A Ma Maniere AJ4

Now if these were OW BC4…
1667842677618.png

OW bred4s would have me reporting on all local pressing matters :rofl:

this is doing too much. I mean I care about several issues and a big cause I care about is the AAPI because it directly reflects onto my race and culture. But I’m not going to make a video for a raffle entry for shoes. Even if the intentions are pure, it comes off desperate. Like the first time some people are going to speak on an issue and make it a public video, and it’s for a shoe. Just not a good look IMO.

They should’ve just made the video entry optional in addition to instore raffle slots. Now people gonna be forced to watch these fake woke videos for some Jordan’s

2A507235-470B-4B72-AEED-85E29FA672FF.jpeg

If I was still in my 20s and have time then maybe. But as a near 40 yr old man, I’ll look stupid doing these vid essays. It’s a great way to get the youth more involved with their local government. I by chance live right by my local representative in my district and I see em all the time. My video essay would be about parking cuz parking sucks in my part of Brooklyn. Anyways I’ll try the online if not, resell it is…

I appreciate James for his activism and willingness to use his platform for his causes. But this is wild. Video content is tough to make let along political video content. In these times it's a kinda scary how strongly people respond to anything political and he's making a hashtag for people to see all of it. But my biggest gripe is scammers. Discord, IG, and Twitter raffles were you notify winers via DM is extremely dangerous. So many people act without looking and will get their info and money stolen.

But with all that said I'm gonna do the video since I already put my self out there on the internet but this should have been done differently.

I contemptible on making a small video as well and see if I could post it on Twitter. Do you have to @ the government official and the local news station or is it just one you have to @?

Video submissions aren’t for me either, but I know that James is using his platform for a good cause. I’m not mad at him and although I’d love a pair, I’ve got several 4s that I love so money saved.

It’s funny how fast people show their true colors using key phrases when this happens.

this is doing too much. I mean I care about several issues and a big cause I care about is the AAPI because it directly reflects onto my race and culture. But I’m not going to make a video for a raffle entry for shoes. Even if the intentions are pure, it comes off desperate. Like the first time some people are going to speak on an issue and make it a public video, and it’s for a shoe. Just not a good look IMO.

They should’ve just made the video entry optional in addition to instore raffle slots. Now people gonna be forced to watch these fake woke videos for some Jordan’s

2A507235-470B-4B72-AEED-85E29FA672FF.jpeg
This is what I added to the conversation. I totally get reaching out to and rewarding people that are speaking out and willing to be the face of things. That's dope. But for someone that is normally more lowkey to all of a sudden start doing videos for a cause... only bc of a shoe... is not a good look at all. Agree it looks desperate. Should have just let each store reach out to a few local people to bless with pairs instead of having people making themselves look dumb and desperate.

Wow, I don't think anybody was expecting that. I think it's a phenomenal idea.

But to be completely honest, I'm not at all active into political issues. Are there things I care about? Of course - I think we all have things we care about. But do I go out there and actively voice my opinion on these issues? Not at all.

So if I load up my camera and drop some speech about how much I care about so and so issues and then tag my local representatives, it won't be genuine at all because then I'm only doing it because there is an opportunity to purchase a SNEAKER OF THE YEAR. If that opportunity wasn't there, I wouldn't be doing things like that. That feels really fake to me and, believe it or not, I've got a tiny bit of integrity in me :emoji_laughing:.

So.... I'll just have to admire the SNEAKER OF THE YEAR from the bench 😎 .

So I'm sorry to disappoint you guys S ShaSam and vinotwofour vinotwofour
Can’t wait to see SayPokeGai SayPokeGai ‘s submission.

Lol probably going to speak on the issue of… how misrepresented every year’s SOTY is and it’s a matter that means most to him and he wants the amm4 to win the unofficial title officially.

Back
Top Bottom