Air Jordan 13 "Flint" May 30, 2020

It can be hard to tell with official pics, but the shape there appears okay compared to 2017 black/reds..
The '17s were an abomination. I wouldn't use those as my baseline for comparison.

And, at any rate, the "shape" is just one aspect of the bastardization. Besides the banana toe: the gray is too dark, the collar around the ankle and achilles is too low, the suede and 3M overlay cuts are misshapen, the blue liner is wrapping over the tongue, the piping around the navy mesh is excessively thick...the list is endless. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that the shade of navy is the only thing that they (sort of) got right with this retro.

In my book, these are trash, and are no different from the mid-2000s retro regurgitations. But I guess only time (and then backward perspective) will reveal that to the faithful Jordan consumer.

vampire xtc vampire xtc , let them keep spending their money. I’m paring down my collection as we speak and I’ve sold a s*ton on GOAT lately. I’ll take advantage of this while it lasts. Hell, we all should (situational speaking of course)

lol I get it

as a seller this is magical

and I’m not mad at a seller taking advantage at all especially during current circumstances and bills future proofing savings etc..

I’m just amazed at the buyers

more so off the after market than retail

more people buying at retail is expected if the cash flow is more now

but the ease of ehh I’ll pay double or even triple currently going on is nuts like ok you have more income weekly by a very large margin cool

but this isn’t smart on their part the well will run dry at a point and sneakers aren’t THAT important

and I get in some instances a dude collecting checks might live at home with his parents and the income is all disposable based on their situation Etc..

but still it’s so wildly irresponsible it’s crazy lol

reminds me of a old Chris rock joke he madeback in the day where some people get money make a savings etc.. earn interest etc.. open a business invest maybe and money goes on and on generationally

other people get some money they buy some jewelry lol

I like these and other 13s... and I think the colorway is fire. That's all that matters to me because I never had past versions to compare them to and I'm definitely not paying more for a shoe that is going to fall apart sooner. I guess ignorance is bliss.

BA61C742-04C1-4F1D-A2F9-94F99A413310.gif

Last edited:
All I have left is a pic of my pair from 2010.Don’t know what happened to em but will always be one of my favs and very comfy! My brother had the OGs in ‘98.I came home from school and he had em on,they were so fire to me! This is the shoe that launched my Jordan craze.Need these again!

Attachments

• A01CEE72-3B5B-485A-8C28-B4038113C2AB.jpeg
    A01CEE72-3B5B-485A-8C28-B4038113C2AB.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 137
I have a hard time wrapping my head around people being more excited for these than the fire red 5s lol.. Just my opinion but that really surprises me.
I'd take 5s if I had to choose but I understand people wanting these being that they haven't retroed in so long

lol I get it

as a seller this is magical

and I’m not mad at a seller taking advantage at all especially during current circumstances and bills future proofing savings etc..

I’m just amazed at the buyers

more so off the after market than retail

more people buying at retail is expected if the cash flow is more now

but the ease of ehh I’ll pay double or even triple currently going on is nuts like ok you have more income weekly by a very large margin cool

but this isn’t smart on their part the well will run dry at a point and sneakers aren’t THAT important

and I get in some instances a dude collecting checks might live at home with his parents and the income is all disposable based on their situation Etc..

but still it’s so wildly irresponsible it’s crazy lol

reminds me of a old Chris rock joke he madeback in the day where some people get money make a savings etc.. earn interest etc.. open a business invest maybe and money goes on and on generationally

other people get some money they buy some jewelry lol

i’m with ya 100%. I was just bustin ya chops for a sec.

At the same time I’m selling my collection I turned around and paid WAAY over retail for the grey Bel-Air Vs. I think it goes back to the fact of what the value is to the buyer, and what I paid I think was fair for me and the seller so I’m not ashamed. Luckily for me, my bills are paid, I have a steady job & income, and i can splurge a bit.

your chris rock reference is right on point tho. Gawd that man is hilarious...definitely my favorite comedian by far

“well put rims on a toaster!”

“its the countdown to when this brotha gonna go broke!”

classic.

but SNKRS gonna crash tomorrow 8:55 lol.

Back
Top Bottom