Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

This was what I got on my 2019’s. Looks kinda like what they got hit with. I was able to clean it up so I kept them. Now I’m dying to know what the hell happened at the factory to where this could have happened. You’re the only other person I’ve seen post about this to date.
Yo, I used to sell ladies shoes and a lot of the rain boots would do this! We could never get it off ourselves and would just send them back as damaged smh

These days there’s really no point in LC’ing. The UA and fakes are too close to tell by pictures. Any variance still there between them can be chalked up to mass production QC.

Just buy from a legit source and you know you’re good.. or have a receipt come with it from a trusted source.

The shoes above look on par with the pair on the left. They don’t look identical.. hell none of the legit pairs are really identical and all the inconsistencies listed above can be found on pairs from Footsites and SNKRS.

yup!! I bought 2 pairs from NiketownSF and both weren’t identical. One pair the Jumpman differed from the other pair, the patent cut on one pair was a bit higher than the other and the shoe height overall were not a match.
I compared them to my SP pair and the differences were very noticeable as well.

This was what I got on my 2019’s. Looks kinda like what they got hit with. I was able to clean it up so I kept them. Now I’m dying to know what the hell happened at the factory to where this could have happened. You’re the only other person I’ve seen post about this to date.

You’re lucky you were able to clean yours he couldn’t clean his. From what he said he tried various methods and nothing. I haven’t heard anything about this same issue till now with yours.

No shoes should ever get shipped like this. I work for FCA, we ship to Asia and they refuse entire fleets of Jeeps for a single defect on one of them. Let's have the same energy when you ship your garbage over here.
20200112_153949.jpg

damn! and I thought my 23 was bad lol

Attachments

• 47CB35D8-E7E0-43D8-8854-B94D0DEB851B.jpeg
    47CB35D8-E7E0-43D8-8854-B94D0DEB851B.jpeg
    226.5 KB · Views: 71
You’re lucky you were able to clean yours he couldn’t clean his. From what he said he tried various methods and nothing. I haven’t heard anything about this same issue till now with yours.
Yeah I just used a natural chamois and some Jason Markk shoe cleaner. It took a little bit of work but seemed to turn out ok.

Attachments

• 327D94A2-A2D7-47D7-B5F3-9C92AFA7799F.jpeg
    327D94A2-A2D7-47D7-B5F3-9C92AFA7799F.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 105D4BC0-2A1F-470E-B834-4FAD4BCBE5A9.jpeg
    105D4BC0-2A1F-470E-B834-4FAD4BCBE5A9.jpeg
    264.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 12FA5D79-CEF7-41CC-96CC-D3F41AEFE1F5.jpeg
    12FA5D79-CEF7-41CC-96CC-D3F41AEFE1F5.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 330CB47A-0023-404F-AC62-1B1001F9F911.jpeg
    330CB47A-0023-404F-AC62-1B1001F9F911.jpeg
    392.5 KB · Views: 68
yup thats how my pair looks lol
I ended up using a natural chamois and Jason Markk shoe cleaner and it seemed to take care of it. I forgot to mention that one of the panels on the left or right shoe was perfectly shiny the way it should be and the rest of the shoe as well as the other shoe had that white haze all over. Check out the last picture I posted of the heel area and you’ll see what I mean. Weird.

BTW, I’m still not loving the grainy or orange peel like patent leather. I really wish they had made these smooth or glass like.

Attachments

• 862FD85D-39E4-4706-BD80-40D5EACA7E15.jpeg
    862FD85D-39E4-4706-BD80-40D5EACA7E15.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 902F9104-5DFF-4C8A-B773-C3264B43B88E.jpeg
    902F9104-5DFF-4C8A-B773-C3264B43B88E.jpeg
    264.3 KB · Views: 58
  • AB25FD90-5206-4689-8068-2FA815CA05DE.jpeg
    AB25FD90-5206-4689-8068-2FA815CA05DE.jpeg
    315.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 3EDFD70C-1BC7-4DA0-9942-A83D6F143225.jpeg
    3EDFD70C-1BC7-4DA0-9942-A83D6F143225.jpeg
    217.6 KB · Views: 190
I ended up using a natural chamois and Jason Markk shoe cleaner and it seemed to take care of it. I forgot to mention that one of the panels on the left or right shoe was perfectly shiny the way it should be and the rest of the shoe as well as the other shoe had that white haze all over. Check out the last picture I posted of the heel area and you’ll see what I mean. Weird.

BTW, I’m still not loving the grainy or orange peel like patent leather. I really wish they had made these smooth or glass like.

Do you have any micro scratches or anything after cleaning the patent leather? I try not to really clean mine (unless necessary) ever since one of my friends had his 2016 Space Jams cleaned at a shoe consignment shoe. He said under normal lights the PL looked perfect but under a flashlight at a certain angle he saw crazy amounts of micro scratches similar to a black car paint with swirls and scratches under sunlight. He wasn't sure if it came from the factory like that or was it from someone cleaning his shoe.

Do you have any micro scratches or anything after cleaning the patent leather? I try not to really clean mine (unless necessary) ever since one of my friends had his 2016 Space Jams cleaned at a shoe consignment shoe. He said under normal lights the PL looked perfect but under a flashlight at a certain angle he saw crazy amounts of micro scratches similar to a black car paint with swirls and scratches under sunlight. He wasn't sure if it came from the factory like that or was it from someone cleaning his shoe.
I’m not sure, I’m about to hit the rack for the night but I’ll take a look when I get home from work tomorrow and will post pics because now I’m curious. I bought one of the softest materials/natural materials I could find before I attempted it due to the fact that I know it can scratch easily and I woulda been pissed if I scratched it up trying to clean it.

I’m not sure, I’m about to hit the rack for the night but I’ll take a look when I get home from work tomorrow and will post pics because now I’m curious. I bought one of the softest materials/natural materials I could find before I attempted it due to the fact that I know it can scratch easily and I woulda been pissed if I scratched it up trying to clean it.
If any of us looks at our shoes pl that hard, we are all gonna be pissed.

Man we gotta stop microscopically looking for every loose thread/misstitch, miscut PL, and NIPPLES on midsole... I've seen so many blk/red Jay's around my way and even standing close by I couldn't see any of the imperfections spoken on here...

Take my Blk/Red 11s from the early drop. One of my Jumpmans have a flattop...LOL I know it's there but it's not noticeably seen. Nothing for me to gripe about either...

20191119_131444.jpg

Man we gotta stop microscopically looking for every loose thread/misstitch, miscut PL, and NIPPLES on midsole... I've seen so many blk/red Jay's around my way and even standing close by I couldn't see any of the imperfections spoken on here...

Take my Blk/Red 11s from the early drop. One of my Jumpmans have a flattop...LOL I know it's there but it's not noticeably seen. Nothing for me to gripe about either...

20191119_131444.jpg

For someone who's telling everyone to stop microscopically looking for imperfections, you spotting that flattop Jumpman is the highest definition of microscoping aka inspector gadgeting it lol. I would never have noticed that, at least scuffs, mis match PL and nipples are way more obvious and noticeable to the eye lol.

For someone who's telling everyone to stop microscopically looking for imperfections, you spotting that flattop Jumpman is the highest definition of microscoping aka inspector gadgeting it lol. I would never have noticed that, at least scuffs, mis match PL and nipples are way more obvious and noticeable to the eye lol.

Not really... Didnt even notice this until I read everyone saying their pairs have inconsistencies on them. I've taken so many other pics of them unpon arrival. I even look them over just admiring them and didnt even pay the jumpmans any attention. Only noticeable thing was the nipples. I didnt even notice the orange peel PL but didnt care to look.

I say all this because it wasnt until I went back and REALLY focus and compared the 2 shoes... Been rockin mine with no worries...

Man, I'm not even gonna lie. I'm inspector gadget 100%. So I can't fault anyone here for being the same. It's why I like this place. But I gotta be honest, I think most of us here start noticing things because we feed of each other. I usually have to go back a few times & look at certain details I didn't notice untill someone on here mentions it. It's like an ecosystem for ocd.

Back
Top Bottom