Air Jordan 5 "Grape" Aftermath Thread (No Buying/Selling or Trading)

Big Tune !!!!! They banging that everywhere now ! ! ^^^^^^^ lol

Last edited:
Here are mines that came from Champs last Friday. Finally took some time to take photos this morning on my balcony in the morning sun. Just keeping it basic, no buffoonery or idiocy here since I'm too old for that crap.

I dunno what everyone's complaining about. I inspected my bros pair from ndc and I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of glue stains and pre-creases.

I dunno...seems kind of pointless to talk about JB material quality considering the fact that they've been skimping out on the customers since forever. Everyone should be used to it by now.

Repped, It was stated a while ago, that these have become a fashion statement. These are no longer meant to play any type of ball in. I understand reminiscing on an older pair cool, but man... It's like, we all have been warned. Cop some XVI and up, Lebrons, KDs, (I would never suggest a low top sneaker such as Kobe's, but just my opinion) etc.... If that's what you looking for. I will say this though, I appreciate the comparisons and brief history of each and every model 1-XXVIII OG, retro, etc. the complaints... Save em til you have something good to say haha...

Last edited:
Use same leather next to the mesh on the tongue compared to buying some cloth and doing proper = profit

I dunno...seems kind of pointless to talk about JB material quality considering the fact that they've been skimping out on the customers since forever. Everyone should be used to it by now.

i don't think it's pointless at all to talk about the materials of a sneaker on a sneaker website (NT)
and we all know there are degrees to which nike 'skimps' - not all skimping translates to the same treatment for each release
therefore there is something to be said about each individual release as it relates to quality

but regardless, i informed you as to why when you asked why

i'm not complaining because (like you said) - it was forseeable for the materials to be lousy on this release
but then again - this colorway/model isn't my grail/favorite aj - if it was - i might be more upset with the treatment

see, different people can bring different nuances to the same point - if you don't understand, you will someday

i don't think it's pointless at all to talk about the materials of a sneaker on a sneaker website (NT)
and we all know there are degrees to which nike 'skimps' - not all skimping translates to the same treatment for each release
therefore there is something to be said about each individual release as it relates to quality

but regardless, i informed you as to why when you asked why

i'm not complaining because (like you said) - it was forseeable for the materials to be lousy on this release
but then again - this colorway/model isn't my grail/favorite aj - if it was - i might be more upset with the treatment

see, different people can bring different nuances to the same point - if you don't understand, you will someday
i do. every other post becomes repetitive and old. everyone knows quality back in the day was on point. now the material is crapy, at the end of the day u still gonna buy the shoe.

i didn't buy this release tho
so there may be some grey that needs to be worked into that black & white theory of yours

Last edited:
Returned mine to nikestore yesterday, same day they were delivered. Idk what I was thinking. Thought I'd try out a white sneaker for once but wasn't for me. Black grapes will be doubled up on though. These weren't my grails or a must cop. Just idle hands and disposable income led me to purchase these. I'm an air max guy who occasionally cops J's and Foams.
I've definitely made a couple of impulse buys in my day.  It happens. 
smile.gif

Here are mines that came from Champs last Friday. Finally took some time to take photos this morning on my balcony in the morning sun. Just keeping it basic, no buffoonery or idiocy here since I'm too old for that crap.
I had these shoes in my hand a week before release, looking them over. This pic right here though makes me have second thoughts about passing!

I honestly really depends on luck. Order a few pairs for family members. End of story when looking at 4 pairs from different websites. The quality does differ. But what I also noticed was it different production dates. Short story it must be the workers that f#^#% the shoes with their quality control. Eastbay> FtL>NDC>FNl. In that order was the quality from best to worst. Date wise the earlier produced pairs were overall a lot better.

* what I mean by quality control- was glue stains, pre-creases, stitching all bad, and the damn black paper glued to the box lol

Good thing I didn't get these, man JB quality been hit or miss lately
These were way better than the Fire Reds from earlier this year. No more excess glue, fcked up midsole painting, and toebox creases. Only complaint would be that mine arrived with one of the tongues' mesh came all folded and creased.

Back
Top Bottom