Adidas ADIZERO ROSE review

^^ Same here.  Looks wise, the 1.5 doesn't look as sleek as the 1's.  Seems like they went away from the geo fit around the ankle and went more padding and plush.  I can only guess, a little more bounce. 

^^ Same here.  Looks wise, the 1.5 doesn't look as sleek as the 1's.  Seems like they went away from the geo fit around the ankle and went more padding and plush.  I can only guess, a little more bounce. 

Originally Posted by BallRN23

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

Just picked these up. Performance beasts. I wouldn't be worried about knee issues.

Please elaborate.  I'm just wondering. 
The cushioning, and PureMotion setup is well balanced, so even though they use a very, very low to the ground setup, and compressed cushioning(that's why it isn't a very obvious casual weekend ballers shoe), the extra flexibility, and freedom of motion, reduces the initial strain a 'conventional' shoe would put on your legs, balancing things out.
So unless you have a horrendous gait, or crooked legs(that need correction), which would get highlighted by the freedom of motion of course, these don't put any extra strain on your knees, or legs.

Just picked these up. Performance beasts. I wouldn't be worried about knee issues.

The cushioning, and PureMotion setup is well balanced, so even though they use a very, very low to the ground setup, and compressed cushioning(that's why it isn't a very obvious casual weekend ballers shoe), the extra flexibility, and freedom of motion, reduces the initial strain a 'conventional' shoe would put on your legs, balancing things out.
So unless you have a horrendous gait, or crooked legs(that need correction), which would get highlighted by the freedom of motion of course, these don't put any extra strain on your knees, or legs.

Originally Posted by Nene33

Interesting.  Thank you.

Originally Posted by Nene33

Interesting.  Thank you.

I LOVE these, sooooo comfortable.

eek.gif

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Did not know they were struggling so badly nation-wide. These hitting discounts anywhere? Like someone said earlier, I'm not putting down 3 bills for Adidas.
How do you know they're struggling to sell nation-wide?  Do you have numbers on that or are you getting that from this thread?

And 3 bills?  Are you going to buy 3 pairs?

The good thing about these is that when they do go on sale, they'll be $80 or so.  Higher priced shoes go on sale and still cost more than these do at full retail.
Mostly this thread/industry friends. You'd be pretty surprised at how accurate of a gauge NT can be for shoes. 

They're selling pretty well here. 
MOST sizes are sold out in Mens, the city has almost COMPLETELY sold out of the Blk/Red colorway in Kids size.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Did not know they were struggling so badly nation-wide. These hitting discounts anywhere? Like someone said earlier, I'm not putting down 3 bills for Adidas.
How do you know they're struggling to sell nation-wide?  Do you have numbers on that or are you getting that from this thread?

And 3 bills?  Are you going to buy 3 pairs?

The good thing about these is that when they do go on sale, they'll be $80 or so.  Higher priced shoes go on sale and still cost more than these do at full retail.
Mostly this thread/industry friends. You'd be pretty surprised at how accurate of a gauge NT can be for shoes. 

They're selling pretty well here. 
MOST sizes are sold out in Mens, the city has almost COMPLETELY sold out of the Blk/Red colorway in Kids size.

I rolled my ankle before and quite afraid on wearing shoes without ankle wrap. Do you guys think this shoe blend well with ankle wrap or just wear this without ankle wrap?

Thanks!

I rolled my ankle before and quite afraid on wearing shoes without ankle wrap. Do you guys think this shoe blend well with ankle wrap or just wear this without ankle wrap?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by stabilz

Thanks!

They'll do great with an ankle wrap, the design is actually based on being worn with a brace(Rose always wears his SpeedWraps in his of course), the shoe itself has good support(a lot of the 'softer players' whined about the collar being too firm), so it's a very safe, and in control shoe, the PureMotion promotes natural balance(so unlike conventional shoes, it isn't all, or nothing, when you land on the far edge of the sole) and the SprintFrame really holds the ankle, high-ankle, and mid-foot all the way to the front of the arch, so it's very much geared at maintaining balance, and support, but it maximizes on staying fast.

@ BallRN23, no problem. 

Originally Posted by stabilz

Thanks!

They'll do great with an ankle wrap, the design is actually based on being worn with a brace(Rose always wears his SpeedWraps in his of course), the shoe itself has good support(a lot of the 'softer players' whined about the collar being too firm), so it's a very safe, and in control shoe, the PureMotion promotes natural balance(so unlike conventional shoes, it isn't all, or nothing, when you land on the far edge of the sole) and the SprintFrame really holds the ankle, high-ankle, and mid-foot all the way to the front of the arch, so it's very much geared at maintaining balance, and support, but it maximizes on staying fast.

@ BallRN23, no problem. 

@Nene33, thanks alot for the reply. With upcoming release of Adizero Rose 1.5, I'm having a problem whether to cop this or wait for the 1.5 to release.
frown.gif

@Nene33, thanks alot for the reply. With upcoming release of Adizero Rose 1.5, I'm having a problem whether to cop this or wait for the 1.5 to release.
frown.gif

Been playing in these for a week now

Overall Great Shoe!

Light
Secure
Great Traction
Snug

Only cons i have is like stated before, cushioning could be better, but its fixable

But one real problem i had was with the geo fits, i like to tie up TIGHT and the geo fit was rubbing against the back of my ankles after about 2 hours of ball and i was
wearing double socks, maybe just gotta break em in i mean it was the first time today and i played 3 times in them prior

But still a GREAT GREAT shoe

Been playing in these for a week now

Overall Great Shoe!

Light
Secure
Great Traction
Snug

Only cons i have is like stated before, cushioning could be better, but its fixable

But one real problem i had was with the geo fits, i like to tie up TIGHT and the geo fit was rubbing against the back of my ankles after about 2 hours of ball and i was
wearing double socks, maybe just gotta break em in i mean it was the first time today and i played 3 times in them prior

But still a GREAT GREAT shoe

Finally pulled the trigger! Bought it for RM450 which is about USD147. Yeah I know its abit ripoff here but its better than ordering because I can actually try it on first and see how it feels in my feet before buying it. Surprisingly, its the last pair of my size (US10.5) so I asked them to call other Adidas stores around the city and even worse, they dont have my size anymore. So I have to bought it even though I can see that the pair have been tried on by other customer.
frown.gif

Straight wear them for my weekly basketball session just now, and I would say it fits really well. I dont know why others said that it doesn't provide enough cushioning but I think this shoe have enough cushioning in them. As stated above, I always use my ankle wrap when playing basketball and wearing this shoe, I felt a little uncomfortable at first 10 minutes of playing but after I readjust the tightness of my ankle wrap, its all good. I cant barely feel my ankle wrap and the geo-fit strap thing really hold my ankle really well in fact I dont even roll my ankle although I accidentally landed on someone feet.

Anyway, I agreed that for those who like to wear super-low socks, this shoe doesn't really fit you guys because of the geo-fit strap will rub your ankle area. Another thing is I just feel that the laces should be longer. The laces that comes with the shoe are little bit short for me. Maybe its just me. Overall I will give this shoe two thumbs up and the fact that it really live up to what they claim. Good job Adidas!!!

Finally pulled the trigger! Bought it for RM450 which is about USD147. Yeah I know its abit ripoff here but its better than ordering because I can actually try it on first and see how it feels in my feet before buying it. Surprisingly, its the last pair of my size (US10.5) so I asked them to call other Adidas stores around the city and even worse, they dont have my size anymore. So I have to bought it even though I can see that the pair have been tried on by other customer.
frown.gif

Straight wear them for my weekly basketball session just now, and I would say it fits really well. I dont know why others said that it doesn't provide enough cushioning but I think this shoe have enough cushioning in them. As stated above, I always use my ankle wrap when playing basketball and wearing this shoe, I felt a little uncomfortable at first 10 minutes of playing but after I readjust the tightness of my ankle wrap, its all good. I cant barely feel my ankle wrap and the geo-fit strap thing really hold my ankle really well in fact I dont even roll my ankle although I accidentally landed on someone feet.

Anyway, I agreed that for those who like to wear super-low socks, this shoe doesn't really fit you guys because of the geo-fit strap will rub your ankle area. Another thing is I just feel that the laces should be longer. The laces that comes with the shoe are little bit short for me. Maybe its just me. Overall I will give this shoe two thumbs up and the fact that it really live up to what they claim. Good job Adidas!!!

Back
Top Bottom