Air Jordan 25th Anniversary

I don't think they will call next year's sig the XXV's because there is no XXIV's.
smh.gif

I bet this is the last Jordan that Tinker designs for awhile, if ever.

They MIGHT bring him back out for the 30th anniversary if he's interested - but other than that, I don't see him doing any more J's before then.

Sam, when has Jordan Brand made sense (consistently)?
They can easily revert 2 the numbered series.
You're 3rd eye is 20/20 like always
I'm waiting on cement 11mids...

look how much hype Tinkers name creates has that early 2000s feeling dont it, when retros where really the !$*, i cant wait for the leaked pics which i assumewill debut this summer

This could be REALLY interesting, let's hope Tinker is back with some heat. Can't wait for more info/pics and 2010...it's going to be one terribleyear for my pockets lol.

Yo Meth, if you got off on the 23rd stop and the 25th anniversary shoe turn out pretty nice, you will go back to 2009.
Not a chance. I'm not buying an ugly, overpriced sneaker for the sake of continuity in a meaningless collection. The shoes I do own,I've purchased because I actually like them.

My point is that the Jordan line no longer holds any special meaning for me. Growing up, we all eagerly anticipated the new Air Jordan. It was, with preciousfew exceptions, the shoe to own that year.

Those days are over. Now, it's just one of 3,000 releases from nike/jordan, it has to contend with half the Jordan back catalog via retros, there's noreal build-up of anticipation prior to the release, and seeing Chris Paul, Ray Allen, and Joe Johnson wearing them in the All Star game is anti-climactic.

It's no longer the industry's flagship product - it's just another shoe and as much as I appreciate the 23 from an aesthetic standpoint and approveof its efforts, however halfhearted, to incorporate environmentally sustainable materials and construction, I've grown sick of what the line has become. It's no longer the best basketball shoe money can buy. It's difficult to consider the product sophisticated in terms of styling cues when they allfeature white plastic with an irridescent, rainbow sheen, they're obsessed with exploiting artificial scarcity (titaniums, etc.) to try and hustle up fakehype, and the products are, by and large, backward-looking rather than forward thinking - bent on recreating past glories rather than taking the basketballshoe, functionally and aesthetically, to the next level.

I just don't foresee this shoe bringing anything to the table that I, as an Air Jordan fan since the pre-championship Bulls days, give a damn about.

If you create a great looking, sophisticated, innovative, high performance basketball shoe that's ethical and responsible in its materials and productionmethods - I'll buy it. I don't care who makes it. I don't care what the name of it is. My confidence in Jordan brand's ability to createsuch a shoe, though, is at an all time low. So, the fact that Tinker may co-design an Air Jordan XXV hasn't exactly rendered me giddy with anticipation. To me, the line is effectively over until otherwise proven.

My collection feels quite complete without the 2009, thanks, and I have no intention of buying a XXV just because Tinker's involved. If they handcuff himthe way they handcuffed Jason Mayden, there's no way the next model will be anything but a disappointment, relegated to the shadows beneath a steaming pileof rehashed and remixed retros.

what's so secret about this? the rumor has been around for a minute. 25th anniversary, tinker is on it, blah blah. nothing new, but i am DEFINITELY waitingto see what's going to drop.

If Tinker is a CO-designer, my suspicion is that the shoe, whatever they may call it, was already in progress when they realised how negative the reaction tothe
2k9 is, and Tinker was called in to rework it a little.

The only thing i anticipate is another price hike.

I just have to mention that Method Man's form of typing is the way I was taught to write in school...not speaking vocabulary-wise but more formal andappealing to the eye.

Kudos to you my man..

For me 23 was the way to end it and still is.

I'll tone my collection through the years but do not believe in purchasing the 2009 just because. It was the most horrific take down of an Air Jordan shoesince LUGZ ripped off the XVIII's with those black/purple boots.

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

There is two hints in that post:

The first being Tinker is back for the 25.

The second, that he is not alone. There will be some kind of codesigner, ala the real mccoys will not be happy.
wink.gif

Going back to jays is like going back to the woman who has cheated on you.

And cheated with an UGLY dude (think fusion)

When the hot retros come out next year I'll be involved.....

The sig line for JB is dead after the XX3. There's no more significance for the sig line after the XX3 (for obvious reasons) and the 25th anniversary meansnothing to me.

I am not at all excited or enamored by having a Air Jordan 2010 shoe that will be overpriced and overhyped especially when the retros are truly what holds thiscompany together. As I mentioned...bring on the hot retros and have Tinker oversee that project because they've destroyed his iconic lineage enough bybastardizing his sneaker creations from many many years ago....

That other stuff......just doesn't interest me.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom