a

I was
roll.gif
when she said "I do truly amazing things, I'm abartender"

Today 5:01 PM PST by Marc Malkin

Jersey Shore has only been on the air for two weeks, but there's almost as much drama off screen as there is on.

First, a couple of advertisers pulled their ads after some Italian-American groups blasted the show, about a group of twentysomethings sharing a summer house in Seaside Heights, NJ, as promoting negative Italian stereotypes.

And now, I can exclusively report, that MTV has decided to pull footage from next week's episode showing housemate Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, 21, being closed-fist clocked in the face by a man during an altercation at a local bar...

Network execs ordered the cuts after downloaded copies of last night's on-air promo showing the sucker-punch went viral.

"What happened to Snooki was a crime and obviously extremely disturbing," MTV said in a written statement. "After hearing from our viewers, further consulting with experts on the issue of violence, and seeing how the video footage has been taken out of context not to show the severity of this act or resulting consequences, MTV has decided not to air Snooki being physically punched in the face."

However, the fight and its aftermath will be addressed in the episode, which will also end with a message from the loveisrespect and Teen Dating Abuse Helpline organization.

An MTV rep says no further cuts are planned for the series.

Dan Ferro, the Queens, NY gym teacher who hit Snooki, was arrested on the spot. He was eventually found guilty of simple assault and was ordered to take anger-management classes and pay a $500 fine. The New York Post also reports he was given a six-month suspended jail term provided he stays out of trouble.
they cut the punch scene out, good job MTV, that was the only episode I was planning to watch
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Today 5:01 PM PST by Marc Malkin

Jersey Shore has only been on the air for two weeks, but there's almost as much drama off screen as there is on.

First, a couple of advertisers pulled their ads after some Italian-American groups blasted the show, about a group of twentysomethings sharing a summer house in Seaside Heights, NJ, as promoting negative Italian stereotypes.

And now, I can exclusively report, that MTV has decided to pull footage from next week's episode showing housemate Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, 21, being closed-fist clocked in the face by a man during an altercation at a local bar...

Network execs ordered the cuts after downloaded copies of last night's on-air promo showing the sucker-punch went viral.

"What happened to Snooki was a crime and obviously extremely disturbing," MTV said in a written statement. "After hearing from our viewers, further consulting with experts on the issue of violence, and seeing how the video footage has been taken out of context not to show the severity of this act or resulting consequences, MTV has decided not to air Snooki being physically punched in the face."

However, the fight and its aftermath will be addressed in the episode, which will also end with a message from the loveisrespect and Teen Dating Abuse Helpline organization.

An MTV rep says no further cuts are planned for the series.

Dan Ferro, the Queens, NY gym teacher who hit Snooki, was arrested on the spot. He was eventually found guilty of simple assault and was ordered to take anger-management classes and pay a $500 fine. The New York Post also reports he was given a six-month suspended jail term provided he stays out of trouble.
they cut the punch scene out, good job MTV, that was the only episode I was planning to watch
indifferent.gif

nooo.jpg

this shows is entertaining lol

can't believe angelina dipped...she was the baddest, even though she stayed rockin her Mutumbo Jersey c-blockin all the dudes

sammie is cute too but she deceiving...those chicks are played

the guys are all pretty funny/entertaining

first mtv show i'll prolly follow in years

indifferent.gif
alien.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif

Damn MTV.

Whhhhy you gotta do me like that?

Anyways, I finally caught last nights episode just now. Mike is definitely on some Ray-J steez with his facial expressions. At one point they just showed himabout to comment on something, but he started laughing. That %!$% had me dying. Then later in the show they cut to Sammi during the drama about Ronnie and hewas all over that chick making out.
pimp.gif
roll.gif

Paulie D is the man. He doesn't talk too much, but when he does it is golden. When they were talking ab JWoww (she looks mad nappy headed the morning afterbtw) breaking up with her boyfriend, Ronnie was like that's good for Paulie, and he was like nah it doesn't matter to me either way.
laugh.gif

That chick Angelina is mad immature. How are you going to hide in the bathroom when your boss, who is also housing you, is just trying to figure out whatsgoing on? IShe took mad Ls this episode too getting straight up played by your "boyfriend" for everyone to see then being extra salty about it.

Needless to say, next week is going to still be awesome even though they cut out Snooki getting her wig split. This is quickly becoming one of my favoriteshows to watch right now.

There is no doubt that the Snooki punch scene would have drawn record numbers for MTV.

I wonder how the episode will run now.

Originally Posted by MetallicNitro

Since when did MTV consider whether or not something is morally wrong when it comes to viewer ship/ ratings?

Originally Posted by politicsasusual

Originally Posted by MetallicNitro

Since when did MTV consider whether or not something is morally wrong when it comes to viewer ship/ ratings?

thats what I'm sayin. I was REALLY looking forward to watching that scene in its entirety to
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom