTS this time - a little snug, but on previous experience expecting them to break in nicely.

IMG-20230823-WA0012.jpg
20230823_133023.jpg

this is facts. excited to work them back into the rotation this fall.

Nike/JB knocked it out of the park with both of these and the SBs

IMG-20230823-WA0012.jpg
20230823_133023.jpg
I swear, I have both these and the Pine Green 4s. Worn both multiple times. These hold up so much better. Honestly that’s my shoe of the year 2023

i think people dont rock with them as much because people think theyre harder to wear. but AMM has been releasing pieces that go with these for almost a year now if you dont have the vision to put something together without the help

I swear, I have both these and the Pine Green 4s. Worn both multiple times. These hold up so much better. Honestly that’s my shoe of the year 2023

Honestly man, the material on these literally get better with age.

The last pair I had looked better with the leather broken in and softened - I'll be looking forward to getting these to that stage.

Agreed; I really like these. I'm downsizing my collection, but these aren't going anywhere. EASY to wear; black or blue jeans and a black t-shirt does it for me. But I'm no fashion guru, and don't give a s***t what anyone thinks anyway.

Agreed; I really like these. I'm downsizing my collection, but these aren't going anywhere. EASY to wear; black or blue jeans and a black t-shirt does it for me. But I'm no fashion guru, and don't give a s***t what anyone thinks anyway.
How many shoes do you have now?

How many are you getting rid of?

How many are on the list of untouchables?

How many shoes do you have now?

How many are you getting rid of?

How many are on the list of untouchables?

As of about 2 months ago I had pushing 70 or so.

I want to get down to no more than 40; preferably 30 or less.

Hmm....maybe 23 untouchable, but even then I could pare down if I really wanted to. Honestly think 30-40 would satisfy my rotation for years to come. That's still a s**t ton of shoes for one person. Some of those are ACG/hiking shoes that will naturally wear out.

In the past 2 months I sold over a dozen, donated 4 or 5, and gave my son a couple as he's now my size; gonna gift him some more next week for his bday.

Hmm....maybe 23 untouchable, but even then I could pare down if I really wanted to. Honestly think 30-40 would satisfy my rotation for years to come. That's still a s**t ton of shoes for one person. Some of those are ACG/hiking shoes that will naturally wear out.

In the past 2 months I sold over a dozen, donated 4 or 5, and gave my son a couple as he's now my size; gonna gift him some more next week for his bday.
at least if you want them back you just have to raid his closet

Nobody needs more than 40 pairs if they want their shoes to get worn on a regular basis imo. By that standard you don’t really need more than 20.

i just got rid of two pairs I thought were untouchable, but realized I wasn’t wearing very much.

…so they had to go.

IMG-20230823-WA0012.jpg
20230823_133023.jpg
You’re right. Half size up looks way too big

Nobody needs more than 40 pairs if they want their shoes to get worn on a regular basis imo. By that standard you don’t really need more than 20.

i just got rid of two pairs I thought were untouchable, but realized I wasn’t wearing very much.

…so they had to go.

What were they?

I have about 100 pairs, 60 worn and 40 still new. I truly believe I could be perfectly happy with like my favorite 15 pairs. I had over 140 and it became overwhelming so I’ve been slowly downsizing.

Back
Top Bottom