Air Jordan 5 "Grape" Aftermath Thread (No Buying/Selling or Trading)

so for an update in case anyone cares, I decided to send my grapes in to nike claims to see what I can get. I sent them on Friday and then the manager at FTL called me today saying I can return them
mean.gif
. I should've kept them til today lol, but whats done is done. Now I gotta wait a week or two to see what nikes response is. Also, I paid 25 to ship my grapes to them, which sucks.
i hope u tracked the package.

So today I got an email saying my product claim was approved and I'll get a voucher in the mail soon. Bad news is I paid like twenty bucks for shipping and my tax isint getting reimbursed. Also, when I called the didn't want to give me any 10% off coupons like I've heard ppl have got for issues in the past smh

So today I got an email saying my product claim was approved and I'll get a voucher in the mail soon. Bad news is I paid like twenty bucks for shipping and my tax isint getting reimbursed. Also, when I called the didn't want to give me any 10% off coupons like I've heard ppl have got for issues in the past smh
Soooo this whole endeavor was a loss?

So for anyone in my predicament in the future either return your product to FTL or keep it, doesn't pay to send your product to Nike unless it's not a limited product

Managed to finally pick these up for 205$ shipped, and I was happy paying that
205 shipped isn't bad at all bro! Nice pick up. Still my favorite release of the year even though I got the Toros too. If you're looking for Jordan shorts or shirts to match, check the Clearance Sale section of finishline.com. All their Grape apparel is under 20 bucks!

205 shipped isn't bad at all bro! Nice pick up. Still my favorite release of the year even though I got the Toros too. If you're looking for Jordan shorts or shirts to match, check the Clearance Sale section of finishline.com. All their Grape apparel is under 20 bucks!
Maybe I wasn't looking in the right spot but the only thing I see for under 20 is socks. But I did only search "Jordan Grapes"

No problem man. The selection was a little bigger on there earlier this week but hope you find what you need

Anybody experiencing any yellowing issues with these already, or does that blue sole really prolong the life?

Anybody experiencing any yellowing issues with these already, or does that blue sole really prolong the life?
Haven't worn mine yet, but from past experiences, the blue soles really due help delay the yellowing process. Just be sure to clean the bottoms after every wear, avoid getting them wet, and store them in a nice dry place without too much air exposure. My Cool Grey XIs from 2010 are just now barely starting to yellow thanks to the blue tinted sole

Haven't worn mine yet, but from past experiences, the blue soles really due help delay the yellowing process. Just be sure to clean the bottoms after every wear, avoid getting them wet, and store them in a nice dry place without too much air exposure. My Cool Grey XIs from 2010 are just now barely starting to yellow thanks to the blue tinted sole
Thanks for the tips.  What's your stance in the paper vs. no paper debate?  Does it make a difference if you throw it away or leave it in the box with the shoes?

Thanks for the tips.  What's your stance in the paper vs. no paper debate?  Does it make a difference if you throw it away or leave it in the box with the shoes?
I don't think it matters. I leave my paper in the box just like it originally came. It's hard for me to imagine the paper having much of any effect at all lol. I do keep my XIs in plastic bags though. I'll probably do the same with my Grapes after a few wears. If anything, I'm more worried about the netting yellowing than the soles

Although blue tint helps mAsk yellowing a lot better than clear soles there's one thing i noticed. After awhile the blue tint will start to fade on its own. My cool Greys were bright blue when they came in from finish line and by the time I wore them 6 months later they hadn't even started yellowing around the pods yet but the blue tint was significantly duller than when I first got them.

That's the point.. It starts to get clear rather than yellow. a dull blue will look way better with the grape colorway btw

Back
Top Bottom