i think the cheapest retro made this year 

nothing like the 99 edition and not even close to the 2005 retro 

What part?
the whole shoe 
the shoe is very light in weight from the 1998 and 2005 

i guess thats good for some 

but thats what i come to expect cheap materials at a premium price 
sick.gif
The midsole on the 14's this year feels like its a piece of oak. There is no way there is any zoom air in there or anything
The leather on the sides of the black/reds is cheep and stiff and shiny

The nubuck on the toe is hard and is going to crease like crazy. Totally different than the suede on the OG's

As soon as I saw these I knew I couldnt cop, they dont look anything like the OG's and they hurt your feet

Oh ok, yeah I can agree. I have OG's and I've noticed the differences in weight in past releases.

No zoom? The XIV's was an excellent basketball sneaker, it would be a shame if they changed that

Originally Posted by Hetty714

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Originally Posted by Magic1978

These shoes are made real cheap
i think the cheapest retro made this year 

nothing like the 99 edition and not even close to the 2005 retro 

What part?
the whole shoe 

sick.gif
The midsole on the 14's this year feels like its a piece of oak. There is no way there is any zoom air in there or anything

The nubuck on the toe is hard and is going to crease like crazy. Totally different than the suede on the OG's

As soon as I saw these I knew I couldnt cop, they dont look anything like the OG's and they hurt your feet

Oh ok, yeah I can agree. I have OG's and I've noticed the differences in weight in past releases.

No zoom? The XIV's was an excellent basketball sneaker, it would be a shame if they changed that

Wow hearing that about these completely turns me off now. 
I was expecting some type of premium 14 this time around...who am I kidding...

Wow hearing that about these completely turns me off now. 
I was expecting some type of premium 14 this time around...who am I kidding...

if these are still available a week after the concords release then i'll cop. i think it's bad timing for this shoe to drop.

if these are still available a week after the concords release then i'll cop. i think it's bad timing for this shoe to drop.

the whole shoe 

sick.gif

Idk what they are making the midsoles out of in the 14s this year, but they are hard as a rock and have absolutely no give to them.
I am lucky enough to own 2 OG pairs of 14's and the zoom has a great feel. The midsoles in this years 14s feel like a pair of Reebok classics or some Nike MS78's or something with a solid PU midsole.  Rock hard and almost painful to wear

the whole shoe 

sick.gif

Idk what they are making the midsoles out of in the 14s this year, but they are hard as a rock and have absolutely no give to them.
I am lucky enough to own 2 OG pairs of 14's and the zoom has a great feel. The midsoles in this years 14s feel like a pair of Reebok classics or some Nike MS78's or something with a solid PU midsole.  Rock hard and almost painful to wear

with each retro release of most shoes the quality is not there anymore and the OG technology is lost by cutting corners and the shoe are less to make for nike and more to buy for the customers  

with each retro release of most shoes the quality is not there anymore and the OG technology is lost by cutting corners and the shoe are less to make for nike and more to buy for the customers  

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by Mikey23

Seen these today and they are
pimp.gif
they look way better in person than in pics.

REALLY? I THOUGHT THE EXACT OPPOSITE WHEN I SAW THEM LAST WEEK.

I didnt plan on copping them, but seeing  them in person ive changed my mind.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by Mikey23

Seen these today and they are
pimp.gif
they look way better in person than in pics.

REALLY? I THOUGHT THE EXACT OPPOSITE WHEN I SAW THEM LAST WEEK.

I didnt plan on copping them, but seeing  them in person ive changed my mind.

If these sit long enough to get discounted on Swoosh, then I'll cop. Would like a pair, but $160 is too steep for a sneaker that can only be pulled off in the warmer months (since it sounds like this retro will be horrible for ballin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom