A personal message to the writers of The Wire [Spoilers inside]

Originally Posted by size twelve

marlo's character seems kinda dated though. it's funny to see him rocking headbands casually.
laugh.gif
yea that always got me.

Another thing that I kind of forget is that out of all the characters on the street (at least the relatively regular ones), Slim Charles is the one who played his cards right the entire time. The only one to come out relatively unscathed by the end.

Another thing that I kind of forget is that out of all the characters on the street (at least the relatively regular ones), Slim Charles is the one who played his cards right the entire time. The only one to come out relatively unscathed by the end.

Why doesn't anyone care that D died?
laugh.gif
That messed me up cause it was early on a liked him.

laugh.gif

If you haven't checked out the HBO special The Wire: Odyssey...do yourself a favor. Chronicles the series with commentary and stories that most of us don't know. Like how the actor that played Lt. Daniels (Lance Reddick) actually auditioned for the part of Bubbles first. The Odyssey is a basically pays homage and does what the media never did for the show.

If you haven't checked out the HBO special The Wire: Odyssey...do yourself a favor. Chronicles the series with commentary and stories that most of us don't know. Like how the actor that played Lt. Daniels (Lance Reddick) actually auditioned for the part of Bubbles first. The Odyssey is a basically pays homage and does what the media never did for the show.

pimp.gif
My man Slim (what up Gingus!).One of the best characters in that series.
"Look murder ain't no thing... but this here is some assassination %+%#"

pimp.gif
My man Slim (what up Gingus!).One of the best characters in that series.
"Look murder ain't no thing... but this here is some assassination %+%#"

YO!

Reading through a few replies... I'm with OP. Sometimes when I'm riding, bangin out to some gangsta ****, I have a random thought like "damn... they ain't have to kill my @@$!% Bodie.
30t6p3b.gif
"

DF!!!

YO!

Reading through a few replies... I'm with OP. Sometimes when I'm riding, bangin out to some gangsta ****, I have a random thought like "damn... they ain't have to kill my @@$!% Bodie.
30t6p3b.gif
"

DF!!!

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

laugh.gif
I was salty D'angelo died. He was a good dude, and to go out like that, SMH. It was sad seeing Michael leave Bugs like mentioned above. Knowing they would probably never see each other again due to his situation.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

laugh.gif
I was salty D'angelo died. He was a good dude, and to go out like that, SMH. It was sad seeing Michael leave Bugs like mentioned above. Knowing they would probably never see each other again due to his situation.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

I peeped that. I didn't know Chris was a cop on the show (there's a scene where he's a police officer in a court room) then he was cast as Marlo's right-hand man.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

I peeped that. I didn't know Chris was a cop on the show (there's a scene where he's a police officer in a court room) then he was cast as Marlo's right-hand man.

If you have only watched the series once i would watch it again for a 2nd time. After the first season i didnt like the 2nd season either but after watching it for the 2nd time i realized how much it was needed to build for the rest of the series.

If you have only watched the series once i would watch it again for a 2nd time. After the first season i didnt like the 2nd season either but after watching it for the 2nd time i realized how much it was needed to build for the rest of the series.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

marlo's character seems kinda dated though. it's funny to see him rocking headbands casually.
laugh.gif
yea that always got me.
they filmed Season 3 (when Marlo was rockin headbands) in '03-'04, a lot of people were rockin headbands back then. 
dmbrhs wrote:

word. Slim Charles was a great and underrated character.
i saw him as a contrast to Prop Joe. both guys were older, wiser, and pretty much well respected by everyone. the difference is that Slim Charles always played it straight while Joe couldn't keep himself from wheeling and dealing. he thought he could be everybody's friend at once (at one point he was simultaneously in cahoots with Marlo, Stringer, and Omar) that will get you killed on the streets.

this might be my favorite scene in the entire show, or at least top 3. this is the defining moment of Marlo Stanfield's character:

Marlo had just offed Joe and everybody knew it, yet in a matter of minutes he came in and took full control of Baltimore's drug trade. and not a single soul dared toobject. then he raises the package price just because he can.
laugh.gif
"oh by the way, the price of the brick goin up".. dude was a straight up coldblooded G
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

laugh.gif
yea that always got me.
they filmed Season 3 (when Marlo was rockin headbands) in '03-'04, a lot of people were rockin headbands back then. 
dmbrhs wrote:

word. Slim Charles was a great and underrated character.
i saw him as a contrast to Prop Joe. both guys were older, wiser, and pretty much well respected by everyone. the difference is that Slim Charles always played it straight while Joe couldn't keep himself from wheeling and dealing. he thought he could be everybody's friend at once (at one point he was simultaneously in cahoots with Marlo, Stringer, and Omar) that will get you killed on the streets.

this might be my favorite scene in the entire show, or at least top 3. this is the defining moment of Marlo Stanfield's character:

Marlo had just offed Joe and everybody knew it, yet in a matter of minutes he came in and took full control of Baltimore's drug trade. and not a single soul dared toobject. then he raises the package price just because he can.
laugh.gif
"oh by the way, the price of the brick goin up".. dude was a straight up coldblooded G
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom