Air Jordan 25th Anniversary

And the codesigner is...................Gentry! Lol That would be a nightmare
frown.gif

Much the same for me as the xx3 is the last in the signature line and the 25th shoe doesn't mean much. They probably would try to bring people back whodon't collect every 5 years with 30,35,40,45, etc. anniversay to create more hype to that shoe.

Yes, its true - Tinker will be designing the XXV. Like Meth, I am golf clapping. But whats really mind-blowing for the 25th Anniversary is what is slated forthe retros
pimp.gif

Meth took the words right out of my mouth. I always look forward to seeing what Tinker comes up with regardless....but for me, even the XX3 was a flop.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Yes, its true - Tinker will be designing the XXV. Like Meth, I am golf clapping. But whats really mind-blowing for the 25th Anniversary is what is slated for the retros
pimp.gif
Thank You FLINT! SoleJordan and Myself have been trying to get this point across about the Retros in 2010 for the 25th. If the Plans don'tchange and it's looking like it won't 2010 should be a very good year. And for all hate already on the XX5 Just wait until you guys see it. I mean Idon't think they'll manhandle Tinker like they did with Mayden's Original Design.............

most interesting thread I've seen in here for a while. so many reliable community members giving good insight. thanks for sharing the info
as for me, I will patiently wait and see.

next years 2010 retro's will ALL be very limited....i wish they could go back to releaseing every jordan shoe being not limited. i want to wear them. iwant to enjoy wearing them. i want to pay retail. i dont want to be standing in line or paying rape prices from people who want to make money.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Yes, its true - Tinker will be designing the XXV. Like Meth, I am golf clapping. But whats really mind-blowing for the 25th Anniversary is what is slated for the retros
pimp.gif
yeah that's why i've been saving my money this year, because i
know next year will be big. here we are approaching april
and i have yet to copp any jb shoes

It's to the point now where they're retroing Tinker himself; bringing him back at certain times to provide us with a middling effort and to generatesome mirage-like hype.

I think XX was TH's best post-XIV Air Jordan, and that's not saying as much as it could have.

XX3 was a poorly executed design. The elements were there but the shoe walked the fine line between 'fresh' and 'gaudy'.

I understand the idea of Tinker doing the 25th shoe but what does that even mean now? They've destroyed the Air Jordan legacy so thoroughly that wecan't even use retros to identify it anymore. As Air Jordan fans, where's our 'dental record shoe'? The shoe (retro, at this point) that willpinpoint exactly what Air Jordans USED to be?

For me, TH doing anything at Jordan Brand is a waste of time. Unless he's consulting on the accuracy of retros, he's probably better off hanging out inthe Kitchen, helping real designs and real technology along.

(As far as potential retros for 2010, unless I can fairly easily acquire them - assuming they aren't butchered - the whole release year for Jordans isshot. For ex. "Oh! They're bringing out Concord XI's! How many pairs? 3. Three per store? Oh, three worldwide. Thanks, JB!")

Originally Posted by Beelzebub23

Originally Posted by johnmckoolaid

are you trying to say their getting tinker to designer the 25s? or 2010s , whatever they call them
You just made realize two things.
1: 2k- is the dumbest name for any Jordan product.

2:They can't use this name forever. Are they really planning on calling this the "2K10"? Does that even make any sense? I know that these aren't really supposed to be sigs (sig line is dead), but I still feel they could've taken more time with the name.
umm of course it makes sense, 2K just means 2000, so unless you plan on supporting JB all the way into the next millenium, I dont see the issuehere....

Sorry but not even ataching the great man to the project is enough to get me excited about the new jordan.

Give me the retro's and i'm done

Back
Top Bottom