ADVICE: 38 YEARS OLD W/ J 'S........

I'm 30 and it yet it seems as though I don't see a slowing period coming, maybe once I have a wife and child, but even then, I would sell of stuff Idon't wear or see myself wearing in the near future, while still keeping some heat on reserve.

I'm 24 and I stopped collecting. As much as I wanted to keep my shoes and keep going, I couldn't. I realized that J's would keep on coming and mymoney would be lost. I say stop and save your money for your family.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by AirMichaelJordan23

I'm 24 and I stopped collecting. As much as I wanted to keep my shoes and keep going, I couldn't. I realized that J's would keep on coming and my money would be lost. I say stop and save your money for your family.
smile.gif
Yet you are still here.
smile.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

I'm also 24, but I started being more selective, I prioritized.

kep the ones you absolutely love and/or gonna wear. sell the rest. im in the exact same boat and after much thought thats what im doin.

Honestly, I know a bunch of people who are in this situation, but it's more than a hobby, it's not just something you turn off. My old basketball coachwears his heat to church, and he's 50+ and white! so it's on you, but I'm planning on passing my on to my kids haha

I Only Cop Em If I'd Rock Em. . I Don't Buy Stuff Cuz Every1 Is Amped Off It. .. But I'd Keep Going If I Where You.

I think that if your priorities are straight and you're taking good care of your family, there's no reason to stop doing something you love.

Never give it up..fall back a little if you have a kid and financial problems, but don't sell your shoes..that is like selling your soul, or throwing awayyour childhood memories.

give it to your son, itll be much higher in value at his age.just take good care of them.

you could stop right now and just rotate everything in your collection.

or keep going, as long as your family straight and bills are paid.

Keep the ones you love and sell what you can live without. Im 29 and have gone from about 250 pairs down to about 140 now. I miss a few but it was just outof control and the wife hates how much room they take up. For some reason she hates my thunder and lightning 4's the most and she makes a point of it butoh well. But if you need the cash start downsizing

if its your passion go for it dont let age get in the way but also be selective

well my dad is 42 and he cops more jays then me so i think you should let go of what you dont really need and keep what you like/love

28 here I don't think I'll ever stop either, however unlike most I do wear mine and don't plan on selling them.

Originally Posted by Rick2345

well my dad is 42 and he cops more jays then me so i think you should let go of what you dont really need and keep what you like/love

Thats goin to be my son on here saying that in a few years...lol.. Just not that his Dads 42....

congratz to all the soon to be chained down members im seeing through out this thread......
smile.gif

I myself took the plunge 6 yrs ago ,for me it was the best choice ive ever made.......

Originally Posted by HobbyRockswiththewhitemilk

I know that I am no where near your age, but at 21 (personally) I see sneaker collecting as just a waste money. As of now I have 70 in my collection; Jordans, Brit knights, adidas, nike retro, nike sb. All of these pairs - apart from three - are complete crap to me. I really "can" continue living normally knowing that I still have black metallic V's, Grape V's, and 01' Black cement 3's in my arsenal. And besides, right now Jordan brand has just a' bunch crap coming out before autumn 09. So I'd say keep the sneakers you cherish the most; 20 plus "maybe," and sell the rest.
It depends on how you consider wasting your money. It's wasting your money if your doing for hypbeast purposes. Trying to fit in and saying"I have Jays". But if you're seriously addicted to shoes or jordans and you have a passion for them then its not a waste of money. For mostJay's bring back good memories of the 90's. For all the new Jay heads, to me most are hypebeast because they have no idea on what happened during the90's so they want to cop whats in. And you to have 70 pairs and call them all crap, to me you are a hypebeast. And now you realized that it was a waste ofmoney to cop.

You mine as well retire man, First comes fam then your kickz. Invested in a new home or something while we are in "Crisis"

DUDE 10x!!im 41 married with two adorable kids,been copping Jordans since 1987,i have all the OG's and some are retros(NO,Jumpman),im still into it i knowits getting expensive but hey, life is too short,have fun and make sure you wear ALL your Kicks.Its all up to you buddy,if you think its time to retire thensell all your shoes and move on with your life.Good luck and next you post,show us what you got(pictures)

I've done this myself, its hard to hang up, I've had A LOT of sneakers only to go out and look for them again, its an addiction. I have to say I seenothing wrong with collecting sneakers until your old and grey BUT, there does come a point where you need to evaluate your particular situation. If you haveample room to store these shoes and money isn't tight i don't see why you can't keep the shoes you really like.

Back
Top Bottom