Air Jordan 12 Retro Rising Sun White/Black-Varsity Red

Same thing in Canada.

The Jordan Brand is delaying the October 24th launch of the Air Jordan XII Retro collection of footwear and accessories.
This product is not approved for sale at retail until further notice.
The Jordan Brand will provide a new launch date for the Air Jordan XII Retro collection very soon.
Please ensure that this 10/24 launch product is not put on display or made available for purchase.
We apologize for this inconvenience and will be providing further direction on the product launch very soon.

delayed? I called my local store and they said they have 2 FSR and for me to come by on SAT 930ish to get my pair. I will call again to make sure I guess.

i was on the fence about these....just seein the pics...i probably wont cop. ill just wait for the white/red 12s...maybe the flu game 12s too.

These will probably sit on shelves like the Nubuck's. I could imagine them getting discounted multiple times as well. I would be more concerned about theFlu Game 12's and especially the White/Varsity Red 12's.

There is nothing wrong with the insole performance wise, its what is on the insole that is causing a delay

I bet they are delayed to increase hype on the shoe, and then more people will want them because WOW they're delayed now I WANT EM'....

the moms and pops will now be able to sell those pairs that have been on shelves, and major retailers will be able to get off those pairs becasue they areXII's and they were "delayed"

Originally Posted by SNEAKERCHIC

There is nothing wrong with the insole performance wise, its what is on the insole that is causing a delay
Do you mean the design? Is there something wrong with the paint?

I'm asking because I planned on purchasing them this weekend....

Originally Posted by SNEAKERCHIC

it's because of the Japanese symbol which I think is a millitary symbol.

If you really need to cop on RD just visit your local Mom & Pop or cop off an internet site. No big deal unlessyou're sitting on a gift card/coupon at a big box retailer or were getting a hookup...

The Rising Sun Flag is the military flag of Japan[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rising_Sun_Flag#cite_note-FS-0[/sup]. It was used as the ensign of the Imperial Japanese Navy and thewar flag of the Imperial Japanese Army until the end of World War II.It is also presently the ensign of the JapanMaritime Self-Defense Force and the war flag of the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force. It is also waved during the Japanese New Year and in sporting events.

Nike has recalled the Jordan 12 "Rising Sun" until further notice due to the logo on the insoles.
buy_japan_rising_sun_flag.gif

The Japanese feel it is disrespectful to be "walking" on their flag. One option is that Nike would send every store new replacement insoles and movethe release date to sometime in November. So far that is all the information i have. But there is no such thing as "Bad Press" so if they doeventually release expect for hype.

^^ I would expect hype on the ones that were already sold. My local mom and pop store are releasing them as early as this week.

Korean Jordan heads complained...it supposed to be only international release it says..

News surfaced the other day that many Korean sneakerheads were planning on boycotting the release of the Rising Sun edition of the Air Jordan XII because they were unhappy with themilitary implications of the "Rising Sun" flag on the insoles. Apparently, Korean collectors got pretty organized in a hurry, starting a petition andgetting various media organizations involved. The noise made by the uprising was enough to force Jordan Brand's hand into producing an alternate plainWhite insole for the Asian release of the shoe in an effort to show some sensitivity towards the issue. Keep reading after the jump to see some more pics andto compare the new insole with the original "Rising Sun" version. Via Shoesholic.

^^

Amazing how something apparently innocuous could cause such an uproar. I applaud those who took a stand against a symbol that's offensive to them.

it's official

some stores are supposedly getting replacement insoles and have to insert them into the shoes all by hand...

...other stores are just sending them back

regardless....don't expect the same insole anytime soon

they had to know this was going to happen, they made a crappy shoe then they realised it and just happen to piss off a whole nation of people, now they haveall this hype and now they can move these crappy shoes

Back
Top Bottom