Air Jordan 4 "Dunk From Above" To Release (3/19/16)

I'm loving mine. They look great with khaki/tan pants, or pretty much any color. The gum bottom saves it for me. If it was an all white sole I don't think it would look as clean.

Love these 4s. The leather is crazy good. I have the white cements but like the darker color of these for daily use. Very surprised these sat. I get that the 5 lows sat but these really surprise me

Wish this weather was better, but looks like next weekend I'll finally be able to hit the courts with these!

I couldn't understand why people were comparing these to the oreos, it makes sense to me now. They are obviously completely diffrent types of leather, but when you press down on the toe box they kind of look the same. I always think of tumbled leather as stiff and hard, but my oreos are super broke in, and the DFA kind of creases the same.

I have one DFA with a smooth toebox, and one that looks more like well-worn Chicagos. But when you press down on the toebox, both shoes look the same.

These are the type of leather that is so fun to wear in and crease up. Plus the gum bottom just makes the shoe. If I ever get sick of them I am going to paint them black and have me some black/gum 4s.

Last edited:
Wonder if they'll start marking these down soon...or do a fake sellout and ship these to outlets

I haven't followed this thread too closely but, anyone else notice/has it been mentioned that these released 21 years to the day of MJ's 1st return in the colorway of the team he played? (Pacers)

Seems unlikely that this is a coincidence, but JB has made no mention of it (that I know of) and makes for a better story than just the "Dunk from Above" theme IMO.

Really happy with these in hand btw...

Absolutely loving the creasing after 1 wear. The leather on these is so soft that its actually hard to lace. The leather is kind of thin and flimsy, but in a good way, it feels like a real shoe, not a basketball shoe.

Must cop, must rock

On mobile, will have to post the pic when I get home.

EDIT: pic

View media item 1997128

Last edited:
Balled hard in these the past 2 days.  Leather is so soft and creases perfectly.  No hard ugly crease, just nice soft feel, really broken in nicely already.  Got a lot of compliments/questions on the shoes, lots of the guys sounded interested in picking up a pair of their own and weren't aware of the CW.

just saw a pair in person,,,,that leather tho 
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom