AIR JORDAN 11 “GRATITUDE” / THANK YOU - 12/09/2023

Why do some of you seek the approval of young people in order to validate how great the 11s are? The same generation who were licking toilet seats and eating Tide pods for clout on Tik Tok? **** dem kids.

There’s a reason why the 11s come out every Christmas.

Kanye never wore 11s.

The younger generation didnt see Mike play and they don't connect with the 11 the same way. It's just the shoe their parents and older siblings used to obsess over.
Exactly this.

A lot of younger people see 11s and an “old man’s shoes” or “washed sneakerhead kicks”

Travis didn’t release a hyped pair of AJ 11s like he did for 1s and 4s nor was there a hyped AJ 11 collab with Off-White, etc. Younger people simply don’t connect with the model like that. It also doesn’t help that it absolutely does not fit in very well with modern fashion trends either.

At the end of the day, wear what you like, but I can totally see a generational difference with the popularity of the AJ 11s.

Why do some of you seek the approval of young people in order to validate how great the 11s are? The same generation who were licking toilet seats and eating Tide pods for clout on Tik Tok? **** dem kids.

Lol c’mon fam, count the releases of AJ 1s and AJ 4s and compare to the releases of the holiday 11s-they sell FAR more pairs overall of the former two models in any given year.

11,s are one of those types of shoes that look good on court, but they seem to only look good whenever street cats wear them a certain way. Not to sound racist, but alot of people can't pull 11,s off because they're a LOUD shoe to begin with, because of the amount of patent leather thats on them. It's definitely not a shoe that you can throw on with just about anything like 1 - 8.

They look better with jeans, or any pants or sweats that are lose at the bottom in my opinion. Ive seen people make 11,s look like trash,but ive also seen people who made me double back to get certain Colorways. It ultimately depends on who wears them and if they have style, mostly the street cats are pulling them off.

Skinny jeans while choking them out with the laces is not the business. Let them breath a little bit while the laces are loose, with some pants that are loose around the ankles. I know that im a get some flak about my opinion, because we all have one, but choking 11,s out is not the business.

Also, when it comes to Kanye's opinion on style and fashion, he's no where near what he was before 2017 right now. Alot of us know he's just cruise control, while depending on the legacy that he's built from year's ago. But you best believe if Kanye wore 11,s for a few months straight with some sweatpants or leather pants, everybody in sneaker culture would crown 11,s as the new it shoe.

since around 2016 2017 the whole 90s grunge look came back..the more idgaf relaxed look...vintage shirts.....its slowly turned into a y2k thing also with baggier pants and cargos popping again. i dont follow trends but i see it with my eyes. 11s dont look good when trying to have that "look"....its all about the dusty 1s..3..4s..those shoes ..beat up fit the whole style going on...you cant wear a beat up 11 lol looks kinda whack....trends come and go but an iconic shoe like the 11..doesnt need modern hype...they are timeless.

I would literally kill myself before licking a toilet seat.

…I’d rather die.

im so burnt out on 1s....3s..4s.....5s.. im starting to feel super hyped for 11s again lol for years those were the top level ..even tho they always sell out it seems they did lose hype somewhat..i never see ppl in the wild rockin em much after the holiday drop. same with lows..those used to be summer cook out legends lol ..i might end up going for these.... had sold all my 11s ...most were DS ....that save the last dance documentary made em all sky rocket that summer 2020....even used kicks was boomin for alot then. times have changed
After Chicago 1's Playoff 8's and Cherries 12 I think the older Og's is waitin for Taxis , Raptors and Concords to drop again then we'll all be done with shoes forever

Last edited:
There would be no 11 if there were no 3 and I bet Nike pushed for the cactus jack line to be on the earlier models because of how cheap they are to manufacture and how much of a price hike they could do with Scott’s name attached. XIs are my goat but that’s mostly due to nostalgia but the XI inspired most shoes after it.

I’m so in the fence about whether I want to try to get a pair of these.

It’s an iconic shoe and they do look pretty cool.

…but it’s not the kind of shoe I wear.
Yup, had every 11 from the last 10 years. Got rid of em all. Never wore them, would only of i still played basketball but then again i always wear performance shoes for ball

I kinda just want these because I always loved the DMP

Columbia’s need to drop with the high cut patent leather
they did the other two OG’s with the high cut.

I want the gratitudes but just got offered a pair of 100% authentic DS 2018 Concords for $250. Torn on which one to get. I don’t need both. The Concords are the holy grail but that leather on the gratitudes seems nice…debating what to do.

I want the gratitudes but just got offered a pair of 100% authentic DS 2018 Concords for $250. Torn on which one to get. I don’t need both. The Concords are the holy grail but that leather on the gratitudes seems nice…debating what to do.
I would snag em just simply cause its a first shoe of its kind with the all leather upper

You would be the only one that thinks they’re 100% authentic lol

Back
Top Bottom