"african american is the worst race in the world..dont blame the white man" vol boosie

Can you go to africa right now & visit family?

Do you even know what part of africa your ancestors are from?

So why should we be called african american? Because of something that happened 400+ yrs ago

Exactly my point. Have nothing against being called african, but there's not even a trace of african family relation for me on earth right now. Beyond the actual lack of blood relation, I dont celebrate the culture at all. Where does the "African" In African American come from?

My AA History professor was from Ethiopia and opened my eyes to how much of black culture in the US are not just remnants, but are directly from Africa. I agree that the term African American is a broad brush to paint ourselves with, but I don't think the debate is worth the time it takes to have. What we call ourselves is less important than our collective cause.

Imo, that cause should no longer be fair treatment by people that will never accept us. That's a huge waste of time. What we should focus on is spending our money between and among ourselves. We don't have to agree on one name or category. That's a far fetched idea for any group. What we can do is support an economic system for our benefit that makes us more of force to be reckoned with. If we can vote in unprecedented numbers and make or break an election like we did in 2012, we can definitely demand some respect by being more conscious of our spending habits.

Great post, group economics is key. That should always lead the agenda. Do for self.

Labels aside, we can work together and make things happen. There is more than one way to "label" a cat... Shout out to all the black American, African American, American dudes in here. I got love for all ya'll. We just gotta agree to disagree sometimes.

But I think "WE" can all agree "WE" here in America have great untapped potential.

Last edited:
Imo, that cause should no longer be fair treatment by people that will never accept us. That's a huge waste of time. What we should focus on is spending our money between and among ourselves. We don't have to agree on one name or category. That's a far fetched idea for any group. What we can do is support an economic system for our benefit that makes us more of force to be reckoned with. If we can vote in unprecedented numbers and make or break an election like we did in 2012, we can definitely demand some respect by being more conscious of our spending habits.
Agreed. We need to stop trying to fit in and do our own thing. We'd be better off. But we're still seeking acceptance for some reason.

Last edited:

You probably have a lot more connections with African culture than you know. A lot of what the slaves brought over here are remnants of African culture. From the hair styles, to the dance, even how we conduct church.

I personally don't feel I am disrespecting native Africans when I call myself African. If a native African feels disrespect it just shows their ignorance and colonized mindset. My ancestors who went through slavery earned the right for me the right to claim my African ancestry.

In fact, I hope that by embracing our African ancestry that is something that brings us together with those native Africans. We need to be working together anyway, becasue last time I checked we are both being screwed over.
My AA History professor was from Ethiopia and opened my eyes to how much of black culture in the US are not just remnants, but are directly from Africa. I agree that the term African American is a broad brush to paint ourselves with, but I don't think the debate is worth the time it takes to have. What we call ourselves is less important than our collective cause.

real **** 

I actually go outta my way to support black owned businesses. I will say some struggle in the customer service department but there's some around my area that achieve that 

edit: also black people need to stop expecting a "hook up" when dealing with a black business. They get mad then run to a business owned by the dominant and spend the same if not more. crazy how enslaved some are mentally 

Last edited:
Master Zik Master Zik
So African American is too much of a blanket approach, yet you subscribe to being called American..
Well no. It's not a subscription. I guess we'll see this differently but I am American by definition. I was born here. It's merely a nationality identifier.

I don't hold back about America though. It's a country that was filled with it's natives who were tricked and then wiped out by Europeans, then my ancestors were brought here as property to build the infrastructure of the country.

My history was buried, torn asunder by the African diaspora.

... which is just as ambiguous
It's not ambiguous cuz I don't see it the same way as you do.

I don't agree with the label of AA cuz I feel it's just another given name in the long list of given names by those that want to feel better about what they've done, what their ancestors ohavedone, and what they continue to do.
and whose origins have ties to Europeans. The same Europeans also gave YOU the term American, they gave US the English language, they gave US their religion. Do you reject those as well?
As far as the connection to Europeans, there obviously is one. I don't deny or reject that.

Seems like "black folks" continue to bring up any excuse in the book to avoid being an African.
If that's how you want to see it fine funny how you didn't wait for me to answer to jump to this conclusion though.

If you want to talk to a black American that openly denies their African heritage and ancestry well I aint the one. African American to me tries to pass it off like I'm no different than any other Italian American or German American whose family came here by choice or were amongst those desperate to come to america for freedom

The fact is our history and culture have been raped and robbed, appropriated by others for trends, social status, materialistic ends, and other culturally vapid reasons so I can't completely fault a black person in not identifying with that label. Especially when unfortunately the countries in Africa are just as foreign to them as the countries in Asia. This is the result of hundreds of years of oppression.
What should we chose to call ourselves then? Because "American" don't past your litmus test either.
I'm fine with just black or black man and black woman not including the plural of "blacks", black American, black kings and queens sounds good, I'd even prefer the historically correct Paul Mooney suggestion of stolen African.

Lastly, you are right... simply calling ourselves African American is not something that means you're culturally aware... but its a start. And I will continue to lump Boosie with Raven Symone on this matter becasue they both equally ignorant and culturally lost
Hey man if you want to lump ppl together without understanding the differences then that's you. There's different levels of ignorance which you and I both haven't escaped from yet. I just don't see the point in pretending those two are in the same boat when it comes to these topics.

Last edited:
You probably have a lot more connections with African culture than you know. A lot of what the slaves brought over here are remnants of African culture. From the hair styles, to the dance, even how we conduct church.

I personally don't feel I am disrespecting native Africans when I call myself African. If a native African feels disrespect it just shows their ignorance and colonized mindset. My ancestors who went through slavery earned the right for me the right to claim my African ancestry.

In fact, I hope that by embracing our African ancestry that is something that brings us together with those native Africans. We need to be working together anyway, becasue last time I checked we are both being screwed over.

If I could rep this **** 10x I would :smokin

real **** 

I actually go outta my way to support black owned businesses. I will say some struggle in the customer service department but there's some around my area that achieve that 

edit: also black people need to stop expecting a "hook up" when dealing with a black business. They get mad then run to a business owned by the dominant and spend the same if not more. crazy how enslaved some are mentally 

Same with me. It's actually a lot of black owned Caribbean and Soul Food Spots I frequent. Even got a few vegan spots that sell Ital food. There are also a few people I go to for fresh fruit and vegitable juices. So good...

Lawn care services, car washes, hair care spots, tax/finance services, t-shirt vendors at the flea market, Caribbean/Black owned grocery stores, etc... All get my support. As long as they are competitive and show some hustle they get my business. If they are slacking I try to converse with them and give my opinion on what they may wanna do next time... only after I purchase from them. Can't give criticism and not support the cause.

Its also important to make sure my friends/family know about these places in the city. Its about controlling your sphere of influence to get things done.

Those expecting the hook up are leeches, too lazy to get their own stuff popping and all too willing to support something that does nothing for them.

Much respect Master Zik Master Zik

Last edited:
Same with me. It's actually a lot of black owned Caribbean and Soul Food Spots I frequent. Even got a few vegan spots that sell Ital food. There are also a few people I go to for fresh fruit and vegitable juices. So good...

Lawn care services, car washes, hair care spots, tax/finance services, t-shirt vendors at the flea market, Caribbean/Black owned grocery stores, etc... All get my support. As long as they are competitive and show some hustle they get my business. If they are slacking I try to converse with them and give my opinion on what they may wanna do next time... only after I purchase from them. Can't give criticism and not support the cause.

Its also important to make sure my friends/family know about these places in the city. Its about controlling your sphere of influence to get things done.

Those expecting the hook up are leeches, too lazy to get their own stuff popping and all too willing to support something that does nothing for them.

Much respect @Master Zik
Where is this place?

Even the lawn care services are Latinos in Leimert Park. It's rare you see Black landscapers. They're more out in Compton, not LA.

You can argue until you're blue in the face about what u want to be called but best believe the dominant culture lumps all of us together in the same category.

Fools think because they don't consider themselves ________ that somehow they're going to get special treatment compared to everybody else....nope.

Exactly. If you wanna be known as w/e you better keep your *** in that country or around your people because the dominant grouping us all together whether you like it or not. You can shuck and jive all you want to be looked at differently and they'll still call you a ***** amongst their circle. Sad but true.

Instead of trying to appease them we all need to come together and embrace each other's cultures and upbringings. Biologically we're closer to each other then we are to them no matter how separated we became through the slave trade.

Great post, group economics is key. That should always lead the agenda. Do for self.

Labels aside, we can work together and make things happen. There is more than one way to "label" a cat... Shout out to all the black American, African American, American dudes in here. I got love for all ya'll. We just gotta agree to disagree sometimes.

But I think "WE" can all agree "WE" here in America have great untapped potential.

"They" love our culture and we give it away for free. We need to start charging and YES we can do that. It goes beyond music and entertainment. We have to start thinking outside of the box and carve a new lane. That's the **** I'm on. I came to the conclusion that the corporate world will never be for me after years of working and being unhappy. We CAN do us and get paid for that. With that money we can set up our own businesses that serve each other. It's a long term goal, but we have to start thinking about our grandchildren.

How can I be African American? I have no link to any african lineage, I am not even remotely connected to african culture in any form, My great great grandparents aren't even african, I mean...it's just silly to me. Ultimately, I feel as though that "labeling" boils down to who you truly identify with and culture and background lineage determines that. One of my buddies in college is on vacation in africa right now, although he is american, he has the african culture, he eats the african food, he knows his african lineage, HE is my definition of an african american and if he's an African american, then there's no way I can be that.

Would much rather be called a black american or quite simply an american.

If only you got treated that way

:smh:

"They" love our culture and we give it away for free. We need to start charging and YES we can do that. It goes beyond music and entertainment. We have to start thinking outside of the box and carve a new lane. That's the **** I'm on. I came to the conclusion that the corporate world will never be for me after years of working and being unhappy. We CAN do us and get paid for that. With that money we can set up our own businesses that serve each other. It's a long term goal, but we have to start thinking about our grandchildren.

Sadly our culture is the epitome of crabs in a bucket

Sadly our culture is the epitome of crabs in a bucket

You have the worst mentality I've come across in a long time. I know when I do well, I get congratulated by my family and friends. Maybe you need to change your circle because it's taking a toll on the way you see things.

Did we all come together to throw shade on Obama when he ran for office and won? Given your outlook, that would have been a great time to show how we never want to see our people succeed, right? A black man in the highest political office (let's not derail this with the figurehead discussion, because we all know that already) should have brought out all of the hate, right? In 2012 black people voted more than white people to SUPPORT a black man. So what you're saying is garbage I don't want to hear. It's just not true. You have been conditioned to think a certain way and it would serve you well to break that conditioning. Not for anyone else but yourself.

Last edited:
You have the worst mentality I've come across in a long time. I know when I do well, I get congratulated by my family and friends. Maybe you need to change your circle because it's taking a toll on the way you see things.

Did we all come together to throw shade on Obama when he ran for office and won? Given your outlook, that would have been a great time to show how we never want to see our people succeed, right? A black man in the highest political office (let's not derail this with the figurehead discussion, because we all know that already) should have brought out all of the hate, right? In 2012 black people voted more than white people to SUPPORT a black man. So what you're saying is garbage I don't want to hear. It's just not true. You have been conditioned to think a certain way and it would serve you well to break that conditioning. Not for anyone else but yourself.

This.

What good does it do to stay trapped in a negative mindset? Can't spew negativity and expect people to treat you in a positive manner.

So just because your friends & family congratulate you means blacks dont have that crab in a bucket mentality :lol:

Just because more blacks voted than whites means they all voted for obama :lol:

Show me the proof

So just because your friends & family congratulate you means blacks dont have that crab in a bucket mentality
laugh.gif

Just because more blacks voted than whites means they all voted for obama
laugh.gif

Show me the proof
More than 90% voted for Obama. Which is damn near all.

Nah. I'm cool.

Negative people like you feed off that vibe and I'm good on debating you potna. You'd love for those around you to share your vision, but we'll never see eye to eye, so what's the point? Your reality is already set.

I'll make mine, while you accept yours.

Last edited:
If blacks really supported eachother

Why does it take for the media to hype up a murder for us to get together & rally for justice?

When the **** happens everyday but once cnn hypes it now blacks wanna get on camera & riot

This.

What good does it do to stay trapped in a negative mindset? Can't spew negativity and expect people to treat you in a positive manner.

Son has that "Well what about black on black crime" mindset. Those type of dudes are a lost cause.

But since we voted for a half negro for a 2nd term we support eachother, when the dude hasnt done anything to even help his own city but wanna go to war :smh:

But he gave us obamacare right?

If blacks really supported eachother

Why does it take for the media to hype up a murder for us to get together & rally for justice?

When the **** happens everyday but once cnn hypes it now blacks wanna get on camera & riot
ferguson was getting live before it even touched mainstream media

you sound foolish. you're the type of black I avoid.

Back
Top Bottom