Air Jordan 3 Retro 5Lab3 2014 Release info $225 "Kix and the City"

I remember watching a video of Tinker saying something about the 3Lab series each stands for some kind of Element which represented the Jordan Collection...

Or something like that...

The 1st ones being the Elephant print…..

These 5Lab3's are which Element? 3m?

Last edited:
Personally I hate clear soles on 3s. But clear sole, AND 3m on these? isn't 1 gimmick enough?
laugh.gif

I remember watching a video of Tinker saying something about the 3Lab series each stands for some kind of Element which represented the Jordan Collection...

Its well known now
View media item 864876
Im guessing for the 2s the It and L maybe Italian and Leather? for the 11s the Pl might mean plate? Like Carbon Fiber Plate? Or maybe it means Patent Leather

they come with a "Re" element card that stands for Rhenium in the periodic table, a silvery metal :smile:

They pushed off the release date?

As of right now, no. There were people saying that they got pushed back to Monday the 31st but someone asked Foot Locker if that was true and they basically said no that they have them scheduled for a Saturday March 29th release date. Champ's store locator has them listed for the 29th as well.

Im already getting the feeling im jus gonna miss these. Too limited and if i cant pay to have someone hold me a pair ill just take my $225 and put a lil $ with it and get some Js that i REALLY want at Flightclub.com

Excuse the noob questions, but I only have 1 pair of 3's (powder blue) and all my other OG shoes i had growing up (I'm 31) I played basketball in, so I wasn't really worried about creases or anything pealing etc.  I would just break out the shoe cleaner, then beat them up some more.  What exactly happens with the 3M and the pealing.  Also what happens with the toe box creasing? I have heard about the midsole cracking.  Can anyone provide pics of what they are talking about?

Yea it's in the inner midsole.... I'll share pics later... midsole doesn't crack it's just the paint starts to chip when the midsole creases I have like 6 pair of 3s (check my pics) all of them have done that more later than sooner probably 6+ casual wears

[table][tr][td]03/29/14[/td][td]Air Jordan 5LAB3[/td][td]Reflect Silver/Reflect Silver-Black-White[/td][td]$225[/td][td]
585545-010
[/td][/tr][/table]
via NDC calendar

As much as I hate the price tag, I'm going for these. Quality really looks on point. These are definitely one of the best LAB themed sneakers so far, IMO.

I hate how 3M cracks and peels so much. Not worth the $225 tag IMO. One of my pairs of DB 9s is dunzo after casual wear.

Hopefully its around 3lab5 numbers... Can't wait!

According to Matt Powell, they made and sold 10k pair's of the 3LAB5's (Infrared). If I were you, I wouldn't be happy about my odds lol I'd still try to cop but I'd hope for higher numbers like GR numbers or something lmao.

Yea it's in the inner midsole.... I'll share pics later... midsole doesn't crack it's just the paint starts to chip when the midsole creases I have like 6 pair of 3s (check my pics) all of them have done that more later than sooner probably 6+ casual wears
@Marshaquari8816  if you could I would appreciate it.  I have worn my Powder Blue's 2-3 times, and they seem fine.  Obviously they are a different material though.
I hate how 3M cracks and peels so much. Not worth the $225 tag IMO. One of my pairs of DB 9s is dunzo after casual wear.
@ronaldcinho  any pics of the 3M cracking and peelingI wear a lot if gray, and was going to use this as my go to shoe.  Seems like I was mistaken in thinking they will last.

So have we came up with a general consensus? Are these going to hold up long enough to make it worth the cop? They still look dope to me, but I haven't owned a full blown 3M shoe before nor do I know what they'll look like. I just want some kind of pictures or video's before I go and try buying the Nike SB Rival Pack and miss out on trying for these.

^^^ No telling. But these are the best looking of the lab series thus far IMO. Pretty confident they're gonna be a tough cop..

Back
Top Bottom