Adidas ADIZERO ROSE review

Stabilz, what did you think of the traction? Duke said the Roses have great traction, but they just don't squeak...just wanted to know your impute......

Stabilz, what did you think of the traction? Duke said the Roses have great traction, but they just don't squeak...just wanted to know your impute......

Idk why, I've never been on this thread, but I've had my d-roses for about 4 months now and they are the main shoe in my lineup. I have hyperfuses, hd2010's, and huarache 2010's as my latest lineup and when I grabbed a pair of these, I totally had to keep these as my primary. I honestly think that these offer the entire package - meaning all the positives that everyone in this thread have said about this shoe. But my only only only complaint is the heel cushioning. With the lack of heel cushioning it makes the heel to toe transition a little rough. However I purchased some air insoles from finishline and added them to these shoes and BAM! Perfecto. But yeah, the geofit will be irritating to no show socks and these prolly aren't the he's big man shoe, but other than the heel cushioning these have everything to offer. And they do not squeak but the grip is perfect. I have not had any slippage problems and besides dirty courts, but other than that the traction is amazing. Without ankle braces I honestly feel as those these are low tops, but I play with ankle braces so that's not a problem. But the laces are too short for me, and I do wish these would squeak, cos who doesn't love the sound of hoop shoes squeaking down the hardwood?

Idk why, I've never been on this thread, but I've had my d-roses for about 4 months now and they are the main shoe in my lineup. I have hyperfuses, hd2010's, and huarache 2010's as my latest lineup and when I grabbed a pair of these, I totally had to keep these as my primary. I honestly think that these offer the entire package - meaning all the positives that everyone in this thread have said about this shoe. But my only only only complaint is the heel cushioning. With the lack of heel cushioning it makes the heel to toe transition a little rough. However I purchased some air insoles from finishline and added them to these shoes and BAM! Perfecto. But yeah, the geofit will be irritating to no show socks and these prolly aren't the he's big man shoe, but other than the heel cushioning these have everything to offer. And they do not squeak but the grip is perfect. I have not had any slippage problems and besides dirty courts, but other than that the traction is amazing. Without ankle braces I honestly feel as those these are low tops, but I play with ankle braces so that's not a problem. But the laces are too short for me, and I do wish these would squeak, cos who doesn't love the sound of hoop shoes squeaking down the hardwood?

Originally Posted by jman8811

I only play on rough surface court something like outdoor type kinda court. So the traction is all good and I'm sure any shoe will do the same. 

Originally Posted by jman8811

I only play on rough surface court something like outdoor type kinda court. So the traction is all good and I'm sure any shoe will do the same. 

Little update:

After about 2 months of playing, I'm no longer quite as high on these, but I think that's my fault.

The on-court performance is nothing short of beastly. This is one of the few shoes that I've actually thought can make me play slightly better (confidence in traction, ankles, court feel).

However, during my league games, I usually play 36-40 minutes, and I have severe shin splints and my knees are swollen for 1-2 days afterward. Oddly, the only other shoe I've had that problem with is the LeBron VII. I might just quite literally be too heavy for my size right now, so anything non-zoom is bound to cause pain.

Little update:

After about 2 months of playing, I'm no longer quite as high on these, but I think that's my fault.

The on-court performance is nothing short of beastly. This is one of the few shoes that I've actually thought can make me play slightly better (confidence in traction, ankles, court feel).

However, during my league games, I usually play 36-40 minutes, and I have severe shin splints and my knees are swollen for 1-2 days afterward. Oddly, the only other shoe I've had that problem with is the LeBron VII. I might just quite literally be too heavy for my size right now, so anything non-zoom is bound to cause pain.

Got a pair of 1.5's today, first time wearing the Rose's I'll go more in depth on them later when I play with them, but from just wearing them for an hour seeing how they feel:

Heel cup isn't as low as the Kobe line, the sockliner is very comfortable though, sort of like memory microbeads? More comfortable than the IV's ankle collar, but this goes past your ankles so
smile.gif
But it still does make me feel a little bit nervous about them because the heel cup is higher up, tying them up really tight helps, but it feels as though the large amount of cushioning sacrifices security with comfort, I'd probably wear braces with these (I think that was intended but I'm not sure). Not as low to the ground as other shoes.

The traction seems really nice, I'm excited to test them out tomorrow, feel more grippy than the KBV's did out of the box, and much more than the HD's did (I really hate HD's... sorry). There really seems to be a lack of ventilation though, not sure if there was that problem in the older version, but the sides are all nubuck-like material, and the ventilation holes are really small, shoe heated up pretty fast just walking around. I think in a game it'd probably def. sweat up, but it's a basketball shoe so gotta deal with it.

Overall, I'm pretty excited for these, Adidas have always been really reliable imo, not revolutionary, but just a good pair of baller shoes that are durable so a good pickup (I personally loved pro models). You can get these for like 85 dollars shipped via footlocker, so I picked them up to see how they perform. After I ball in them I'll be sure to update more! But overall, first opinion are these are reliable shoes, but I don't think they're going to perform at the level of the Kobe line. Just my opinion! And I'll be sure to correct my opinion if I'm wrong
smile.gif

PS. The white patent leather really stands out (I got the black/white one) but I can tell it's going to get dirty fasttt so that's a con
frown.gif

Got a pair of 1.5's today, first time wearing the Rose's I'll go more in depth on them later when I play with them, but from just wearing them for an hour seeing how they feel:

Heel cup isn't as low as the Kobe line, the sockliner is very comfortable though, sort of like memory microbeads? More comfortable than the IV's ankle collar, but this goes past your ankles so
smile.gif
But it still does make me feel a little bit nervous about them because the heel cup is higher up, tying them up really tight helps, but it feels as though the large amount of cushioning sacrifices security with comfort, I'd probably wear braces with these (I think that was intended but I'm not sure). Not as low to the ground as other shoes.

The traction seems really nice, I'm excited to test them out tomorrow, feel more grippy than the KBV's did out of the box, and much more than the HD's did (I really hate HD's... sorry). There really seems to be a lack of ventilation though, not sure if there was that problem in the older version, but the sides are all nubuck-like material, and the ventilation holes are really small, shoe heated up pretty fast just walking around. I think in a game it'd probably def. sweat up, but it's a basketball shoe so gotta deal with it.

Overall, I'm pretty excited for these, Adidas have always been really reliable imo, not revolutionary, but just a good pair of baller shoes that are durable so a good pickup (I personally loved pro models). You can get these for like 85 dollars shipped via footlocker, so I picked them up to see how they perform. After I ball in them I'll be sure to update more! But overall, first opinion are these are reliable shoes, but I don't think they're going to perform at the level of the Kobe line. Just my opinion! And I'll be sure to correct my opinion if I'm wrong
smile.gif

PS. The white patent leather really stands out (I got the black/white one) but I can tell it's going to get dirty fasttt so that's a con
frown.gif

Review is coming, but for now, ventilation is not a problem. That is what the big holes on the SprintSkin side are for - take care of that problem. The heel cup is higher, so you feel less secure? Makes no sense. Lower heel cup=less stability. Higher heel cup will hold your foot better. There is no more cushioning than in any other adidas, so stability is not sacrificed there at all. Matter of fact, ist is one of the lowest-to-the-court shoes out there, topped only by the Rose 1.0 and maybe the Kobe VI, but if so not by much.

As for the Black Ice to Rose comparison, I haven't played in the Ice lows yet, but comparing to the mids, they actually feel very similar. If you need a definite opinion, I say go with what you know - if you like adidas get them, but the Black Ice are very nice shoes. One of my tops of the year. Don;t be scared because they are UA - they hit the marks on this one.

Review is coming, but for now, ventilation is not a problem. That is what the big holes on the SprintSkin side are for - take care of that problem. The heel cup is higher, so you feel less secure? Makes no sense. Lower heel cup=less stability. Higher heel cup will hold your foot better. There is no more cushioning than in any other adidas, so stability is not sacrificed there at all. Matter of fact, ist is one of the lowest-to-the-court shoes out there, topped only by the Rose 1.0 and maybe the Kobe VI, but if so not by much.

As for the Black Ice to Rose comparison, I haven't played in the Ice lows yet, but comparing to the mids, they actually feel very similar. If you need a definite opinion, I say go with what you know - if you like adidas get them, but the Black Ice are very nice shoes. One of my tops of the year. Don;t be scared because they are UA - they hit the marks on this one.

Originally Posted by duke4005

Can't wait for the review.  Thanks for the feedback.  I went with the 1.5's since the black ice are discount inelgible.  the reviews and comparisons are pretty close with these two shoes so far.  If it wasn't for the discount difference, I probably would have boiled it down to who the better player endorser is.  Rose over Jennings haha

Can't wait for the review.  Thanks for the feedback.  I went with the 1.5's since the black ice are discount inelgible.  the reviews and comparisons are pretty close with these two shoes so far.  If it wasn't for the discount difference, I probably would have boiled it down to who the better player endorser is.  Rose over Jennings haha

Sorry, I didn't know how to describe it well, not the heel cup higher, but it wasn't as low to the floor is what I meant. I've only worn KB VI's, V's, IV's, HD's 08, and Hyperfuses over the last 2-3 years, and I feel as though the VI's and V's were lower, and that it'd hold my heel in place better (which was what I meant by lower, sorry) and I never wore the Rose 1.0's as I said. The only other adidas shoe I was able to compare them with was the tb 07 pro models I had, and compared to those. there was a lot more cushioning. It's my first time reviewing a shoe, cause I couldn't really find on the 1.5's out there, so I was just trying to help people who may have been like me out.

Personally, I still didn't think the ventilation was as good as some of the other shoes I said above, (beat the HD's, and felt the same around the IV's maybe a bit less, but I feel as though the V's-VI's were more breathable), it's not a huge con to my list, but it's still one of the things I wished were a little better (Once again, my opinion). And maybe it was cause it was only the third day wearing them (They probably need to be broken in), maybe we're just different on our point of view of how good ventilation is?

I also didn't think the cilia grip was as amazing as I thought it'd be out of the box. On a scale of 1-10 (KB IV's being the 10 imo) I'd say these were an 8. There were few times ( I only ran around 5-6 games with these) when I extended for a board, and as I came down, it would feel as though the shoe slid, and occasionally, times when I drove it and crossed, it would slide a little, so I wouldn't want to go as fast as I could cause I felt as though I'd might fall. Wasn't the cleanest court in the world I was playing on, it was a little bit dusty, but still I never really had a slippage problem with the IV's-VI's (There were a little with the V's and VI's initially breaking them in, especially the ones with the clear soles, but for them, after a few games it wasn't a factor at all, hopefully the Rose's just have to be worn a little more) on this court so it's comparing it to them. I don't know if changing the insoles would make a difference on the motion pods, cause I swapped the original ones with the spenco ones (there were whirls where the motion pods were on the insoles of the original ones) but maybe that may have caused me to miss a bit of the motion pod experience? I didn't think so, but maybe I'll try it with the original insoles to see how it feels.

Ankle support was really good, I think you'd be fine wearing these without braces, if you lace them up high and tight. Heel wasn't held as tight as the Kobe line, but it wasn't horrid, and I was probably taking that for granted, I'm not super experienced in other shoes so I'm not sure how the heel being held in place compares to other brands. But for the price of being 50 dollars cheaper than the Kobe VI's, I would say these are a really nice pair of shoes to pick up. I'll have to hoop in them a bit more and hope to that the traction starts to build up before I really decide how good they are in comparison to the other shoes I've worn. So the biggest vice's for me right now are traction&vent. Cushioning not really a problem, but I think I still prefer zoom shoes over these. But overall, as I reiterated before, these are a nice pair of shoes to pick up, probably an 8.2-8.5/10 for me.

PS. I really want to know more about the Black Ice too, so if you can leave a review..
smile.gif

Sorry, I didn't know how to describe it well, not the heel cup higher, but it wasn't as low to the floor is what I meant. I've only worn KB VI's, V's, IV's, HD's 08, and Hyperfuses over the last 2-3 years, and I feel as though the VI's and V's were lower, and that it'd hold my heel in place better (which was what I meant by lower, sorry) and I never wore the Rose 1.0's as I said. The only other adidas shoe I was able to compare them with was the tb 07 pro models I had, and compared to those. there was a lot more cushioning. It's my first time reviewing a shoe, cause I couldn't really find on the 1.5's out there, so I was just trying to help people who may have been like me out.

Personally, I still didn't think the ventilation was as good as some of the other shoes I said above, (beat the HD's, and felt the same around the IV's maybe a bit less, but I feel as though the V's-VI's were more breathable), it's not a huge con to my list, but it's still one of the things I wished were a little better (Once again, my opinion). And maybe it was cause it was only the third day wearing them (They probably need to be broken in), maybe we're just different on our point of view of how good ventilation is?

I also didn't think the cilia grip was as amazing as I thought it'd be out of the box. On a scale of 1-10 (KB IV's being the 10 imo) I'd say these were an 8. There were few times ( I only ran around 5-6 games with these) when I extended for a board, and as I came down, it would feel as though the shoe slid, and occasionally, times when I drove it and crossed, it would slide a little, so I wouldn't want to go as fast as I could cause I felt as though I'd might fall. Wasn't the cleanest court in the world I was playing on, it was a little bit dusty, but still I never really had a slippage problem with the IV's-VI's (There were a little with the V's and VI's initially breaking them in, especially the ones with the clear soles, but for them, after a few games it wasn't a factor at all, hopefully the Rose's just have to be worn a little more) on this court so it's comparing it to them. I don't know if changing the insoles would make a difference on the motion pods, cause I swapped the original ones with the spenco ones (there were whirls where the motion pods were on the insoles of the original ones) but maybe that may have caused me to miss a bit of the motion pod experience? I didn't think so, but maybe I'll try it with the original insoles to see how it feels.

Ankle support was really good, I think you'd be fine wearing these without braces, if you lace them up high and tight. Heel wasn't held as tight as the Kobe line, but it wasn't horrid, and I was probably taking that for granted, I'm not super experienced in other shoes so I'm not sure how the heel being held in place compares to other brands. But for the price of being 50 dollars cheaper than the Kobe VI's, I would say these are a really nice pair of shoes to pick up. I'll have to hoop in them a bit more and hope to that the traction starts to build up before I really decide how good they are in comparison to the other shoes I've worn. So the biggest vice's for me right now are traction&vent. Cushioning not really a problem, but I think I still prefer zoom shoes over these. But overall, as I reiterated before, these are a nice pair of shoes to pick up, probably an 8.2-8.5/10 for me.

PS. I really want to know more about the Black Ice too, so if you can leave a review..
smile.gif

Agree on the ventiliation. Some people. honestly, just have sweatier feet. Gross, exactly, but true. On the traction, I can say, the Kobe IV is tops among most modern shoes, but if they are a 10, on the clean, indoor court I play on, the Rose is a 9.9. Overall, though, good comments and very good initial review. You really seem to have a grasp on the functions and purpose of a shoe. Looking very forward to talking to you about your (and my) next reviews.

As for the Black Ice, check out Counterkicks.com for my review over there. http://counterkicks.com/2...rmour-micro-g-black-ice/

Agree on the ventiliation. Some people. honestly, just have sweatier feet. Gross, exactly, but true. On the traction, I can say, the Kobe IV is tops among most modern shoes, but if they are a 10, on the clean, indoor court I play on, the Rose is a 9.9. Overall, though, good comments and very good initial review. You really seem to have a grasp on the functions and purpose of a shoe. Looking very forward to talking to you about your (and my) next reviews.

As for the Black Ice, check out Counterkicks.com for my review over there. http://counterkicks.com/2...rmour-micro-g-black-ice/

Does anyone know where I can purchase the Rose online?? Seems like eastbay has been sold out for a while and same with the adidas site.

Does anyone know where I can purchase the Rose online?? Seems like eastbay has been sold out for a while and same with the adidas site.

I had been Nike fan since my 1st pair of basketball shoes, but been getting tired of zoom bottom out fast. Currently been rotating AJ2011, CP3 III & ZKB V. This adizero rose been catching my eye since it came out, last weekend I had tried out the rose 1.0 & crazylight in store. Crazylight seems to have softer cushioning but i still love the rose 1.0 overall feel. Didn't try on the 1.5 since i don't really like the looks of it. 
Before I make the purchase, just wonder is there any difference between the black & white version? The side material of black one looks like sprintskin for both side, whereas white one looks like leather on one side, sprint skin on the other side. 

One more concern is on the cushioning, seems real hard compare to zoom. But anywhere I'll give it a try, this will be my first adidas shoes 
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom